GTP WTAC Week 07 : Greystoke !

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTP WTAC Week 07 : Greystoke !

Hi guys ! GTP WTAC Week 07 : Greystoke ! With what we learned thanks to the combo Clio-Motorland, I guess those beasts won't be a problem at all ;) !

1. Track: Deep Forest - Reverse

picture.php

2. Cars : BMW M3 GTR '03 AND BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge : you'll have to run with both cars, ranking will be made thanks to your combined times (Stock + Race). You can't run only one of them...

--------------------

3. Cars specifics:

BMW M3 GTR '03 :

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

-----

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jun 28th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jul 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post 2 pack Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jul 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. Leader Boards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Good luck !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I did 3 laps for each car to try.

M3 GTR Race Car : 1.18.339
M3 GTR :1.26.329

at the end of the track was allowed to ride on the concrete blank?

That was what I was wondering. The concrete blank you are talking about is the concrete that has been paved on the inside of the corner coming out of the last tunnel section.

I would say no, because you are cutting the designated race track (designated by the white lines and ripple strips). So at least until we get some clarification from easyasashii, I think its best we avoid using that concrete blank for your clean laps.

I did 3 laps for each car to try.

M3 GTR Race Car : 1.18.339
M3 GTR :1.26.329

Something to aim at first ;) !

That was what I was wondering. The concrete blank you are talking about is the concrete that has been paved on the inside of the corner coming out of the last tunnel section.

I would say no, because you are cutting the designated race track (designated by the white lines and ripple strips). So at least until we get some clarification from easyasashii, I think its best we avoid using that concrete blank for your clean laps.

You're right Lion-Face, the K-L corner with blank concrete outside the ripple strips isn't considered as track, so try to keep at least two tires on TARMAC there.

Moreover, -if my memory's good :scared:- if it's K corner's outside, it is L corner's inside so, as great drivers you are all, keep at least two tires on tarmac all the time for K-L, ok ? Thanks !

Good luck !!!

Hope you'll enjoy this one ;) !

Last edited:
I really like these cars... BMW M3s (GTR even Race Car) are my favorites :) Moreover i thing i'm getting much better, because i hit pretty good time yesterday with GTR (at least in my opinion and thats why i keep it secret :-P at least for now). Luckily i set quite good car settings on second or third attempt 👍 Let's see what time i can hit with race car :) yaaay. Good luck racers :cheers:

My son is off to a Tennis camp for a few days and he has entrusted me to take care of his PSP. I spent at least an hour running laps and got a preliminary time of 1'26.4xx for the street GTR and 1'16.6xx for the race GTR. Since I rarely have time to play on his PSP, I might not do any more laps tonight so I can play some of the other games I miss so much. I'll definitely race around Deep Forest tomorrow night though!

1.26.5xx stock..

but it's not a beginning for me. i got tat time after many runs. :indiff:

to be truth : i run many laps too :)

i give a push to the race car :

1.16.0xx race
1.26.0xx stock
-------------
2.42.xxx

hey frisbee where are you...

Last edited:
Well as i see again... everyone's times are improving but mine not so well. So it won't be so amazing this week exactly as i expected :) Moreover today i had a HUGE migraine seizure so today i can't improve my times which at this moment are:
GTR: 1'26,751
GTR Race Car: 1'17,533

Hi guys I am back,after moving and settle up all the documents for travel,university and work issues I finally get everything into works,been busy like 4 moths but finally settle down and I can participate again my times:

- BMW M3 GTR Race Car(R1/R1) 1'17.408
- BMW M3 GTR '03 (S2/S2) 1'27.345

and BTW,Can I update my times after posting them(the replays can be updated?)or is just one definitive post for the contest?

I don't think theres any issue with posting a submission, and then re-submitting again before the deadline. The only disadvantage to that is someone can download your ghost, load it onto their PSP and race against it, get tips/driving lines and use it to improve their own time.

My setup for the BMW M3 GTR '03 currently is...

Ride Height 0/0
Spring Rate 7/6
Damper 4/3
Toe 0/0
Camber 2.0/1.0

Work in progress, maybe a few tweaks here or there, but is quite a balanced setup which handles the key corners with good speed.

I would recommend in trails like this one where you have to post a combo time. Run the slower car, and slower car only for as long as you can until you feel you have nailed a fast lap. All the experience you get from driving the slower car around the track will help you get a faster time much quicker in the faster car. If you keep hopping from car to car, you will only see small improvements if any as you have to give yourself a number of laps to re-adjust yourself to the speed of the car.

I haven't raced the M3 Race car yet, and probably won't until the last or 2nd to last day.

while driving the forest, i see i need to push break more to get correct line.

but it's just the most hard stuff. :dopey:

stock 1.26.5
race 1.16.9

New times (and improvements) from me last night...

stock GTR: 1'25.8xx

race GTR: 1'15.9xx

...but I'm pretty close to being maxed out. I may be able to knock a couple of tenths off my times if I run a nearly perfect lap (not likely). I think these times might be pretty close to my final submissions - I'm nearly at my 'wall'.

Hi guys ! Bad news for me, due the accident I was in last weekend -some of you already knew-, I have some "post traumatic reactions" : one eye went blind for one day and half (very scary !) and still have some pain in the neck (playing with the head down looking at the psp doesn't do me good). I have to go to Hongkong for the whole week-end and maybe more to do some more MRI -neck and brain- again...

I only ran the stock, I'm down to 1'24.956 but because I didn't run the Race and I might not have the time to, I guess I'll have to pass on this one.

