WRS Race Steward
Premium
United Kingdom
Some where near the Pub
GTP_hasslemoff
WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

£60 Million Hardcore Classic

NO ABS, NO AIDS, Heavy Damage, Sports Soft tyres and the chance of rain :scared::)

10390185234_47c72d1ed2_o.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Main Race

Saturday November 9th 2013

3:00 PM Pacific | 6:00 PM Eastern | 23:00 GMT World Clock

img.php

ferrari-garage.jpg
jag-garage.jpg

ford-garage.jpg

MonzaWeather_zps90a29b54.jpg

Qualifying Deadline

Friday November 8th

2:00 PM Pacific | 5:00 PM Eastern | 22:00 GMT World Clock

img.php

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_zps1338bbc7.jpg
Stewards Notes:

People asked for No ABS, People asked for all AIDS to be disabled, People asked for weather, People asked for heavy damage and People asked for the £20 Million classics, well you got it all in a 90 minute race on a Classic track.

News and Updates:

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

10390218396_c4788fbaf3_o.jpg

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing | GTP_3D3_A | GTP_3D3_B)
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled with grids of 12 or more)

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps : 47+1
  • Start Type: Formation Lap* w/ Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Heavy
  • Disable Collisions: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Weather Settings
  • Suface water at start: 20%
  • Weather: 25%
  • Chance of change: 6

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restrictions: Unrestricted
  • Performance Points: Ford Mk IV = 611 PP | Ferrari 330 P4 = 618 PP | Jaguar XJ13 = 603 PP
  • Weight: 1000kg
  • Drivetrain: FR + MR
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Soft (S3) Racing Intermediate, Racing Rain
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Disabled

ferrari-garage.jpg

• Car Type: Premium
    • Make: Ferrari
    • Model: 330 P4 Race Car '67
    • Performance Points: 618 PP (w/max aero)
    • Power: 471 HP (PL=100%)
    • Weight: 792 KG (Stock)

jag-garage.jpg

• Car Type: Premiun
    • Make: Jaguar
    • Model: XJ13 Race Car '66
    • Performance Points: 603 PP (w/max aero)
    • Power: 512 bhp (PL=95.5%)
    • Weight: 998kg (Stock)

ford-garage.jpg

• Car Type: Premium
    • Make: Ford
    • Model: Mark IV Race Car '67
    • Performance Points: 611 PP (w/max aero)
    • Power: 512 bhp (PL=96.7%)
    • Weight: 1000kg (Stock)

Common Regulations:
    • Oil Change: Required (All cars must start the race with the oil indicator off)
    • Aero: Up to Max Aero Allowed
    • Chassis Reinforcement: Optional
    • Engine Stage Upgrades: N/A
    • ECU Tuning: N/A
    • Intake System: N/A
    • Exhaust: N/A
    • Turbo Kits: Stock / Default - Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD
    • Transmission: Fully Customizable Transmission (Stock)
    • Drivetrain: Adjustable LSD (Stock)
    • Suspension: Fully Customizable Kit (Stock)
    • Brakes: Brake Balance Controller (Stock)
    • Tires: Sports Soft, Racing Inters, Racing Rain.

Regulation Checks
    1. PP Limit set to 603pp and all Jaguar drivers must enter the pits.
    2. PP Limit set to 611pp and all Ford drivers must enter the pits.
    3. PP Limit set to 618pp and all Ferrari drivers must enter the pits.

Qualifying

The top qualifying drivers will participate in the "A" race and others in the "B" race or potentially will remain on reserve if the threshold number of drivers for two lounges is not reached. The qualifying deadline is approximately 24hrs prior to race start. Late qualification may be allowed if spots are open, but late qualifying drivers will start at the back of the grid.

Qualifying will take place during the ten days prior to the race. Drivers can arrange ad hoc sessions with an approved qualifying steward at any time during the window. All qualifying sessions will require a steward to set up the lounge to proper specs and will consist of 1 Hot lap from a standing start which are observed and verified by stewards and other drivers. Standard WRS track rules are in effect during these races and any infractions will be penalized a minimum of 2 seconds per incident unless it is beyond a reasonable doubt that the "infraction" had a negative impact on the lap time. Each driver can attempt qualifying only once.

