GTP WTAC Week 22: Shigegaki VS. Glubags

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 59 comments
GTP WTAC Week 22 : Shigegaki VS. Glubags

*** Since I already paid tribute to easyasashii in the first challenge that I hosted, I felt it would be appropriate to also celebrate the original founder, Shigegaki, and his successor, Glubags. For this challenge, we'll use their real-life automobiles - tuned by Opera Performance, of course. Shigegaki drives a Nissan 350Z and Glubags has a Honda S2000 - which he is currently in the process of having a meaty V8 LS2 (as found in the Corvette) engine stuffed into the engine bay. Both of these cars will be fun to drive. Come join us in helping to celebrate the first two hosts of the TAC! ***

1. Track : Seoul Central (reverse)

picture.php

2. Cars : Opera Performance 350Z '04 & Opera Performance S2000 '04

350za.jpg
l
s2000c.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Oct. 11th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Oct. 18th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Oct. 18th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- NO SPARKS!

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

-------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-llLion-Face###ll24
2nd #-l Detroitbb ###l17#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l- lSylar######ll15#
small_up_arrow.gif

4th #l- lDan360#####12#
small_down_arrow.gif

5th #l- lsausages ###l11#
small_down_arrow.gif

6th #l-l easyasashii#.lll10
7th #l-l red ice#####.ll6#
small_up_arrow.gif

8th #l-l Fuchur#####.ll3#
small_down_arrow.gif

Last edited:
Can I ahve a celebration too? lol I ddin't host this competition, but how about one for me? F2007, of course :)

Can I ahve a celebration too? lol I ddin't host this competition, but how about one for me? F2007, of course :)

I pretty much rule out cars that we have used in a previous TAC/WTAC. We already ran the F2007 back in Season 2 (hosted by Shigegaki and won by Glubags)! Sorry Peter!

Now, that still leaves the PD F1 car available, but it's expensive (like both F1 cars). It certainly would make for one odd couple paired with a Subaru 360 though! lol

Sorry, schoolwork really prevents me from actually going out on Time Trial for a while to set a lap time for this, then tear down the place to find a camera and USB cable to upload it.

Oh wow! Seoul Central. Short and fast track. Lost a Duel to rpr101 at Seoul's forward. I'm gonna try to gain good times this week!

I will be focusing on the S2000 this week, since it is not as stable on the slower corners, compared to the 350Z. I am a big fan of the Z, so I expect good results from it. Time to run some laps...

hi friends, i run 1lap races vs ki until i get ´s´ then i run one 3 lap race vs ki
i get a 1´04.345 the ´s´s level ki get 1´04.675 ( with the 350z)

hey detroitb, we run ´town´ rules or ´normal´TAC rules? :)

hey detroitb, we run ´town´ rules or ´normal´TAC rules? :)

Ahhh... good question, Fuchur!

I guess we can go with the city courses rules (just don't hit the barriers and make any sparks). There is only one turn with curbing/rumble strips that stick out, so you can feel free to ride over them without penalty.

👍

60+ Laps in the Z gave me 1'02.608, and the S2000 gave 1'01 .865 .This was with basic tuning for both cars, and very hard suspension. The only small dip in the ground was at the kerb, just before the hairpin.

Last edited:
Great photos 👍 ! I only ran in arcade mode to earn money so far and I feel more comfortable with the S2000, but both are great cars !!!

hi friends, i run 1lap races vs ki until i get ´s´ then i run one 3 lap race vs ki
i get a 1´04.345 the ´s´s level ki get 1´04.675 ( with the 350z)

Good to see you back in Fuchur ! 👍

Good luck all !

EDIT : My psp felt down the stairs... I had to try to repair it, I did but my psp doesn't look good now... Well, at least I still can play with it and GT5 is coming soon so... everything is all right ! I'll run some laps tomorrow ! See ya !

Last edited:
I have set a time of 1'01.231 with the S2000. I hope to break into the 1'00 barrier, with the S2K, before the deadline. 350Z tomorrow...

Hey guys ill try running some laps today and maybe a bit tomorrow. i know i am late but ill see if i can catch up. this track was a lot of fun when dueling with red ice. i gotta say red ice you really did push me to go faster on this track then i though i could go. it sure was a great duel.

Wait easy you have a ps3? If so, what's your psn ID?

I don't believe he does (yet). We're both in the same boat - hoping that the stars align so we can get a PS3 and GT5 before the year is out.

:cheers: Detroitbb ! When I'm a lucky PS3 + GT5 Shigegaki, you can be sure you'll know it ;) !

I have set a time of 1'01.231 with the S2000. I hope to break into the 1'00 barrier, with the S2K, before the deadline. 350Z tomorrow...

Good, a time to aim ! 👍

Hey guys ill try running some laps today and maybe a bit tomorrow.

That's good news !!! 👍

Hey guys ill try running some laps today and maybe a bit tomorrow. i know i am late but ill see if i can catch up. this track was a lot of fun when dueling with red ice. i gotta say red ice you really did push me to go faster on this track then i though i could go. it sure was a great duel.

Wow. you're back. I'll try hard to beat you this time. :)

Current times at 1'03.103 with the S2000. L-F tunings

Welcome back, rpr101!

:)

I guess with the disappointing news that GT5 is going to be delayed until 'this holiday season', we're less likely to lose any members for another 3 to 4 (or maybe even more) weeks.

By the way easy, how's your PSP holding up? Did you almost have a heart-attack when you dropped it? I would have!

I ran some laps last night (20+ with each car) and got a 1'02.5xx with the Nissan 350z and a 1'02.0xx with the Honda S2000.

Last edited:
I sure did have a heart attack !!!

She was in my pocket and just felt down while I was going up... Now she's acting crazy, often turns off at a very bad moment and I have same symptoms you had with yours : whereas I don't touch analog or D-pad, she's going left... or right !!!

I knew people in China who could have repaired my psp in few minutes but now back in France... and I'm living in the countryside... But my cousin know a guy who took it and will give it back to me tomorrow at best so... there is hope !!!

But don't wait for me -as if... ;)- and squeeze the max out of these cars !!!

(Off-topic : I found this website by accident and it was a great discovery : I love the design, concept, music, everything ! This is the kind of website where you actually are somewhere else... here it is : http://www.stenkat.com/sk4main.html)

Last edited:
Since PD screwed up with delaying the game again. Should totally change up this weeks TAC haha.

Latest Posts

Back