GTP WTAC Week 15: Paalangpu & Tasikpu

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 51 comments
GTP WTAC Week 15: Paalangpu & Tasikpu

*** While viewing the leaderboards, I noticed a lot of rally courses were unused. Honestly, I suck at rally races, so I fully expect to be in the bottom half of the field. But a lot of people like them and they do offer a new twist and layer of challenge to the WTAC. The automobile I have chosen is not the standard rally car that we have all become quite familiar with over the years (Lancer & Impreza). It's my hope that none of use have used this one (Mitsubishi PAJERO Evolution Rally Car '03) before! ***

1. Track : Grand Canyon (forward)

picture.php

2. Car : Mitsubishi PAJERO Evolution Rally Car '03.

94651846.jpg

----------------

3. Car specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: Dirt / Snow (in my North American version [UCUS], it's listed as DRT/DRT)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the vehicle to your 'favorites' and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden....

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenge: this challenge will start Monday August 23rd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday August 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday August 30th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall/object free.
- This being a rally course, just don't hit any objects. If you see even a single spark, it's not a good lap and you'll need to re-run a clean one for submission to the challenge.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-llLion-Face###.l22
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l Sylar ######l20
small_down_arrow.gif

3rd #l- lFuchur #####19
4th #l-l Detroitbb #l##11
5th #l-l easyasashii ##9
6th #l- lsausages###lll6 #.
7th #l- lred ice #####5 #(tied)
7th #l- lrpr101 ####l#5 #(tied)
9th #l-l Peter ######4
10th .-l Awaren ###ll#1 #(tied)
10th .-l RJS ######llll1 #(tied)

Last edited:
Track has been revealed!

In case anyone is wondering what this week's challenge name means: it's the Hopi words for 'red' and 'brown' (two predominate colors of the canyon rocks).

Good luck everybody!

Okay, ill set the bar, i had achieved a 2'50.959 after 30 minutes of driving. I will get a replay and snapshot once i know how to upload it.

OK, I will keep on practising. One tip for others who are competing is that you should use slow in, fast out technique on clow corners and powerslide around ones that are long and sweeping. Hope that helps :)

hey red ice looks like you and me are still tide. however i think if we would have not been disqualified on the last challenge then you would have clearly beat me.

Ran some laps last night to learn track but best time I could manage was 2.46.79x. I am really out of practice at rally driving as not seriously played any rally games since third Colin McRae game and the Richard burns game was released on PC. Didn’t really play that much of the rally courses in Gran Turismo 3 or 4. I need to improve my lines in the corners and not run so wide onto rough gravel as it has alot less grip.

I managed a 2'47.xxx so far. I never really got on with rally stuff in GT but I must admit this is very enjoyable - good combo 👍

Managed to find a better line in a few of the corners which knocked about 1.5 seconds off previous best time. My new best is a 2.45.431.

I will and shall beat you! My time was with no tunings AND it was rushed for time. I will now try to get a 2'45 soon...

Last edited:
hey red ice looks like you and me are still tide. however i think if we would have not been disqualified on the last challenge then you would have clearly beat me.

:) New York- I got better times
:) Seoul- you got better times
So its still a draw.
After learning that you're into drifting, I suddenly get this urge that I have to beat you this week even though im a noob in drifting especially in rallies.
You gotta promise me we won't be disqualified this time around.👍

QUESTION:
besides the Chase car view (back and front view), can anybody suggest how to check replays on corners with extremely no visibility if somehow the bumpers hit?or not.

I just had a clean lap of 2'50.523 trying to get to know the track and car.
i get 2'44.xxx with too much sparks

Last edited:
QUESTION:
besides the Chase car view (back and front view), can anybody suggest how to check replays on corners with extremely no visibility if somehow the bumpers hit?or not.

I just had a clean lap of 2'50.523 trying to get to know the track and car.
i get 2'44.xxx with too much sparks
Well if you want to check save the ghost replay then stay around 1 second off the pace, then check for collisions. My progress? Im getting to 2'48'XXX so im progressing.

:) New York- I got better times
:) Seoul- you got better times
So its still a draw.
After learning that you're into drifting, I suddenly get this urge that I have to beat you this week even though im a noob in drifting especially in rallies.
You gotta promise me we won't be disqualified this time around.👍

ok ill check my ghosts very closely make sure i dont :sly:

New time from me of 2.43.586 almost lost car twice on lap in the final sections though and cant really see myself improving much more on that time maybe a tenth or two at most.

I got a 2'47 - and I'm pleased with that (though I'll continue to try and improve that time).

How did I do it? My son was listening to me bitch about the fact that I'm always downshifting to 1st, back to 2nd, down to 1st again, etc. He suggested that I just put the transmission on automatic... so I did and was able to just concentrate on steering. I still feel like a bit of a goober for going automatic, but whatever works for me!

lol

improving my times though im not 100%sure yet about me hitting walls. I just save the replays and probably gonna check it all on monday.
2'41.xxx to 2'46.xxx

Last edited:
thats the problem. coz I usually will take long runs in time trial menu without exiting. If I got a good time , example lap 6. I do have to see the whole replay of the 6 laps before I see the sparks. I dont want to check everytime and go out on the main menu.
Unfortunately GTPSP does not have the replay skip forward/backward feature used in GT2.
Actually I might actually changed my tactic to:
making a single lap run. Then just restart whenever I cant beat the best time. The good thing is: I can check the replay faster and...make a final dash on monday targetting a 2nd lap run. 2nd lap will always be faster than the 1st.

Last edited:
Back