Total: 4'00.646

Attachments

• ghosts.rar
    58.7 KB · Views: 36
U've got clearly written under next TAC topic:

Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi Version II ’95

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR ’95

I still don't get it what is the problem ;>

Just found this forum today. Tried to race a couple of laps on laguna seca and I just realize how amateur I am compared to you guys.

Laguna Seca lap time is around 1'58.XXX

Very bad. I'm a newbie setting up the car in the quick tune. :(

Will improve with time. I hope so. :):gtpflag:

nice, WTAC Comunity grows! ;d
don't worry vanzan123, you always can compete with me for Not Last Player title ;d
hahaha xd

I STILL don't know what I'm doing as far as posting ghost replay data and the like are concerned:(!!! Can someone take me from stage 1 PLEASE!?:nervous:

I STILL don't know what I'm doing as far as posting ghost replay data and the like are concerned:(!!! Can someone take me from stage 1 PLEASE!?:nervous:

What do you mean? Taking pictures of the ghost replay data then posting the ghost replay files as a compressed attachment here?

I thought there was more than that :dunce:

Apparently, my zip. files is too big to be uploaded, what do I do?

Last edited:
vanzan123
Just found this forum today. Tried to race a couple of laps on laguna seca and I just realize how amateur I am compared to you guys.

Laguna Seca lap time is around 1'58.XXX

Very bad. I'm a newbie setting up the car in the quick tune. :(

Will improve with time. I hope so. :):gtpflag:

Don't worry, I was only doing 1'58.xxx laps a few days ago!

I'm only a newbie, but what I did was to play single player in the track against the AI, I set it to 10 laps and worked my way up to S class. If you win at S class you'll be good on the track and setting some good times.

Then just jump across to time trail and go from there!

I always thought the Peugeot 206 had potential, and it really does, even with the base model. The car on stock settings feels like the generic FF, the car understeers under acceleration on the high G corners of both Laguna Seca and Valenciana. When I played with the tuning settings though, the car felt like a 4WD, there's incredible stability when cornering but the corner entry needed to be just right, I needed to give the car momentum to drive fast.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ~ 1'47.687
snap028.jpg

The car was a joy to drive in Laguna Seca, given the fact that the car's underpowered, the only real problem I had here was with the first corner, where there were tons of lines to take.

Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo ~ 2'02.934
snap030.jpg

Now driving around Valenciana was a very good learning experience, a low to mid speed course with a series of technical corners. Momentum is everything on this track, brake at the last possible moment, turn in at just the right time to nail the apex and press the accelerator at the earliest point to get the fastest exit speed.

Overall Combined Time: 3'50.621

I really have to commend Detroitbb on his times this week, those times are fast! You're getting faster and faster every week! I was honestly surprised to see your Valenciana lap time, it was faster than what I initially planned to submit. Keep it up! 👍

Attachments

• Ghost103_Antares.rar
    109.3 KB · Views: 36
Well, I've tried, I've got the pics, the files are too 🤬 large to be uploaded.
I GIVE UP! That's it, I'm quitting 🤬 WTAC! I'm sorry, I can't do this, I quit.

Well, I've tried, I've got the pics, the files are too 🤬 large to be uploaded.
I GIVE UP! That's it, I'm quitting 🤬 WTAC! I'm sorry, I can't do this, I quit.

Too early to quit over something like that, let me help. What did you use to take the photos? If you're using CFW, I recommend using a screenshot plugin, that's what I use, and the picture files that I attach here are only about 380kb.

Valencianista
I don't even understand how WinRar works, please, can I just film it?

Dbb had already stated that we need the pictures and the ghost files, it's how the WTAC worked ever since. As for WinRar, if you've already installed it, you just need to select the folders of the save files, right click, and there would be a "Add to Archive..." option of some sort, select that and enter an archive name and click "ok", that's how the .rar files are made.

As for the save files, it will be named like this, this is just an example and not the exact filename...
"UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00" for the North American/NTSC version or..
"ULES98632RPLY-B8337505E00" for the European/PAL versions.)

