GTP WTAC Week 23: Gone But Not Forgotten

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 64 comments
I tend to restart the lap in the first section, meaning that I am not aware of the fastest line around S, V, and the hairpin. I take the cars at the East layout, which means I don't have to worry about the first section. Hope this helps anyone who is losing time on sector two.

OK that's it.
My MRS' final time is gonna be 1'59.669.

Wasn't able to beat Sylar's ghost after almost 70 laps and 3 days in Motegi. But, I'm happy I was in the lead until the V corner, where he pulled away just 2 car lengths in front of me at the finish.

Thanks!

Nice lap time red ice almost 3 seconds faster than your initial time.

Did some more laps last night wasn't able to go any faster with the Nissan and only managed to improve my Toyota time by about .3 of a second. I know the corners that I could still probably gain a tenth on like the hairpin but feels like I have reached the limit of my abilities.

The Toyota is definitely capable of a high 1.57.xxx but I just can't seem to improve on those two or three corners that still have some time left and then match my previous best times on the rest of the corners during the lap. I am sure that someone will manage to break well into the 1.57.xxx with the car this week though;)

Toyota MR-S: 1'58.145
Nissan Silvia: 2.00.868

Yeah I do feel you red ice... Same thing for me, I always "mess up" at least one corner -well sometimes I don't see where I made mistake but I must have because I'm slower.... :confused: - and unfortunately at Motegi consequences are huge !!! I would say Hairpin and Victory Corner are the two I still don't get...

I'm thinking like you, already spent a little bit more than two hours with the Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 only to see my time coming from 2'02.886 (in less than ten laps) and down to 2'01.357... And I still haven't run again the MR

Now I can say that Motegi and Laguna Seca are the two tracks I really don't understand... Well Laguna Seca is a weird track because some day you're doing great and then you spend weeks eating the sand !...

Now I am very curious to see what will this week leaderboard !!!

:gtpflag:

As advised as always to me, clean braking and accelerating just about the correct angle during the corner while tap-tap-tapapap made the difference for me. As you have said, just a single error on any single corner will punish us drastically on the overall time. Sadly, I can't make up for early errors on the track after I reach the S curves. I just have to restart the lap again and again.

After battling it out on Sylar's ghost, I can assume we have similar tunings coz we were neck and neck almost all throughout the lap. As I've said, He was about .5 second behind me until the V corner and then he overtaken me at the Hairpin and Victory corner. WAHhahaha!! I ate dust!!!!:grumpy:

Currently working it out on the S15 as it handles quite differently to the MRS.
MR-FR
But I have a feeling I won't even break my 2'03.xxx target with the S15. But I'm quite enjoying the ride. I'm not even on Motegi but I'm still in Nurburgring with S15 running SIngle race S class. Gonna go back later this afternoon for my hotlaps.

I love Laguna more! as It was one of my faves when it first appeared on GT. Motegi is particularly new to me.

2'00.995 with the Silvia... 1'58.599 with the MR-S

90% of my problems come from the hairpin turn. In fact, I'm still struggling to find the correct breaking point and cut-in angle. Every attempt has been different and none of them have appeared correct to me so far.

img0005nhk.jpg
l
img0013zk.jpg

img0006ik.jpg
l
img0012xh.jpg

:(
Tragedy Struck.
My Dpad's gone bad. Can't seem to steer properly now. I'm gonna go on Pitstop and repair it myself. I hope I will be able to get more laps with the S15.

Good luck to everybody!!

That's what I had last week !!! Hope you'll be able to repair it before deadline !

EDIT : I'm doing some maintenance to the website so it might not be availlable for a while... Sorry ! I'll tell you when everything is ok !

EDIT 2 : I put back on the non-updated version of the website...

Last edited:
Tragedy Struck.
My Dpad's gone bad. Can't seem to steer properly now. I'm gonna go on Pitstop and repair it myself. I hope I will be able to get more laps with the S15.

