• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 59 comments
img0000n.jpg
l
img0001mr.jpg

img0009oc.jpg
l
img0010jc.jpg

successfully broken the 1.03.xxx barrier. S2000 at 1'02.712.
I'm starting to really love this particular S2000. Well at least for the City courses. I liked it. As for the 350z, haven't got the chance yet to make serious quality time.

EDIT:
OK I think its weird. I managed to get a 1'02.687 for the 350z.
Faster than my S2000 time. Upon observation of your times, I see the S2000 must be faster. I think I must have messed up the S2000 tuning. Hahahaha.

Last edited:
EDIT:
OK I think its weird. I managed to get a 1'02.687 for the 350z.
Faster than my S2000 time. Upon observation of your times, I see the S2000 must be faster. I think I must have messed up the S2000 tuning. Hahahaha.

L-F tuning for me !!! Trust the car and push "your" limits ;) ! Good luck !

L-F tuning for me !!! Sorry, default settings except for the rear toe set to 0...

And by pushing your limits I meant you should race arcade in order not to think too much about running a clean lap but more about racing your way up to first place and try to keep it, you'll have to fight for it if you're in A or S rank. Because you want to be faster than them, you'll try things and push your car knowing you might hit a wall in the process but you'll try, thing you might not dare doing in TT, afraid of running an unclean lap.

Here is what I do : only run arcade at first, 3 laps, S-rank and I won't leave arcade till I'm not finishing 1st at least 3 times -just to make sure I wasn't lucky the first time-.

By doing so I have a pretty good idea of what the car is capable of without overthinking the process and focusing only on speed and racing -because I hope to race you guys one day ;)-. Then TT : I first run 10 laps trying to be as fast as possible and watch speedometer and try to push further the braking points and reduce the braking distances lap after lap. I also try to see the difference between tap-tap-tap brake/throttle and tap-and-hold brake/throttle. I try to keep the same driving line to test the car's handling/speed at corners.

Then I try to check more details -without tuning- for 60 to 70 more laps, like new driving lines and compare splits.

80 laps total with the same tuning (L-F tuning for example) is the best way to know the car before trying anything with the settings. And speaking personaly, I usally don't tune more than L-F tuning (except for stock car but... not good results and most of the time I make them worse !)

Small improvements for me and the 350Z

350Z : 1'02.499. (still default settings but I think I hit my limits here so if I want to go any faster I might try some tuning... 1'01. might be possible for some of us !)

And congrats red ice for your 1'02.687 👍👍👍 !!!

Good luck all !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:

Thanks Easy!!!
I adjusted my tunings for the S2000 back to L-F tuning and surprisingly I broke yet another barrier. I was so happy I decided to upload it right away. LOL!!!
YES!!!! Upon reading your detailed gameplan and after running 20laps Single Race at S class...I decided to visit Time Trial again.
Actual Racing View (OVERHEAD-ROOF CAM)

1'01.974
:cheers:

I will start doing marathon runs for the 350Z starting tomorrow and hope to at least post a 1'02.5xx. If time permits, I might be able to do more laps with S2000 on Monday.

Well well well, look at you !!! Very good !!! See there is no secret : the more you practice, the faster you get !

I'm trying to work on the tuning side but it is very difficult to see improvements ! So the times I usually submit are mostly done with default settings or L-f (stock/Race) tuning...

I'm trying to be more consistent in order to be able to actually see the difference when I change one setting... But I'm not there yet !

See L-F can run clean lap after clean lap while getting faster (see La Sarthe), he sure should have practiced a lot with GT4 and still practicing a lot with GTPSP and WTAC... and challenges himself (PD car, N1 tires, Nurburgring... :bowdown:)...

I'm more 2 clean laps for 8 unclean ! So when you know L-F still running 80 laps with his magic tuning before touching any setting, I sure follow his steps and do the same ! L-F sure will agree with me to say that you will allways find someone faster than you... so I'm working on that : getting faster and maybe faster than L-F one day ;) !

And in WTAC, I can say we all are a bunch of serious, fair and pretty fast competitors ! It takes time to climb your way up to the podium but you're on your way and getting faster !!! Keep on the great job and good luck !

I have set a time of 1'01.231 with the S2000. I hope to break into the 1'00 barrier, with the S2K, before the deadline.

I finally can see it too... 1'01.155 (personal tuning !!!), and I had better splits and if I was able to combine my best ones I would have a 1'00.7-8 so I hope I'll have a high 1'00. to submit !

