GTP WTAC Week 102: Petrohead1's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 46 comments
GTP WTAC Week 102: Petrolhead1's Choice

*** Petrolhead1 chose these two Skyline's for Week 102. I though about choosing S1 tires for the 1962 Skyline and S3 tire for the GT-R SpecV, but finally settled on something easier to remember - S2 tires for both cars. Come join us is test driving the oldest and newest Skylines in the game! ***

1. Track : Suzuka Circuit

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 & Nissan Skyline Sports Coupe (BLRA-3) '62

17rdsl.jpg
l
6i76e8.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday April 30th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 7th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Last edited:
Skyline GT-R SpecV on S2s. :eek: I like a challenge

The Nissan Skyline is my favourite car ever. Thank you PD 👍

Last edited:
S2 tires are good, but could prove quite troublesome with the R35. Nonetheless, the car choice is very nice. 👍

I loved Jeremy Clarkson's review of the R35, it was so funny and it somehow showed what the GTR was made for, a cornering machine. Can't wait to see how the old Prince handles, though. 👍

Hm... is there any difference between the Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 and the Nissan GT-R SpecV (SP Model) '09 that you can get from the PSNetwork?

special model is the same. as featured in the final scene in gtpsp's intro movie.
r35 vs zr1 @ the ring

I'm loving this challenge, the R35 only suffers from understeer with these tires. I think setups could counter this disadvantage.

Nissan GT-R Spec-V '09 ~ 2'13.925 (Stock)

im too far behind!!! lol!
need to practice a little bit more. Doctor says my heart is all healthy and I shouldn't be afraid and try to get back normally.
Man!! having a big tube and long cable attached with a camera scouting my heart for 15minutes is really unpleasant.
My starting time with the R35:
2'30.xxx!!! lol!

Newer times with the R35:
2'12.1xx

The GTR is not a good fit with S2 tires, no matter how challenging it looks, it just doesn't feel like a GTR. One thing is sure though, you'll definitely need to find settings that suit your driving style, I spent more time setting up than running a lap because I always go off course at either Degner or 130R. I don't think I'll go farther from that time, though.

I've been tired with school over the last days, but I will be able to buy the skyline and compete 👍

My early times:
Skyline '09 - 2'29.xxx
Skyline '62 - 2'56.xxx

:)

The old one time will be pretty much my final time...
But from the new one I think I can squeeze some better times ;)

Finally did some lap with the RA-3 and would probably not do another set, as fun and enjoyable the car was to drive, a whole lap felt too long, and I can say I've done everything I could with the old Prince...

2'53.xxx

Maybe we should go with a Japanese Kei car battle at la Sarte next! Ha ha ha! I'd enjoy that, but I suspect most people wouldn't!
I guess this week gives us a pretty good glimpse of how that challenge is going to feel should it happen. :crazy:

Last edited:
WTAC COMPETITORS: Please carefully review your replays because we'll be checking them closely to make sure nobody cuts any corners (especially at the Degner Curve and the Casio Triangle). Thank you and good luck!

Gah! I had to redo my final lap with the GTR and settle for a slower one because of the Casio Triangle. Might try to do better for the official submission.

It's so tempting to just steer all the way in in the final chicanes that you don't realize you've cut the whole corner already.

Casio Triangle

I've had to reject more submissions on those two corners than on any other track* - that's why I mentioned it again, because I know there would be a some unless I gave a extra warnings! It sort of reminds me of the last bit of Circuit de la Sarthe.

*I've even had one of my submissions disallowed for cutting the Casio Triangle too closely at Suzuka!

It sort of reminds me of the last bit of Circuit de la Sarthe.

Le Mans' last bit is always the most tense moment of a lap, you've been attacking every single corner in the circuit, then you come to the final stretch and then you over-attacked and went all the way over the final chicane. :banghead: Then you have to do the whole thing again...

You really feel the pressure for a clean lap in these circuits.

Le Mans' last bit is always the most tense moment of a lap, you've been attacking every single corner in the circuit, then you come to the final stretch and then you over-attacked and went all the way over the final chicane. :banghead: Then you have to do the whole thing again...

You really feel the pressure for a clean lap in these circuits.

The last section of Nurburgring (after the long straight) also makes me nervous in much the same way!

The last section of Nurburgring (after the long straight) also makes me nervous in much the same way!

Me too, I always push hard beyond Dottinger then only brake after coming in the right-hand turn after the steep downhill slope.

Dammit, my battery died. I guess I'll miss the deadline. :(

Welcome!

:)

You could always recharge your battery and then get a head-start on next week's challenge (Week 103). I just posted the two tracks that we need to run with the one car that was selected.

👍

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09: 2'13.201

2lng7df.jpg

Nissan Skyline Sports Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 2'52.610

v8jtqh.jpg

combined time: 5'05.811

*Next week is anatasis14's challenge: one car on two tracks! Come join us!

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 38
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 37
First of all, I'm going to tell you that I'll try to go on with only stock cars, unless the cars we drive that week are not drivable at all :).
I have started it from this week!
Have you ever get the feeling that you have hit the PERFECT lap?
I got it when i managed a high 2:51 in the 62' skyline :D. Less than a tenth I can get from there so I'm not touching it anymore.
On to the Nissan, I've felt so much understeer, but I'm not gonna do any tuning move. I've managed a med 2:12, but there is 1 second to be found in the PERFECT lap I mentioned above :sly:

Nissan GT-R SpecV (SP Model) '09: 2'14.517

Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 2'55.655

Total: 5'10.172

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    60.5 KB · Views: 37
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E704.zip
    59.3 KB · Views: 37
Back