Qualification times will not be published until the qualification window closes. Drivers are allowed to share their own quali times via PM or other private communications and others can observe their runs with permission from the driver, but qualification lap times or any information that be used to derive quali lap times should not be posted/discussed in any public thread.

Qualifying Race Procedure
  1. A race steward will set up the lounge to the proper specs for the class.
  2. The driver will be given 1 hot lap from a standing start.
  3. The qualifying steward and any other observers will monitor the race live to validate the run and save a replay in case of any protest.
  4. The qualifying races will consist of 1 hot lap from a standing start
  5. When the driver finishes the hot lap the steward will take note of the time.
  6. Lap times and any infractions will be noted and announced by the steward.
  7. When the driver and steward are in agreement on the recorded net lap times the driver can exit the track.

Qualifying Settings and Weather Settings
  • Lap Count: 2
  • Hot lap: 1st lap from a standing start with brake check
  • Surface water: 20%
  • Weather: 100%
  • Chance of change: 0%

Qualifying Time
  1. The driver's first hot lap will determine his starting position on the grid.
  2. Drivers that fail to qualify by the deadline may be allowed to start behind all qualifiers (potentially in room b) if space is available and ranked by handicap.
Qualifying Issues
  • Any disagreement over infractions will be handled via replay review.
  • If a driver disconnects before finishing his first hot lap he can return to re-run a qualifying race.
  • A driver will not be allowed to rerun a qualification lap if he DCs after damage occurs to the car in the lap, but he can rerun subsequent laps.
Approved Qualifying Stewards (in alpha order w/time zone)
  1. Allibubba99 (GTP_Allibubba99) - NA
  2. ealirendur (GTP_ealirendur) - AU
  3. EDK (GTP_EDK) - Pacific
  4. Gravitron (GTP_Gravitron) - NA/Pacific
  5. hasslemoff (GTP_hasslemoff) - EU (Great Britain)
  6. Hydro (GTP_Hydro) - NA/Eastern
  7. jtv90069 (GTP_JTV) - AU
  8. MadMax86 (GTP_MadMax86) - EU (Finland)
  9. mcfizzle (GTP_mcfizzle) - NA/Central
  10. oink83 (GTP_oink) - EU (UK)
  11. Porsche (GTP_orsche) - NA/Eastern
  12. Racingworld68 (GTP_Racingworld) - EU (Belgium)
  13. Speedy6543 (GTP_Speedy6543) - EU (Belgium)
  14. WRP001 (GTP_WRP001) - NA/Pacific
  15. w-g-e (GTP_w-g-e) - EU (Netherlands)
Scheduling a Qualifying Session

Drivers should post to the thread requesting a steward to observe their qualifying run and the day/times you would be available. To maximize the chance of making a match with a steward please provide a few times and give a bit of up front notice. Stewards may also post that they have qualifying rooms ready in case anyone is ready to qualify. During those steward prompted sessions the lounge will be set up for free run practice until someone is ready to qualify. Drivers are welcome to practice during these sessions and observe others qualification runs. All qualifying runs must take place in private lounges (not public lobbies).

10390191115_a729c481ea_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

eventhardcore_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Register

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form[/URL] (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event and slots are awarded on the grid using qualification time. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your status or any other registration choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as event status.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7_zpse2403073.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesraceresults.png

hc-quali-png.82194

hc-results-1-png.82237

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

What a gruelling prospect! oh well just for the fun of it ;)

:scared:

Well if Bart's doing it.... need someone to crash into you mate? :P

this is just maddness and this ''People asked for No ABS, People asked for all AIDS to be disabled, People asked for weather, People asked for heavy damage and People asked for the £20 Million classics, well you got it all in a 90 minute race on a Classic track.'' well that's one way to put it this is going to be crazy.

this looks great -- bar no ABS :lol: that's one thing I need to work on, I have toyed around with no ABS but I find it so hard with no resistance in the pedals! Don't have much time these days so not sure if i'll have enough time to practice with no ABS to compete fairly in this

Ok, this is HARDCORE (still miss time change as night driving) :)

Question: Transmission & suspension: OP said "stock". What's it means? Can we still make our own setup changing transmission and suspension? Or is everything in stock? Tuning prohibited?
Edit: In OP "Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted"

Last edited:
It means the car comes with a customizable transmission by default (you don't have to buy/add the part yourself). Tuning is allowed.

