GTP WRS-Online : Special XVIII - Hardcore Classic - Nov 9

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 77 comments
Jon (GTP_JTV) just watched me, thanks Jon 👍

Fairly pleased with my lap, not a personal best but still right up there. No idea how it compares to everyone else though...

I'm terribly sorry, but I'm not going to make this one. I'm away from home tomorrow :(
I hope you have an official race tomorrow.

Jon (GTP_JTV) just watched me, thanks Jon 👍

Fairly pleased with my lap, not a personal best but still right up there. No idea how it compares to everyone else though...
Don't worry it will be better than mine ;)

Seems like I missed the qualifications, but can I join and start from the back?

I know a few people were going to struggle this week with qualifying in time, so I think its only fair that the qualifying session can be extended due to numbers.

If people would like to qualify today, I will be in the lounge from around 21:00GMT today to observe anyone who wants to qualify late and close the qualifying session around 22:00 GMT, which is an hour before the race.

I know a few people were going to struggle this week with qualifying in time, so I think its only fair that the qualifying session can be extended due to numbers.

If people would like to qualify today, I will be in the lounge from around 21:00GMT today to observe anyone who wants to qualify late and close the qualifying session around 22:00 GMT, which is an hour before the race.

Great!

One question about the regulations, did I understand correctly that minimum weight is 1000 kg and no turbo is allowed?

Great!

One question about the regulations, did I understand correctly that minimum weight is 1000 kg and no turbo is allowed?

The Turbos are not allowed.

No the minimun weight for each car is different, each car is the stock weight.

• Ferrari: Weight 792 kg (stock)
  • Ford: Weight 1000 kg (stock)
  • Jaguar: Weight 998 kg (stock)
The 1000kg is just in the Regulation checks.

It looks like I am actually going to be available for the race tonight.... I can qualify now if anyone is around..? Otherwise I'll jump in later tonight.

How many people do we have racing?

It looks like I am actually going to be available for the race tonight.... I can qualify now if anyone is around..? Otherwise I'll jump in later tonight.

As far as I know, three people (including me) have qualified up to 11:30 today, not sure if anyone else has qualified since then. Would be great for you to join in, even if it means my chance of winning taking a nosedive :P

Chris if you join that will make it to six, hopefully a few more ill join, ill be in the lounge from around 21:00gmt to watch anyone qualify 👍

I honestly can't wait to see you guys and this race. Hardcore almost seems like an understatement.

I honestly can't wait to see you guys and this race. Hardcore almost seems like an understatement.
Are you not racing?

Great!

And just to re-clarify this, you actually don't need to add anything to you car at all. As long as you have bought the Sport Soft tyres, you are good, because I believe it comes already with a set of racing tyres which will include your rain tyres that you'll need. Depending on which car you are driving, you may or may not need to use the power limited to get within regs.

Eran, you need to accept the friends request from 3D3_Racing, so that you have access to the room for tonights race.

Are you not racing?

Still not too sure if I would be able to make it. And I don't think I have too much faith in myself with the no abs and rain with my controller heh.

Still not too sure if I would be able to make it. And I don't think I have too much faith in myself with the no abs and rain with my controller heh.
Come on, it'll be a riot. No-one is going to keep a clean sheet in an event like this so just have a bash and enjoy it. 👍

Edit: What tyres for qualy?

Last edited:
Edit: What tyres for qualy?
You aren't obliged to anything, but Inters seem most appropriate. The track gets reset to 20% water, and 100% weather, so by the time the race timer is done and you start the lap, its already getting for 30% water on track.

Edit: Also, looks like we are golden for an official race, as long as everyone arrives! 👍

In 2 minds about whether or not to stream. It could get messy ;)

A bit of observation before the race:

Even in dry conditions, the Inters have the most grip. However, they wear down really fast in dry conditions (8-9 laps before running out completely). If it's dry, you're much better off with the Sports Softs simply because they last substantially longer, but otherwise it's a compromise between grip and tyre wear. I'll reveal my complete strategy after the race.

Oh, and good news: my PS3 is now connected directly to the router. No PC bridge, no PLC adapters, just one very long Ethernet cable. For some reason the connection wouldn't work properly at first, with the PS3 sometimes forgetting that there was an Ethernet cable plugged in, but after completely restarting the PS3 it now appears to be working. :D

Good one Matthew. 👍 I have no strategy, I've had exactly 5 laps practice on Inters and 2 laps on S3s... this will be interesting... :P

A bit of observation before the race:

Even in dry conditions, the Inters have the most grip. However, they wear down really really really really fast in dry conditions (8-9 laps before running out completely). If it's dry, you're much better off with the Sports Softs simply because they last substantially longer, but otherwise it's a compromise between grip and tyre wear. I'll reveal my complete strategy after the race.

Im sure you will :sly:. Nice to hear you got your internet sorted 👍

Im in the main lounge now if anyone wants to practice and for you late qualifiers.

If you are on the edge about joining this race feel free to join in for some practice.

I've been encouraged enough to make a last minute registration. I just spent approx. 7 laps between two cars and I couldn't stop smiling thinking about how interesting this is going to be.

I will be joining any minute now. Spent an hour earlier putting some time in, but still a bit wobbly.

I've been encouraged enough to make a last minute registration. I just spent approx. 7 laps between two cars and I couldn't stop smiling thinking about how interesting this is going to be.

👍 Just take it slow at any areas you are not sure about, and have some fun! Undoubtedly we will all make some mistakes, so don't worry too much about it :)

I completely and entirely forgot I can't gift that car to myself; good grief. I usually send cars over from my main account, And I surely have nowhere near 20mil on my GTP one.

Well this is heart-breaking.

Damn, anyone have a spare '66 ticket to send? Or Revoy, you got a '66 ticket on your main? If so you can just loop it round until you get the jag.

Edit: Also, Jon are you wanting to quali? If so, feel free to join the lounge and we will watch you quali.

I completely and entirely forgot I can't gift that car to myself; good grief. I usually send cars over from my main account, And I surely have nowhere near 20mil on my GTP one.

Well this is heart-breaking.

We will try and get you a 67 or a 66 ticket sent over, do you know how to dupe the ticket so u can re use it if you dont get the car you want?

Back