Good luck to everybody!!
Does your car randomly steer, or is your d-pad responding late? If so, then it's likely that your PSP is overplayed, I hope that you fix it soon!
My Silvia is in the 2'00.8xx , but still no improvement from the MR2. I hope to break into the 1'57...

Finally managed to find the right line in the hairpin without losing the rear or running wide onto the grass and managed to improve my times in first sector for a 1'57.887 with the Toyota. Finished running with the Toyota now and will probably submit that time as I cant see myself improving. Unlike previous laps I didn't make any major mistakes and kept the back in check on the corner exits. Last sector was probably one most nerve wrecking laps I have driven in a long while as was sure I would have messed up the final two corners as I had done twice on previous runs tonight.

Will spend remaining time with the Nissan to see if I can improve any although I will find it difficult as cant seem to get used to the amount of under-steer it has compared to the Toyota.

Toyota MR-S: 1'57.887

Does your car randomly steer, or is your d-pad responding late? If so, then it's likely that your PSP is overplayed, I hope that you fix it soon!
My Silvia is in the 2'00.8xx , but still no improvement from the MR2. I hope to break into the 1'57...

Actually, I cleaned the cover inside out coz of dirt accumulating on the dpad and face buttons, Coz I play GT while travelling. After I cleaned it and put the cover back. I noticed the dpads became too stiff to press. More effort is needed to steer. So, turning on corners became useless.

I tried the analog nub. Which I rarely use, and I discovered it will take some time before I steer it properly.

So now, I'm staring at my PSP and thinking how can I solve the problem.

My S15 fastest lap is 2'04.xxx. Driven 5 days ago.

2'00.661 with the Silvia

1'58.129 with the MR-S

Like Sylar, I'm also close to my limits. I think it's possible to knock one or two tenths off the Siliva time. As far as the MR-S goes, another 3 to 4 tenths is possible with a perfect lap.

Actually, I cleaned the cover inside out coz of dirt accumulating on the dpad and face buttons, Coz I play GT while travelling. After I cleaned it and put the cover back. I noticed the dpads became too stiff to press. More effort is needed to steer. So, turning on corners became useless.

I tried the analog nub. Which I rarely use, and I discovered it will take some time before I steer it properly.

So now, I'm staring at my PSP and thinking how can I solve the problem.

My S15 fastest lap is 2'04.xxx. Driven 5 days ago.

That sucks! I can sympathize with your dilemma - I've gone through three analog sticks and I still have two new ones that I bought (just in case of emergency). I drive with the nub though, not the D-Pad. It's hard to go from one way of steering to another. I just can't use the D-Pad to steer... I just way too used to the nub now!

Is it possible that something might be stuck between the rubber backing for the digital pad and the buttons themselves? I've had issues similar to what you are describing with the O/X/Square/Triangle buttons. I hope you can figure something out and continue to compete, red ice! Good luck!

Attention: Please take note!

I'm just reminding everyone that when we take our pictures, we need to scroll down a bit so the physics and tire choices become visible, ok?

Thanks!

- the management

I decided to go on. ANd fight it out, hoping to soften up the dpads by spamming the steering. I gave up on the analog. and somehow I got a .3sec improvement for the S15.
Thanks guys!

Attention noted. :)

Hi guys!!
Tragic week.:(
S15!!!EPIC FAIL
My submission this week:

WTAC Week 23
Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course / Forward
Professional
R1 / R1

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00
Time: 1'59.669
mrsspyder.jpg

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
Time: 2'04.428
s15pg.jpg

sloppy steering!

Total Time:
4'04.097

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE600.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE601.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi guys!!

WTAC Week 23
Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course / Forward
Professional
R1 / R1

I'm sorry to hear about your PSP red ice! Although I would recommend learning the Analog nub, it is quicker in GTPSP to use the Analog over the D-pad. It will take you a while to get used to it, but it is worth it in the long run. I would advise sticking to week 24 just with the analog nub and see how you go.

