easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTP WTAC Week 09 : Assisi !

1. Track : Città di Aria - Reverse

picture.php

2. Cars : Ford Focus Rally Car '99 vs Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 (NB : you'll may chose which one you'll compete with or even compete with both !)

IMPORTANT ! This is a "VS" challenge : only ONE laptime is needed for the points ranking system, which means that if you run both cars, both laptimes will be in the leaderboards but only one -the best- will be used for the points ranking !

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jul 12th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jul 19th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jul 19th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you, because it is an urban track : the track border is the limit of the usable track, don't worry about rumble strips just make sure you don't touch any wall ! Not a single sparkle allowed !

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Division and Points Ranking at the beginning of the week :

DIV 1

Gold. Lion-Face (24 pts)
Silver. easyasashii (19 pts)
Bronze. Fuchur (19 pts)

DIV 2.

Gold. Detroitbb (18 pts)
Silver. Awaren (7 pts)
Bronze. Frisbee

Good luck !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Of course ;) ! And if you guys could explain your guesses, it would be perfect !

isissa -> assisi is the town in province of Perugia in Italy
so i think it will be Citta di Aria reverse because this track should give feeling of driving through an old Italian town

Excellent 👍 !

I know most people doesn't really like Citta di Aria -too much walls !- but I hope you'll enjoy this challenge : "slow but sure" (slowly but surely ???) !

We'll have to be slow at first to master these corners, make sure we know the car(s) and the track before pushing the limits ! I wasn't a fan at first -too much frustration when you thought everything was ok and then you see a tiny 🤬 sparkle in a corner- but when I tried the Reverse version, I liked it better and I really think that if it will be hard on our nerves it will be a great practice ! And once we run a perfect lap, we'll feel very proud and excited !!!

Seeing that the enzo is at Citta di Aria in the demo, I wanted to use this car in this track but no way, it would have been madness ! Then I remembered a TT challenge with the Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Rally Car '92 at Citta di Aria and started to look for rally cars : here are the cars !

And I think we'll have a rally challenge for week 10 ! I'm not a fan of the Rally in GT but once in a while could be fun ;) ! I'll give you details next week !

Well, I'm heading back to Grand Valley Speedway, I haven't really started yet...

Last edited:
Details updated !!!

Both cars should be -almost- equally fast, I would say the Ford is easier to handle and you shouldn't hit/touch as many walls as you might with the Peugeot. I ran both today, I was slightly faster with the Peugeot (-0'00.2xx) but it was easier to have clean laps with the Ford...

This week should be more about trying to run perfects laps than fast laps at first... Don't rush !

Good luck WTACers !!!

:gtpflag:

Great track selection! Most people would never choose it because it is so difficult (due to the road being so skinny), but I like using cars/tracks that are different!

Yay!

awesome this shall be my first one =]

Welcome 👍 !!!

for me looks interesting too 👍

1.39.xxx clean one with the ford :)

as a beginning... 30 laps

I think you'll be very proud of you by the end of the challenge ;) ! Keep on the good job and you'll be getting one second faster everyday !

Good luck everyone !

I think you'll be very proud of you by the end of the challenge ;) ! Keep on the good job and you'll be getting one second faster everyday !

:cheers:

1.38.0xx ford focus , l- f tuning , ridehigh -10/-10

i like to run only one car... wich is faster one ? any experiance like easy?

Fuchur

Well both cars have their flaws,...the one is French and the other is an American car.

Ford, Peugeot =/= Quality, Safety

:lol:

---

I might participate in this, i hope i won't be last this time! ;)

My tuning so far.....

Downforce Max/Max
Ride Height -20/-15
Springs 6/5
Damper 4/4
Toe +0.05/-0.10
Camber 0/0

Makes the car a little loose but responds better to quick turns and better corner speeds. Just watch the exit of some of those corners as the camber of the road can easily push you into a wall...

I haven't put much testing into it so far, still early days, but may give you something to play with if you feel the setup could be better. Work in progress, although I feel that those settings will be what I end up with, as a quick time here is about putting in the laps and a little bit of luck :)

EDIT: With the Ford Focus.

1.38.0xx ford focus , l- f tuning , ridehigh -10/-10

If I think by the end the Ford will be faster, I'll try to make the Peugeot pride ! You have to work harder Fuchur... Good luck !

My tuning so far.....

Downforce Max/Max
Ride Height -20/-15
Springs 6/5
Damper 4/4
Toe +0.05/-0.10
Camber 0/0

[...]

Work in progress, although I feel that those settings will be what I end up with, as a quick time here is about putting in the laps and a little bit of luck :)

EDIT: With the Ford Focus.

Thanks for your tuning ! I'm looking forward to your Peugeot tuning :D !

