GTP WTAC Week 15: Paalangpu & Tasikpu

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 51 comments
ok. now I have a 1 surefire clean lap of 2'45.525
i checked all possible camera angles 10times.
I think Ive got another 15replays to check.
I think I just discovered another driving line which makes the car avoid unecessary wheelspin.

In my case the 1st 3 corners dictate whether or not I can improve more.

New time from me of 2.43.586 almost lost car twice on lap in the final sections though and cant really see myself improving much more on that time maybe a tenth or two at most.

WOW! amazing!time

Last edited:
Does anyone here use the scandinavian flick technique? Just watched in Youtube the mcrae tutorials. He actually said drivers nowadays dont use it often anymore. just wondering if it would be an effective technique on the Pajero.

Managed to surprise myself and break the 2.43 barrier with a 2.42.704 which is probably my final time as cant see myself going any faster.

Does anyone here use the scandinavian flick technique? Just watched in Youtube the mcrae tutorials. He actually said drivers nowadays dont use it often anymore. just wondering if it would be an effective technique on the Pajero.

Didn't really use the technique on my runs only used it sometimes in last two hairpins at end of lap.

just checked another batch of my replays,

my current best time:
2'43.417

I just noticed using the handbrake turn makes me slower on exit speed on the final 2 corners.
Im now testing if changing the ride height from 0 to -15 will make a difference on overall speed.

Last edited:
thats some great times you put down red ice! i did not get anywhere near that time. my best was a 2'46.606. and that is going to my submission.

SANY0001-1.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BF645581D00.zip
    54 KB · Views: 5
Let me start by (re)stating that I suck at rally events - lol.

I never was able to break into the 2'46 range... and I still predict that I'm destined for last place this week!

Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution: 2'47.054

47054.jpg

:gtpflag:

Final time from me is 2.42.704

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BF645581D01.zip
    59.2 KB · Views: 5
  • photo.zip
    324.8 KB · Views: 4
My final time in a snapshot, the picture is kinda blurry, but it is still readable: yfrog.com/i330082010013j

Last edited:
my submission this week:
Grand Canyon (FWD)
Mitsubishi PAJERO Evolution Rally Raid Car '03
2'43.417
img0068ab.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BF645581D03.rar
    53.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
thats some great times you put down red ice! i did not get anywhere near that time. my best was a 2'46.606. and that is going to my submission.

hey rpr101, i just watched your replay and I noticed you clearly avoided the offtrack portions. actually those portions aided me making the times I posted. I think if you get dirty on those areas you get a faster time.

hi friends

my submission for the week : 2.45.060 .. more i can´t do this week

14io9iq.jpg

see you in the mountains....

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BF645581D01.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My Submission

Mitsubishi PAJERO Evolution Rally Raid '03
Pro Physics
Dirt/Dirt
No Aids

2:42.706

dsc0073k.jpg

:D

Attachments

• Mitsubishi Pajero Rally Raid '03.zip
    58.3 KB · Views: 9
Dan360 and I both forgot to upload our Ghost Replay files, so both of our times won't count for this week (oops!).

:indiff:

I would like to offer my congratulations to Sylar for ekeing out first place by beating Lion-Face by a measly .002 of a second! I also want to congratulate red ice for what is, I believe, his first podium finish.

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Sylar####l (2'42.704)##lll[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Lion-Face l (2'42.706)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - red ice ##ll (2'43.417)###[6 pts]

4th - Fuchur ## (2'45.060)###[5 pts]

5th - rpr101 ##l (2'46.606)###[4 pts]

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-llLion-Face###.l29
2nd #-l Sylar ######l28
3rd #l- lFuchur #####24
4th #l- lred ice #####11
small_up_arrow.gif
(tied for 4th)
4th #l-l Detroitbb #l##11 #l (tied for 4th)
6th #l- lrpr101 ####l#9 .
small_up_arrow.gif
(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l easyasashii ##9 .
small_down_arrow.gif
(tied for 6th)
8th #l- lsausages###lll6 ll
small_down_arrow.gif

9th #l-l Peter ######4 .ll
small_down_arrow.gif

10th .-l Awaren ###ll#1 ##ll(tied)
10th .-l RJS ######llll1 ##ll(tied)

Last edited:
Sadly, i haven't given a video because I dont have a Usb cable to the psp! Is it ok if i video it via my phone? Anyway, i should get a usb cable soon. I'm ready for week 16!

Sadly, i haven't given a video because I dont have a Usb cable to the psp! Is it ok if i video it via my phone? Anyway, i should get a usb cable soon. I'm ready for week 16!

We don't actually need a video, just the Ghost Replay file.

Do you have a way to put files (games, movies, music, pictures, etc.) on your PSP?

We don't actually need a video, just the Ghost Replay file.

Do you have a way to put files (games, movies, music, pictures, etc.) on your PSP?
Well, i have a sony memory stick adaptor (it fits into computer sd,ms slots). Is that ok to transfer data?

oh WOW!! I got podium finish!!! bronze! :cheers:
Honestly I got a 2'42.355 but it got sparks on the first corner (inside) so I didn't submit it.
thanks to everyone and I believe this is just my lucky week coz some of the regulars didn't participate.
And just maybe I race better in rally rather than asphalt.
Congrats to all who participated. And to Sylar and sir Lion face for the very tight margin.:bowdown:

Great job red ice! you really did good on this one =) you said you wanted to beat me this week and you did and you also got a podium finish CONGRATS!! really great job and i hope i can catch up on the next event =)

Well, i have a sony memory stick adaptor (it fits into computer sd,ms slots). Is that ok to transfer data?

Yep! As Lion-Face already mentioned, that would work. You just need to pull your Ghost Replay file from the memory stick to your computer, zip it up, and post it when you post your photo. You should choose the 'go advanced' posting scheme and then click 'manage attachments' - that will allow you to attach the zip file to your post. Just don't be like me and forget to add the zip file! I've done that twice now!

:)

Dan360 and I both forgot to upload our Ghost Replay files, so both of our times won't count for this week (oops!).

:indiff:

I would like to offer my congratulations to Sylar for ekeing out first place by beating Lion-Face by a measly .002 of a second! I also want to congratulate red ice for what is, I believe, his first podium finish.

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Sylar####l (2'42.704)##lll[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Lion-Face l (2'42.706)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - red ice ##ll (2'43.417)###[6 pts]

4th - Fuchur ## (2'45.060)###[5 pts]

5th - rpr101 ##l (2'45.060)###[4 pts]

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-llLion-Face###.l29
2nd #-l Sylar ######l28
3rd #l- lFuchur #####24
4th #l- lred ice #####11
small_up_arrow.gif
(tied for 4th)
4th #l-l Detroitbb #l##11 #l (tied for 4th)
6th #l- lrpr101 ####l#9 .
small_up_arrow.gif
(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l easyasashii ##9 .
small_down_arrow.gif
(tied for 6th)
8th #l- lsausages###lll6 ll
small_down_arrow.gif

9th #l-l Peter ######4 .ll
small_down_arrow.gif

10th .-l Awaren ###ll#1 ##ll(tied)
10th .-l RJS ######llll1 ##ll(tied)

hey i would like to point out a mistake that you put on the results. you posted that i had a 2'45.060 (which is in fact the time that Fuchur posted) my time was 2'46.606. thanks a lot see ya

hey i would like to point out a mistake that you put on the results. you posted that i had a 2'45.060 (which is in fact the time that Fuchur posted) my time was 2'46.606. thanks a lot see ya

You're correct... sorry about that!

*Change made!

Back