Too early to quit over something like that, let me help. What did you use to take the photos? If you're using CFW, I recommend using a screenshot plugin, that's what I use, and the picture files that I attach here are only about 380kb.
I don't know anything about this sort of thing, what's CFW?

I take the pictures via camera, stick them on the computer, put them in a ZIP file, and for the public photos, I just edit them on photobucket and post them here

I take the pictures via camera, stick them on the computer, put them in a ZIP file, and for the public photos, I just edit them on photobucket and post them here

CFW is Custom Firmware, meaning your psp uses software that allows it to play games directly from the memory stick.

A camera, huh? I guess it means that the file size setting on the camera is set to large files. Try opening the photos you took on MS paint then saving it (don't do anything else, just open it and save ;) ), it reduces the file size. I once did that with my camera pictures that were at least 2mb and up in size, and after opening and saving it on paint, the size drastically reduced to attachment size.

If you're worried about the resolution, don't. It's alright if you post large photos for this week, you can just adjust the image size for future weeks, I remember anastasis14 having large picture files in the past.

I also use photobucket, although my pictures are small enough to begin with. As for the zip file, keep in mind that its the save files you need to put in the zip files, and not the photos. 👍

It's not that difficult to make photos smaller... just copy your images to your PC and make them smaller... there's many possibilities how... and even mspaint in windows can do it... just open the image and press ctrl+w then decrease the percent amount on 30%-50% (depending on how large your images are) on both width and height then save and you got it... I take my photos with SLR camera and original jpeg picture is about 5-6 MB large so i must do it too (only... i'm using photo software to do it) and after that i'm uploading them on imageshack copy the forum code and post it here...

Hope it will help a little

Last edited:
It's not that difficult to make photos smaller... just copy your images to your PC and make them smaller... there's many possibilities how... and even mspaint in windows can do it... just open the image and press ctrl+w then decrease the percent amount on 30% on both width and height then save and you got it... I take my photos with SLR camera and original jpeg picture is about 5-6 MB large so i must do it too (only... i'm using photo software to do it) and after that i'm uploading them on imageshack copy the forum code and post it here...

Hope it will help a little

Wow, I actually didn't know there was the ctrl+w command on mspaint! Too much photoshop for me to forget the basics haha :D

Antares, just followed your advice, and all I can say is, you're a Genius:tup:

DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

Total time is 3:56.950

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 36
  • UCES01245RPLY-BCBA0CF9A00.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Antares, just followed your advice, and all I can say is, you're a Genius:tup:

DSCF2120.jpg

DSCF2119.jpg

theres only one little mistake in your post... in those .zip files you must have the ghost replay data from your PSP not the photos... but you're on good way ;)

I wasnt able to manage more time for racing so my first set of times is also my final set of times :( even if Laguna Seca is one of my favourite tracks (maybe the most favourite one :) )

So this week my times are:
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca: 1:50,319

peot1.jpg

Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo: 2:06,688

peot2.jpg

So my combined times are: 3:57,007

I don't know if i will be racing next week... Diablo III, you know :D Now i'm practically racing only in work on night shifts when we have a free moment. So maybe it will be as it was even if D3 will be out :) :gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E00.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 35
  • UCES01245RPLY-BCBA0CF9A00.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 35

Dbb had already stated that we need the pictures and the ghost files, it's how the WTAC worked ever since. As for WinRar, if you've already installed it, you just need to select the folders of the save files, right click, and there would be a "Add to Archive..." option of some sort, select that and enter an archive name and click "ok", that's how the .rar files are made.

As for the save files, it will be named like this, this is just an example and not the exact filename...
"UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00" for the North American/NTSC version or..
"ULES98632RPLY-B8337505E00" for the European/PAL versions.)

Now I have those .rar files, but how do I get them here?

You can't get them attached in the quick reply, so click "Go advanced" and then click the hairclip icon, that's where you will attach the .rar file to your post. So when you save your post, the attachment shows up at the end, just like how our post appears.

As for the format of the submission...
Track name - Time
*picture of the ghost replay file*

Do that for both of the tracks and your submission is complete. If you want a better example, you can refer to the other members' submissions.

Hope to see a submission from you! 👍

Back