And I do agree : skills and luck will be needed to run a fast lap ;) !

hi,

here my second for today :) 1.37.0xx like your device, easy

i change to your tuning lion face , maybe we can discuss about the changes from now ? sometimes i feel the heck a little to wild..
but over all i feel good with that..

good to check replays often because of the sparkling

my splits are 25.xx and 55.xx never see a 4 until now..

the left right corner on top of the hill last sector ... 3 gear is faster i think

good luck !

I've been little busy last few days so i didn't even drive one clean lap... Only few minutes of practice on the beggining of the week... BUT today i swear i'll drive with full effort :) Look forward on my times and be ready to be left behind ;) (Don't worry i'm not serious :cheers: )

Last edited:
BUT today i swear i'll drive with full effort :) Look forward on my times and be ready to be left behind ;)

👍 ! Good luck !

(Don't worry i'm not serious :cheers: )

Who knows ?!!? As you said, this is a tricky one, you'll have to put lap after lap and try to run clean laps and if you're too fast... Sparkle !

I have a great clean lap with the Peugeot since the begining of the week but can't go faster+clean !!! So frustrating !... Especially when you know that someone else is getting faster and faster... ;) !

Hi guys ! I finally updated Week 08's results and I'm going to update the website as well ! Just to remind you the Division and Points ranking :

Division and Points Ranking :

DIV 1

Gold. Lion-Face (24 pts)
Silver. easyasashii (19 pts)
Bronze. Fuchur (19 pts)

DIV 2.

Gold. Detroitbb (18 pts)
Silver. Awaren (7 pts)
Bronze. Frisbee

Good luck guys !

Last edited:
hi friends !

maybe from today my steps little less than one second ;) 1.36.1.xx

now i see sometimes a 24.x and little more 54´s

hey lion face .. i change the ride high to -20/-16 that feels good

:cheers: Fuchur

I have a great clean lap with the Peugeot since the begining of the week but can't go faster+clean !!! So frustrating !... Especially when you know that someone else is getting faster and faster... ;) !

My whole yesterday driving session was frustrating... It was like: "Yay... Finally... I have a pretty good time." :dopey: and then watch the replays and it changes onto something like "OMFKG SPARKLES!!!" :nervous:

I'm starting to lose patience...

Unbelievable !!! corner...:banghead:..... corner exit...:banghead:.... Straights :banghead: :confused:... 🤬 sparkles...

Its tough to get a good clean lap on this course but I am enjoying the challenge. Not really raced this course before only completed a handful of laps on the forward circuit and wasn't really a fan of the track as it was so narrow and so easy to run wide or miss a braking point with no margin for error.

However but after spending a few hours or so on on the track and experimenting with the focus setup I must say I have become a fan.

Its a track with no room for mistakes especially in the first two sectors. Started off the week in 1.37s and 1.38 after a few days was able to do low 1.36s and 1.35s.

Best time to date is a 134.775 :) which I managed to get last night and seems clean when I checked the replay although through a few corners I had to have just been a few millimetres from the walls. Not been able to get a better time yet but have been within a tenth on a few occasions. There should still be a few tenths to gain in the final sector yet hopefully.

I'll get my first taste of this challenge tonight (yay!). My goal is to not finish in last place this week. It'll be a tough one for me!

I'll get my first taste of this challenge tonight (yay!). My goal is to not finish in last place this week. It'll be a tough one for me!

Good luck ! If it can help : I had a 1'24.534 very early in the week and then waste spent 3 days watching faster laps with beautiful yellow 🤬 sparkles ! I was running with the 206. I hope you'll be lucky enough to have a clean and fast laptime as I had when starting this challenge !

Its tough to get a good clean lap on this course but I am enjoying the challenge. [...] after spending a few hours or so on on the track and experimenting with the focus setup I must say I have become a fan.

Its a track with no room for mistakes especially in the first two sectors. Started off the week in 1.37s and 1.38 after a few days was able to do low 1.36s and 1.35s.

Best time to date is a 134.775 :)

Great time 👍 !

I'm very happy to know that you're enjoying the challenge ! As Detroitbb said most people kinda avoid this track because of its -too- narrow streets ! I wanted to have a challenge there because it is tough but if you have the right car(s), this track becomes interesting and even fun if you're very patient and yellow sparkles don't make you angry at the psp and yourself ;) !

However, I have to say it : please at least double-check your replay like this : chase view from behind + chase view but holding L button to see the front of the car ! I had bad surprise with this chase view from front... I was happy to see a clean lap from rear, saw one yellow sparkle from front... So please remeber to double-check !

Good luck guys !

I decided to deal with this challenge with my own way :) I ran this track only slowly to be sure that no sparkles will appear on the replay... So my time is 1'55.291 and i did it only to be qualified for division ranking and not to lose too much points (like my dumb mistake on deep forrest)

Back