GTP WTAC Week 103: anastasis14's Choice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 80 comments
GTP WTAC Week 103: anastasis14's Choice

*** anastasis14 choose somthing that we haven't done in a while in the WTAC - one car on two separte tracks! He chose a 1999 Peugeot 206 S16... a model that was in production from 1999 until 2004 and was sometimes sold as the GTi. We'll still be submitting two times: so make sure to run laps on both tracks for your submission to be accepted! ***

1. Tracks : Laguna Seca & Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo

picture.php

222222.jpg

2. Car : Peugeot 206 S16 '99

23k2og8.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both tracks; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 7th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 14th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l8
2nd #-l Antares26####7
3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)6
4th #l-l Awaren#####.l5
5th #l-l sidtiroler####.ll4
6th #l-l zipiol#######.3

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Wow, we must be on a track day theme here, these two circuits are nice. I can't wait to get started on this challenge. I remember the 206 being my favorite rally car in GT3's Arcade Mode 👍

OMG I expected RC version instead of this regular (less powerful)... :/
I hate this car - its ugly because of it one and only tangerine colour... :/

I raced both tracks last night and had a lot of fun. In fact, I had a lot more fun than I thought I would! This is going to be another very enjoyable week!

Laguna Seca: 1'52.280

Valenciana: 2'06.302

My first set of times:

Laguna Seca: 1:50,319
Valenciana: 2:06,688

I'm quite satisfied with my time on Laguna Seca, but still need to do some improvements on VaLenciana :gtpflag:

First set of times for me (Anta'speed starter FF settings)
Laguna Seca ~ 1'49.601 (After 3 laps)
Valencia ~ 2'05.141 (After 2 laps)

It's actually the first time I've played GTPSP for this week's challenge and I probably won't be touching these times again until the weekends since I've found myself loving Gods Eater Burst which I just got yesterday. Nonetheless, I can still see quite a lot of room for improvement on both tracks, though I'm not sure on which time range I'll be landing on. Great times Dbb and Awaren, it's gonna be close! 👍

Instead of using WinRar, can I film it with my camera and then post it here?

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too:

"No, we need the actual ghost replay file so I, or one of my helpers, can watch the replay (with all the camera angles and views) to make sure the laps are 'clean' - meaning that no corners were cut. But it has to be the ghost replay file and not a regular replay file (the ghost replay file is the red button furthest to the right-hand side and only records the fastest lap). If you can't make a RAR file, you still make it a ZIP file and upload that."

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too:

"No, we need the actual ghost replay file so I, or one of my helpers, can watch the replay (with all the camera angles and views) to make sure the laps are 'clean' - meaning that no corners were cut. But it has to be the ghost replay file and not a regular replay file (the ghost replay file is the red button furthest to the right-hand side and only records the fastest lap). If you can't make a RAR file, you still make it a ZIP file and upload that."
Ok, thank you!

First time for Laguna Seca : 1:51.616

Despite being a bit slow on the uphill bits, the 206 handles really well through the Corkscrew, which is one of my favourite corners. That's VERY high praise coming from someone who doesn't like French cars.:) I'll have a go at improving that time, then have a go on Valenciana:sly:

Hi everyone,
Although not a new member (I found the site a few years ago when I first bought GT) I never really played it much.

Anyway, I started a new game today and managed to buy the 206. I won't really have time to enter this week but will try next week if I can buy the car in time.

I've had a go on Laguna Seca and managed a time of 1:52:928 so far.

I'm still a noob really, but I'll keep practicing and try and enter next week!

*edit* managed to get it down to 1:50:917

Last edited:
Welcome, danielmacgregor!

We'd love to have you join the WTAC. We've also had a number of new competitors over the past few weeks, so you'll be in good company and shouldn't feel like 'the new guy'.

:)

Feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have - we're all here to help one another!

We've got two new competitors in a single week, this is great! The WTAC's still alive!

:gtpflag: Welcome to the WTAC danielmacgregor! :gtpflag:

Just like Dbb said, feel free to ask questions you might have, everyone will gladly help you with it. :) 👍

Newer times...

Laguna Seca ~ 1'49.1xx
Valenciana ~ 2'04.3xx

Having run Laguna Seca in a previous challenge (MVR's DTM Challenge), I just had to get used to how the car handled on the track, which was quite amazing for an old FF car. Valenciana was a different story though, this week was actually the first time I've driven on the track, so I'm not sure how to gauge my times.

Last edited:
I forgot to save the ghost, now I have to race the tracks all over again. :banghead: Stupid fault, but maybe I get better times now. :) Sorry if my English is a little bad, but i'm Spanish. ;)

Last edited:
I forgot to save the ghost, now I have to race the tracks all over again. :banghead: Stupid fault, but maybe I get better times now. :)

That may actually be a blessing in disguise, as you've experienced running the fast laps that you forgot to save, it's really likely to actually end up getting faster times when you redo them. 👍

That actually happened to me a few times in the past, where I get over excited after setting a fast lap that I exit the game too early :sly:

Sorry if my English is a little bad, but i'm Spanish.

Hey your English isn't bad at all, it's actually good! Don't worry about it. 👍

Last edited:
Detroitbb
Welcome, danielmacgregor!

We'd love to have you join the WTAC. We've also had a number of new competitors over the past few weeks, so you'll be in good company and shouldn't feel like 'the new guy'.

:)

Feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have - we're all here to help one another!

Antares26
We've got two new competitors in a single week, this is great! The WTAC's still alive!

:gtpflag: Welcome to the WTAC danielmacgregor! :gtpflag:

Just like Dbb said, feel free to ask questions you might have, everyone will gladly help you with it. :) 👍

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I had a great time this week with the Peugeot 206 on these two excellent tracks! 👍

Laguna Seca: 1'50.218

2z7ivsg.jpg

Valencia: 2'03.374

250nsr9.jpg

combined time: 3'53.592

*Please join us for Week 104 at the Grand Canyon rally track for a classic Lancer vs Impreza battle!

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 37
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BCBA0CF9A00.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 37
I don't know, but I just don't get any good times on Valencia. Maybe it's just the fact that this ciruit was not included in GT4... :-/

Laguna Seca 1'51.159

Valenciana 2'07.006

Total: 3'58.165

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 40
  • UCES01245RPLY-BCBA0CF9A01.zip
    55.1 KB · Views: 37
Any advanced knowledge on which models? I've only got 2 cars so far!

Also do any of you guys drive with manual transmission? For some reason I couldn't get anywhere near my time from yesterday, so I switched to manual and beat it once I got used to it!

Last edited:
Back