GTP WTAC Week 102: Petrohead1's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 46 comments
Have you ever get the feeling that you have hit the PERFECT lap?

I haven't ever experienced a 'perfect' lap, but I have gotten close once before (and it happened in a WTAC event: Week 16) - it was at Trial Mountain reverse and the car was the 1990 Lotus Carlton (using S2 tires).

Have you ever get the feeling that you have hit the PERFECT lap?

I don't really believe in having a perfect lap, there's always room for improvement, but if I could name one, I'd say Week 98. Winning it was just so satisfying because I really did do everything I could with it.

Last edited:
In case I could:

Nissan GT-R SpecV (SP Model) '09: 2'17.813

scaled.php

Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 2'56.207

scaled.php

Total: 5'14.020

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    65.1 KB · Views: 36
I think this could be considered, what we're checking for is the cleanliness of the lap. If I can ask though, do these replay save have multiple laps done?

I did my lap with the GTR some days ago, it was stock, I didn't even had it in favorites so there was room to improve.

Sunday night I wanted to do a 2'09.xxx lap as my definitive time but my PSP malfuntioning made it impossible. I was on pace to reach my desired time countless of times but the PSP always screw me up at one point or another.

I was so pissed, but turned to iRacing to do a race at Lime Rock Park in the Mazda MX5 (A favorite combo of mine) and had a very weird race with evreybody crashing or going off track at one point. I started second but a couple of laps in I went off track and felt to fourth position, but I passed both later on and was second, seven seconds off the leader, and with only three laps to go the leader went off track, and the car behind me that was very close also went off track and crashed, so I won that rare race. Very funny, I mean, it was a top split race and the fast guys don't make mistakes very often, and watching all of them in the same race do it :drool::dopey::crazy:

Then I switched to the classic Skyline. What can I say about this car? well.. it can take 130R flatout unlike the GTR:sly: but it was interesting and tense, even more than the GTR, fighting to keep the car up to speed and being smooth with my broken PSP ready to make his move to ruin my lap:nervous:

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09: 2'11.029
screen2te.png

Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 2'50.262
screen1ze.png

Total: 5'01.291
👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    106 KB · Views: 39
Honestly, this week was a mess for me, I disliked the GTR from the get-go, did a run with the Skyline on the wrong tires (S3 instead of S2) so I had to do it all over again. After seeing MVR's monster times, I knew it was time to stop trying so hard. :crazy:

Anyway....

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09: 2'11.559
snap027.jpg

Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62: 2'51.687
snap029.jpg

Overall Combined Time: 5'03.246

I could actually care less about how I fare this week, and I'm glad it's finally over. Winning was always of no concern, but my initial dislike towards the GTR went on for the whole week, I could have pushed more, but the frustrations from everything just didn't help. 👎 for me here.

Attachments

• Ghost102_Antares.rar
    111.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I'm sorry i'm lil' bit late... :) i "overslept" after yesterday night shift...
So my times this week was:

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
2:15,160

nissangtrspecv.jpg

Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
2:54,890

oldskyline.jpg

So my combined times are: 5:10,050

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E700.rar
    52.7 KB · Views: 35
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E702.rar
    52.9 KB · Views: 35
Congratulations to MVR08! He took home the gold by almost two full seconds. Pretty impressive times, MVR!

Putting in another good effort was Antares26. Finishing about two and a half seconds ahead of 3rd place is a fine showing and I salute you! Keep it up!

Awaren and sidtiroler both had a close competition for 4th place. Only about a tenth of a second divided these two racers... that's close!

Even though zipiol finished in 6th place, he knows the way to the podium is to amass points each and every week. He used this strategy to great effect in the last full racing session and it netted him a third place in the overall standings. He knows what he's doing!

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (5'01.291)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Antares26## (5'03.246)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb### (5'05.811)###[6 pts]

### 4th - Awaren###% (5'10.050)###[5 pts]

### 5th - sidtiroler###ll (5'10.172)###[4 pts]

### 6th - zipiol#####7l (5'14.020)###[3 pts]

*Honorable mentions go out to anastasis14, noobdrifter821, Petrolhead1, red ice, easyasashii, and vaughan.

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l8
2nd #-l Antares26####7
3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)6
4th #l-l Awaren#####.l5
5th #l-l sidtiroler####.ll4
6th #l-l zipiol#######.3

:gtpflag:

What about if I film it with my camera? Is that possible too?

No, we need the actual ghost replay file so I, or one of my helpers, can watch the replay (with all the camera angles and views) to make sure the laps are 'clean' - meaning that no corners were cut. But it has to be the ghost replay file and not a regular replay file (the ghost replay file is the red button furthest to the right-hand side and only records the fastest lap). If you can't make a RAR file, you still make it a ZIP file and upload that.

welcome to wtac!!!
Valencianista ! :)

I am sensing that MVR is out to take the session. I want to see how this one would turn out. Good luck guys!

Back