Good luck Dan360, I hope you'll break it -if you still haven't ;)- !

Good luck Dan360, I hope you'll break it -if you still haven't ;)- !
I'm still not in my expected times, I'm still waiting for that 'magic lap'. I like to tune both cars so the front lifts off at accelerating, and drops drastically in braking. :) EDIT: 1'00.634 With the S2000, and TCS on 5 (to reduce a rear flick, coming out of the final corner).

Last edited:
Hi guys!! Busy day today and tomorrow for me, so gotta submit early.
I'm happy with my times for this challenge. It's not every week that I get a chance to race a track with minimal number of corners and at least get nearer at everybody's times. :)
My submission this week:

WTAC Week 22
SEOUL Central / Reverse

Professional
R1 / R1

Opera Performance 350Z '04
Time: 1'02.465
350zf.jpg

Opera Performance S2000 '04
Time: 1'01.974
s2000s.jpg

Total Time:
2'04.439

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D00.rar
    52.4 KB · Views: 3
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D01.rar
    52.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, that's an odd coincidence!

Good luck, easy!

Well, not really a coincidence : when I saw your times, I told myself not to stop until I hit your times ;) !

Now, I'll focus on the S2000 and 1'00 !!!... And Lion-Face's times will make us wonder "how comes it looked like so difficult to do ???!" ;)

My submission this week:

Time: 1'02.465

Time: 1'01.974

Total Time:
2'04.439

Great times you have here red ice !!! Neck to neck with the 350Z ! And in the 1'01 with the S2000 ! Well done 👍👍👍 ! Keep on the great job !

Here is my submission:

Opera 350Z - 1'02.096

I don't know why, but it uploaded the wrong way round :confused:

S2000 - 1'00.634

Combined time: 2'02.730

I ran my times quite late in the day (near midnight and beyond).

See you next week. :)

Attachments

• 350Z.zip
    52.9 KB · Views: 4
  • S2000.zip
    53.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Didn't get a chance to post any times during the week as I was really busy with work. Street circuits have always been my Achilles Heel and its a trend which still continues as I really struggled to get a good laps with the cars particularly the S2000.

Opera Performance 350Z '04 - 1'02.479
Opera Performance S2000 '04 - 1'01.945
Total - 2'04.424

Great time in the S2000 👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D00.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D03.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 3
I wasn't able to attempt any more laps last night, but I hope (though I'm not sure) that I can find a the free time to try a bit more. If not, I'll just submit my previous times.

:)

I finally hit it ! Well done Dan360 ! I promised myself I'll stop playing PSP once I hit 1'00 with the S2000 so here is my submission :

Opera Performance 350Z '04 - 1'02.245

Opera Performance S2000 '04 - 1'00.911

Total - 2'03.156

See you next challenge !

EDIT : I might try to run the 350Z before deadline though...

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B0392267D00.rar
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
  • UCES01245RPLY-B0392267D02.rar
    53.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I put in a pretty strong effort into bringing my S2000 time down. I was able to... and this one particular run totally reminded me of my fastest Lotus Carlton lap at Trial Mountain - both involved unintentional sliding and almost losing control multiple times. Funny thing is, the sliding put me in perfect position to attack a turn at full throttle. I would never be able to recreate that run, and it would never be considered 'textbook' by any means... but it was clean and fast. My first split was 19.180 and when I saw my second split of 35.928, started to get nervous. I feared doing something stupid like getting too close to a barrier and causing a spark. To try and not ruin the run, I sort of took it easy around the the last big turn - I just couldn't risk it. I was just hoping that I didn't take that turn too cautiously and have my ghost catch up and pass me (it's happened to me before!). Luckily, it didn't and I breathed a sigh of pure relief.

After that, I switched to the 350z with high hopes. The car just felt really heavy and difficult to turn. It really isn't, but the Honda S2000 is just very nimble machine in comparison. I did get a pretty decent lap with the Nissan 350z, but I still think that vehicle is capable of a much faster run (I expect Lion-Face to be one to do so).