EDIT: Read your post on my phone which doesn't show the strike through text -- I see you found the correct answer without my help now that I"m on a PC. :lol:

Last edited:
this looks great -- bar no ABS :lol: that's one thing I need to work on, I have toyed around with no ABS but I find it so hard with no resistance in the pedals! Don't have much time these days so not sure if i'll have enough time to practice with no ABS to compete fairly in this

Yea thats one thing I miss with the pedals on a DFGT is no resistance.

I ended up using 3/0 Brake Balance and found it not to hard.

Can't make this. Removed my registration.

Last edited:
Hmm, looks interesting, I like the no abs and chance of rain, adds to the challenge. Ill practice for a bit but Im not sure if Ill race, these days Im so busy and can't stay up late for races.

Wow, this is crazy. Count me in!

Might struggle somewhat with no ABS, given the DFGT's pedals. If only I could afford a G27 or T500RS...

Am I crazy enough to register for this? Maybe.... No ABS was scaring me a bit, but I tried Paul's suggestion of a 3/0 BB and found it was manageable... as long as it stays dry! Not that ABS 1 would save my butt in the rain anyway... That's the scariest prospect for me now.

Funnily enough, the only testing I've done was with the no ABS in the rain, haven't tried it dry yet. Was fun in the rain though, but not easy.

I hope to get in the lounge on Saturday from around 19:00GMT, if anyone fancys some practice or if they are on the fence about joining to give it a go.

Disaster! My wired connection died today. I was using a pair of PLC adapters to enable my PC and PS3 to connect to the router (which is in another corner of the house), but the downstairs adapter gave up. When I tried plugging it into a different socket, it started sparking like mad, and then smoke appeared. :scared: Because of that, I've lost all trust in PLC adapters.

I'm currently using a USB dongle as a temporary solution. The signal is surprisingly good, though I haven't tested the PS3 yet (I use the PC as a bridge, which allows me to have the PC and PS3 connected to the internet at the same time). I'm eventually looking to buy a long network cable and connect the PC directly to the router, but until then I'm on a wireless connection. :irked:

@gm matthew Well do some tests in online lobbies with some guys, check how it holds up with people on track etc to make sure you're good for a race.

I'm really tempted to take the cockpit view, this being a "hardcore" race and all. The jag has one of the best cockpits I've seen in terms of how useful it actually is. Got a decent field of view, a really good rear mirror and generally pretty awesome!

But also I find it a bit more difficult to drive with cockpit in GT5 for whatever reason.

Edit: I also notice how 5 (including reserves) signed up are from UK. I guess we are used to all the rain? :sly:

Decided to finalise my car choice as the Ford Mark IV, since it's the only one I have and I can't be bothered to keep grinding to save up 20 million for another one.

I'm really tempted to take the cockpit view, this being a "hardcore" race and all. The jag has one of the best cockpits I've seen in terms of how useful it actually is. Got a decent field of view, a really good rear mirror and generally pretty awesome!

But also I find it a bit more difficult to drive with cockpit in GT5 for whatever reason.

Cockpit view is best if you have three screens, since then you have a realistic field of view. With only one screen, it just feels really cramped. Using multiple screens apparently doesn't work so well online in GT5 anyway.

I'd say choose it if you want, but don't feel forced to do so. I'm probably going to stick with bumper cam :cool:

Decided to finalise my car choice as the Ford Mark IV, since it's the only one I have and I can't be bothered to keep grinding to save up 20 million for another one.

Cockpit view is best if you have three screens, since then you have a realistic field of view. With only one screen, it just feels really cramped. Using multiple screens apparently doesn't work so well online in GT5 anyway.

I'd say choose it if you want, but don't feel forced to do so. I'm probably going to stick with bumper cam :cool:

Yeh. And I just put a level 19 ticket round a bunch of times to get my jag.

Should be in the lounge around 20:00GMT to run some laps and qualify if anyone is available.

Ive choose the Jag as well its the only one I havnt raced yet.

EDIT: make that after 20:30GMT ill be in the main lounge

Last edited:
I'll see you in there, just joining now.

Edit: Gunna try and figure out a tune, but if anyone has any pointers, I'm more than willing to listen :D

Last edited:
Anyone available to qualify me? I'll be practising in the main lounge.

EDIT: Anyone? The deadline's less than an hour away... :nervous:

Last edited:
Back