Now, I've just watched your Toyota Lap. Motegi is a tricky track to get right, I've never felt fully comfortable with the track myself, but I'm learning. Here's my advice for you to try out. I don't mean to offend, just offer some advice in where I think your going wrong.

The biggest problems I saw on your lap were the S-bend combination corners. The reasonably long and fast S-Bend about 2/3rds of the way around, and then the final S-bend/Chicane leading onto the main straight.

What you need to do is take the first corner slower and position yourself to take the 2nd corner faster. So for the 1st S-bend, you needed to tuck yourself into the apex, nice and tight and hold the inside curb all the way around the left hander, from there you are in a good position to sweep right and come across the apex, lifting for only a second and powering out.

The 2nd S-bend at the end of the circuit (victory corner I believe) you cut into the first corner far to early. You should follow the tire marks all the way around, this way you will be as far left as possible for the quick right. The straighter you can make a corner, the faster you will be.

At the moment you are entering the S-bends 10km's (roughly, just as an example) faster than I would. So that will get you about 10km's faster than me through the first corner, you second corner though is the other way around, and I will exit 10km's faster than you. That means down the long straight that follows, I'm 10km's faster all the way down, if not more. Thats a lot of time your losing by compromising your exit on the 2nd corner.

The way to setup for a cornerm or a combination of corners, is to figure out what is going to give me the fastest exit speed for the next straight. The longer the straight, the more important it is to get a fast exit. Sure you could go faster through the corner, but a corner only lasts a few seconds, while a straight can be 10seconds long. If I'm going to be 10km's faster per second, would you rather it be the 2seconds in the corner, or the 10seconds down a straight.

I record agian 1.57.651 by MRS
But Silvia's time is not good, It maybe 2.01.xxx...
Korea is GMT+09:00 So I think 7 hour more left, right?
Here is Internet Cafe, and I'm waiting my friend
Picture upload is after about 5 hour in my house
Good Race Guys :D

[KOR]Adrine !!! Welcome back !

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Oct. 18th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Oct. 25th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

SO 3:59 pm GMT+2 + 7 hours (you're GMT+9) = 10:59 pm on MONDAY 25th...

You still got time !!!

Here are my times so far, I'm worjing on the Nissan right now !

Toyota : 1'57.340
Nissan : Still this slow 2'01.357

1'56 with the toyota is definitely possible for some of us... I think I'll submit 1'57.340 because I have to work on my Nissan Time if I want to catch up with you guys and I don't have that much free time to play so...

Good luck all !

EDIT : 2'01.212...

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your PSP red ice! Although I would recommend learning the Analog nub, it is quicker in GTPSP to use the Analog over the D-pad. It will take you a while to get used to it, but it is worth it in the long run. I would advise sticking to week 24 just with the analog nub and see how you go.

Now, I've just watched your Toyota Lap. Motegi is a tricky track to get right, I've never felt fully comfortable with the track myself, but I'm learning. Here's my advice for you to try out. I don't mean to offend, just offer some advice in where I think your going wrong.

The biggest problems I saw on your lap were the S-bend combination corners. The reasonably long and fast S-Bend about 2/3rds of the way around, and then the final S-bend/Chicane leading onto the main straight.

What you need to do is take the first corner slower and position yourself to take the 2nd corner faster. So for the 1st S-bend, you needed to tuck yourself into the apex, nice and tight and hold the inside curb all the way around the left hander, from there you are in a good position to sweep right and come across the apex, lifting for only a second and powering out.

The 2nd S-bend at the end of the circuit (victory corner I believe) you cut into the first corner far to early. You should follow the tire marks all the way around, this way you will be as far left as possible for the quick right. The straighter you can make a corner, the faster you will be.

At the moment you are entering the S-bends 10km's (roughly, just as an example) faster than I would. So that will get you about 10km's faster than me through the first corner, you second corner though is the other way around, and I will exit 10km's faster than you. That means down the long straight that follows, I'm 10km's faster all the way down, if not more. Thats a lot of time your losing by compromising your exit on the 2nd corner.

