GTP WTAC Week 101 : red ice's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 78 comments
GTP WTAC Week 101: red ice's Choice

*** This car combo was chosen by one of our most respected veterans - red ice! It is an 'Initial D' faceoff using S1 tires and should challenge for all of us! Thank you for everything, red! ***

1. Track : Trial Mountain (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Mazda RX-7 GT-X (J) '90 & Toyota Sprinter TRUENO (S.Shigeno Version)

ztxm5k.jpg
l
2mzedj5.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S1 / S1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday April 23rd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday April 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday April 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Antares26####40
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)31
3rd #l-l Awaren#####.l20#
small_up_arrow.gif

5th #l-l zipiol#######.19###(tied for 5th)
5th #l-l easyasashii##&l19#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 5th)
6th #l-l vaughan####$l16#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l MVR08######7l7
8th #l-l red ice#######3

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
1'47.8xx with the RX-7.

1'47.4xx with the AE86.

I did some light-to-moderate tuning with both cars to get those times. Oh... and a lot of counter-steering too!

Tried running both cars again on stock, surprisingly these cars are not so twitchy even with S1 tires.

1'47.9xx ~ Tofu machine
1'48.4xx ~ RX-7 FC

I might start to do some tuning with these cars, the track is a fun combo with the cars. 👍

2'10.xxx hachi roku
2'15.xxx fc

i use trial mountain to test cars especially when i need my absolute test of skill.as a driver.

i know dbb and easy all know the ins and outs of trial mountain and i want to see these 2 guys win it this week! i'm serious!

of course, antares, and mvr are top placers each week but i want to see the veterans slug it out.

next month, May and June, is important for france, europe ...tour de france, french open and euro 2012.

im looking at you, easy! lol. and dont worry im recovering and you'll have the interview finally.

1'50.xxx 86
1'50.xxx FC

yosh!!!

Found the mazda too, only 10 days after, surprised :embarrassed:
nice!! have fun racing at trial
:)

Tried running both cars again on stock, surprisingly these cars are not so twitchy even with S1 tires.
Yes. This is Sports Hard and we are only using a little bit of 200HP so I'm sure everybody can have fun testing their limits this week.
Nothing too flashy, or fancy. Just pure driving fun!

Last edited:
I assure you Red, that's really fun! I hope you recover from the injury as fast as possible :)

Gave both cars a go, at stock:
1'46.7xx with the Mazda after 7 laps, I'm surpsingly happy with the lap but there is more ofcourse
1'46.8xx with the Toyota after a single lap, both cars have close physics to each other, so it wasn't difficult to get this :sly:

might have to try this tonight if I can get my hands the cars. I charged up my PSP yesterday. Since I seem to be hanging around GTP again Ill keep an eye on the TAC forums and participate when I can

Did another set of single laps with both cars today, still on stock settings as I wanted to know more of how the car handles before attempting to set it up. I've been quite busy this week and I'm not sure I could do runs until Saturday or Sunday.

Tofu ~ 1'46.511
RX7 ~1'46.224

I think the times for this week would be either in the mid or low 45's. This is truly a veterans track, and how good you are at driving cars that are tail happy will be a key factor for this challenge. Everyone's gonna be close. 👍

might have to try this tonight if I can get my hands the cars. I charged up my PSP yesterday. Since I seem to be hanging around GTP again Ill keep an eye on the TAC forums and participate when I can

Welcome to the WTAC, 194GVan!

We'd love to have you join... feel free to ask any questions regarding rules, photo/ghost replay submissions, etc. - we're here to help!

Thanks, I will save a replay/ghost this evening and make sure I can find it on my memory card, I think I can figure out how to attach it lol.

2 very busy weeks ahead, I'll just run some laps and submit just for the points ;)

I think I'll do the same for next weeks, because of Mass Effect 2 and 3 and newly purchased PS2 (GT3 and 4 + some other big titles:scared:)

but this week's cars and track seem fun though! ;)

I finally got the proper AE86 about a minute before I had to stop playing yesterday. Hope to start running some laps tonight and also pick up the FC.

Did a setting test with the Trueno, and got a 1'45.204 in one lap, I'm gonna try and aim for mid to low 44's in this car once I get the settings dialed in, I still had a few oversteer incidents on that lap. I'm not sure how I'll do with the FC though, the gears are too short compared to the 86.

Bad luck, I broken my nail from my right thumb and now I can't accelerate and brake with so much comfort.

Latest Posts

Back