S2000: 1'00.575

00575.jpg

350z: 1'02.088

02088.jpg

combined time: 2'02.663

:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D00.zip
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0392267D01.zip
My Submission

Pro Physics
R1/R1
No Aids

1'01.751

DSC_0009.jpg

Pro Physics
R1/R1
No Aids

1'00.576 :D

DSC_0008.jpg

Total Time = 2'02.327

Attachments

• WTAC Week 22 Replay.zip
    108.2 KB · Views: 6
hello everyone i finally managed to get some laps in. i realized that i did horrible with the s2000 but i did good with the 350z.
red ice those are some great times!!! it seems you win this one :cheers:

here are my times: 350z r1/r1 pro physics/ no assists: 1'02.672

SANY0401.jpg

s2k r1/r1 pro physics/ no assists: 1'03.540

SANY0405.jpg

total time: 2'06.212

great job everyone i really enjoyed joining everybody again for this weeks session.

Great Job guys !!! 👍👍👍

And congrats Dbb for being 0'00.001 faster than Lion-Face :bowdown: !

:bowdown: Lion-Face for being the fastest overall and the only one to run a 1'01.xxx with the 350Z !

Dan360, red ice, very impressive 👍 !

rpr101, nice to see you back in 👍 !

Sylar, hope to see you in the podium next challenge !

See you all next challenge !

EDIT Off-Topic : rpr101, your "drift it. time it. drag it..." always makes me think about Daft Punk "Technologic"... I always sing your signature like the song ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWHFwmd2o&feature=related I hate the video clip though... makes me feel unconfortable... Creepy was the adjective people gave it to it... I loved interstella 5555.

Last edited:
Great Job guys !!! 👍👍👍

And congrats Dbb for being 0'00.001 faster than Lion-Face :bowdown: !

:bowdown: Lion-Face for being the fastest overall and the only one to run a 1'01.xxx with the 350Z !

Dan360, red ice, very impressive 👍 !

rpr101, nice to see you back in 👍 !

Sylar, hope to see you in the podium next challenge !

See you all next challenge !

EDIT Off-Topic : rpr101, your "drift it. time it. drag it..." always makes me think about Daft Punk "Technologic"... I always sing your signature like the song ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtdWHFwmd2o&feature=related I hate the video clip though... makes me feel unconfortable... Creepy was the adjective people gave it to it... I loved interstella 5555.

Thanks! Easy! And yeah DAFT PUNK rocks!!! Interstella is classic!!

I'll have this week's leaderboard and the current overall one done a bit later today. I'm a tad busy at the moment and I just come on to let you guys know that it will be a bit longer (and to post the track for the next challenge, since I forgot to do that yesterday!).

And yeah DAFT PUNK rocks!!! Interstella is classic!!

Couldn't agree more !!! ;)

I'll have this week's leaderboard and the current overall one done a bit later today. I'm a tad busy at the moment and I just come on to let you guys know that it will be a bit longer (and to post the track for the next challenge, since I forgot to do that yesterday!).

No problem ! Been there... ;)

EDIT : "Interstella is classic", I would say "Legen... wait for it.... dary" ! I'm a Barney Stinson huge fan ;) !

Once again congrats are extended to Lion-Face for another win. You, sir, make it look easy! I'm also applauding Dan360 - after a one week absence, he returns to the podium. Good job!

I would also like to mention that it was great to see rpr101 (red ice's friendly nemesis) at this past challenge. Hopefully we'll be seeing him around more frequently! Since I already mentioned red ice, I would like to offer a special congratulations for this past challenge. He really showed some significant improvement... keep it up!

We missed Fuchur and sausages this week. We shall keep our fingers crossed in hopes that they return soon!

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Lion-Face##. (2'02.327)##lll[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb##. (2'02.663)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Dan360 ###. (2'02.730)###[6 pts]

4th - easyasashii # (2'03.156)###[5 pts]

5th - Sylar #####l (2'04.424)###[4 pts]

6th - red ice .l###l (2'04.439)###[3 pts]

7th - rpr101 l.l###l (2'06.212)###[2 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-llLion-Face###ll32
2nd #-l Detroitbb ###l24
3rd #l-llSylar######.l19
4th #l- lDan360#####18
5th #l-l easyasashii#.lll15#
small_up_arrow.gif

6th #l- lsausages ###l11#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l red ice#####.ll9
8th #l-l Fuchur#####.ll3
9th #l-l rpr101#####.lll2

----------------------

:gtplanet:

Thanks to everyone!! Congratulations for hot lap times! And after this challenge I would like to say I set the OPERA S2000 locked in my favourites list. As mentioned in this week's title, for me Glubags' car won it.:lol:

thats funny because i never noticed that until you guys pointed that out about my signature. daft punk is awesome!

Back