A shame knowing that the point ranking system will start with this challenge -> I'll have even more work to do with next challenges ;) ! Week 08 : Grand Valley Speedway -hope I'll be fine to be able to run this one, wish me luck !- !

Good luck with this challenge, try to run amazing times for me ;) !

:cheers:

hi easy !

May you get your health back as soon as possible ! :cheers:

To be fair:

Maybe we change the rule and its possible to run one car or both ? so easy great time is in. if all agree ! ;) and if ok for you for shure !

Name / agree / disagree

Fuchur...X

can t do much more with this stock car...:scared: 15.8xx with race ( i like this one much more)

see y on monday

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your continued injuries, Easy... I hope you heal quickly and with minimum discomfort. Let me know if you need anything, ok?

As for Fuchur's suggestion, I don't mind either way. It's easyasashii's call as far as I'm concerned! :)

I saw a modest improvement with the race GTR: 1'15.6xx

hi guys,7:00 am Sunday JST, I will post my results before i get busy and cant post,here it goes:

BMW M3 GTR '03 1'26.189 S2/S2
BMW M3 GTR Race car '01 1'17.181 R1/R1

Sorry for not posting photo, I will do that when I find cellphone,the damn thing just go lost and no one call on Sundays.

easyasashii I hope you recover very soon,and hope see you racing again very soon again :cheers:

Edit:if you guys could give me the dead line,I got a bit loose on timing since I move from the my current time zone and I don't remember the time line for GMT,if you guys can give it to me I will be very orientated and on right time for the next contest in Grand Valley :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE00.zip
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE01.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
cfile10.uf@1528490E4C3071D026C65A.jpg

BMW M3 GTR '03

1'25.393

S2/S2
TCS 5
ASM 0
Professional

Download Replay

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01

1'14.618

R1/R1
TCS 3
ASM 0
Professional

Download Replay

========================================

Hi! this posting is my first posting in gtplanet :D

I like race! so I always have psp and play the Granturismo Portable

This replay file is made in PSP granturismo ver. asia(kor)

My english is not good, sorry :(

Have a good time!

Last edited:
hi friends

i cant watch akiraace s replay

maybe because ucus-file not uces ? i try around a little and find i cant watch detroit s replay last event to lion s was ok ? what to do ? any idea ?

Good news :D !

I started at the beginning of the week with two 🤬 chinese doctors who told me they think I might have something wrong, heard some words you don't want hear -ever- (I'm 29 years old by the way) to three excellent HongKongese doctors who told me that everything is fine and explained + proved me why ! Nothing major ! Neck is now ok thanks to accupuncture with "mini swords" not needles and all-body-massage -neck problems were in fact an echo of my wrists' first injury -once the wrists ok, elbows ok, shoulders ok, neck ok !-.

The eye that went blind may be due to a stress trauma, they don't really know why and nothing we can do if it only happened once and was already over this weekend... We check for diabetes, nothing. They told me I shouldn't worry, it should have been a late response from the body to an emotional stress... I thought I had to share this with you because it is very scary not to be able to see with one eye ! And I didn't know it could have been a diabetes symptom... I really hope you won't ever experience it in your life but just in case : one eye went blind -> don't worry and check for diabetes too !

And I have to stay three days at home to relax ! -> I will play tomorrow a little -I asked, it's ok but have to lay down and stop if there any pain or eye problem !-, and I will post times ! ;) !

So thank you very much for the kind words, they did and do help !
Thank you guys 👍.

:cheers:
Maybe we change the rule and its possible to run one car or both ?

All suggestions are welcome ! This challenge is a test : I would like to know what you think about it !

This format is inspired by what Glubags did in season 3, we had a choice : only race OR stock / or Both, for 5 weeks in a row. I loved running both cars in a week and even if we had the choice, most of us ran both cars.

So this week was a test for you guys, when it is over you'll tell me what you think about this kind of format and if you would be ok to have this kind of format once in a while ;) !

and BTW,Can I update my times after posting them(the replays can be updated?)or is just one definitive post for the contest?

Yes you can : you can post whenever you want and update it/them -in a NEW message- before deadline, I'll consider the most recent one(s) as submission times !

About deadline :

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post 2 pack Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jul 5th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

If you want to know your GMT : http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/, I'll let you do the maths ;) !

[KOR]Adrine;3923297

WELCOME :cheers: !!!

Small problem though, I can't download your replay so could you please try to upload it again in a diffrent way please ?

And could you also record your laps and upload them to youtube or dailymotion please ?

Because, if I'm not wrong, there are the US version, the EUR version and the KOR/JPN version (we've got UCUS for US, UCES for EUR and you ???)... I think I will be able to find a KOR version around here but not soon enough so it might be difficult for me to check your replays...

i cant watch akiraace s replay maybe because ucus-file not uces ?

Exactly, UCES can't watch UCUS and vice-versa I assume ! I usually go to see my friends who have a US version of the game to check the replays and when I can't, I'm lucky to have generous friends who agreed to help me review the replays ;)👍 .

If you want to review US version, you'll have to buy a US copy of the game... I tried to but my visa doesn't work at the PSN Store, maybe because my Credit Card is registered in France while my US PSN Store Account has an american address and my IP is in China !...

Oh...my...god. :drool:
I think i'll pass this challenge. Maybe next week. :sly:

Really ???.... Well, next week would be easier if you run this one... we're working on oversteering problems with week 06-07-08... It's up to you !

I'm very happy to be back on the track :mischievous:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back