The way to setup for a cornerm or a combination of corners, is to figure out what is going to give me the fastest exit speed for the next straight. The longer the straight, the more important it is to get a fast exit. Sure you could go faster through the corner, but a corner only lasts a few seconds, while a straight can be 10seconds long. If I'm going to be 10km's faster per second, would you rather it be the 2seconds in the corner, or the 10seconds down a straight.

Many Thanks, sir Lion Face. I got what you meant and definitely no offence taken. Now I understood why Sylar's 1'59.xxx ghost pulled away after the First S corner combination. He's slower in entry but faster in exit and he carried the speed all the way after the hairpin and after the victory corner.

NICE!!! tips.I highly appreciate it. I'm pretty curious as to how I can train myself via analog so I'm starting to drive the Datsun in Chamonix.

Problem now, I can't repeat the laps I made for the MRS Spyder due to my steering problem. I hope I can fix it after 2 days, when week 24 starts or I'll use analog for good.

Here is my entry:

MR-S - 1'57.420

I found my 'magic lap', a few hours before I entered my times.

Silvia - 2'00.868

I ran this lap, Friday night, and I couldn't get enough potential from this car.

Did some more running tonight with both cars new times are...

What a coincidence! :dopey:

Combined time: 3'58.288

I found this week to be tough, as I am not a big fan of Motegi. The long straights give me time to reflect my apex, but sector 3 was a different challenge, especially the hairpin. the corner after the dropping straight was interesting, I tried a few braking points, just to see which one is best.

Good luck guys, and see you next week :)

Attachments

• MR-S.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Silvia.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 8
[KOR]Adrine;4072220
I record agian 1.57.651 by MRS
But Silvia's time is not good, It maybe 2.01.xxx...
Korea is GMT+09:00 So I think 7 hour more left, right?
Here is Internet Cafe, and I'm waiting my friend
Picture upload is after about 5 hour in my house
Good Race Guys :D

Welcome back!

👍

I'm submitting my times now, but I'm fairly confident that my times could be reduced by .200 with each car. I'm not willing to put in that kind of effort though!

Toyota MR-S: 1'57.530

57530.jpg

Nissan Silvia: 2'00.661

00661.jpg

combined times: 3'58.191

I hope to see everyone at the Datsun 510 challenge!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE600.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE601.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 8

Toyota MR-S: 1'57.887

Total: 3'58.755

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE603.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE604.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 7
I'm submitting my times now, but I'm fairly confident that my times could be reduced by .200 with each car. I'm not willing to put in that kind of effort though!

Thanks !!! Knowing that I'll stop here too and submit my times :

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 : 2'00.792

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00 : 1'57.340

Overall : 3'58.132 :D

Very tough and tight this week !!! I'm exhausted ! Sure thing : we all are pretty fast drivers 👍 !

See you next challenge !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BC9E1EFE604.rar
    54.3 KB · Views: 8
  • UCES01245RPLY-BC9E1EFE605.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hello has all, it has been a long time since I came on this forum and more particularly on this thread!

I put back the hand on my psp and I have just a little more time than these last months, I am going to be able to participate has some races.

Well I return to make some laps because that runs very fast in this area!

PS: saddened for my English, I use an on-line translator.

Safe journey has all

So this is my times :

Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 : 2'00.509

p1040936.jpg

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S (JGTC) '00 : 1'56.893

p1040934l.jpg

Overall : 3'57.402 ........If my calculations are exact (anybody knows a software for addition of times..... for mac?)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE603.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC9E1EFE609.zip
    55 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Pitch!!!

Welcome back!

:)

It will be great for Lion-Face to have some more competition!

By the way, your English is just fine - we have no problems understand what you are saying... so don't worry about it! I also did a quick search for a time calculator for Macs, but was unable to find one. Your time of 3'57.402 was correct. 👍

Last edited:
Back