GTP WTAC Week 25: Concept Car Challenge presented by red ice

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 56 comments
I didn't do any laps last night at all. I've been sick with the flu all week and last night was pretty rough. I'm telling myself that I have to do some tonight, but my body will have the final call on that matter!

img0012kr.jpg
l
img0021pk.jpg

img0020us.jpg
l
img0013qq.jpg

I didn't do any laps last night at all. I've been sick with the flu all week and last night was pretty rough.
Get well soon, Detroitbb! I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Just ran an hour with the Camaro, and no improvement... Until I ran the NSX! 5 quick laps gave me a clean 1'42.019, with very close shaves.

Now i'll focus on the Chevy...

I didn't do any laps last night at all. I've been sick with the flu all week and last night was pretty rough. I'm telling myself that I have to do some tonight, but my body will have the final call on that matter!

Get Well soon, man!! :)

Get well soon, Detroitbb! I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Just ran an hour with the Camaro, and no improvement... Until I ran the NSX! 5 quick laps gave me a clean 1'42.019, with very close shaves.

Now i'll focus on the Chevy...

Very good time Dan360! Keep at it with the NSX, improve it further while your in the groove.

I have a 1:41.9xx on the default tune (with toe = 0/0) Haven't begun to tune yet.

Very good time Dan360! Keep at it with the NSX, improve it further while your in the groove.
Thanks, Lion-Face! I took your advice and ran the NSX in my friday session. Now i'm into the 1'41, with a drift in the first two corners at sector 2. ;)

Back to the Chevrolet!

Last edited:
Awaren!!!

Good to see you!

:)

Hi all :) I'm not "dead"... i'm alive but, ehm... quite elsewhere -> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak'thul&cn=Awaren

i didn't abandoned the forums aswell... i participate only as "spectator" (i visit forums twice a week and read the posts but waiting for some interresting combo car/track to drive WTAC... i've explained everything in some PM's to Easy) in the meanwhile i only get some improvements on "green hell" :)

^ good to see you pop in Awaren ;) !

I didn't do any laps last night at all. I've been sick with the flu all week and last night was pretty rough.

Get well soon Dbb !!!

I ran the NSX and I'm starting to think I'm cursed... Each time I hit 1'40 I have this vicious yellow sparkle -the one you don't feel, don't hear but sure can see !!!- or when I'm about to hit 1'40, I end up messing up one corner... So best clean time so far : 1'41.434 (1'40.881 unclean).

Guys, I'm pretty sure we'll see L-F and PiTch_ submit at least a 1'40.5xx with the NSX ! And I hope to post a clean mid-high 1'40 with this car !

I'll have to run again the Chevy once I have this clean 1'40 because it looks obvious to me I should be able to run a descent 1'48 with her...

Good luck guys !

Here are my final times:

Camaro - 1'48.858

NSX-R - 1'41.674

There's a drift in sector 2 :sly:

Combined time: 3'30.532

See you in my challenge!

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Camaro.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 6
  • NSX-R.zip
    55 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
still aiming for a clean lap.....

I got a clean lap with the NSX-R two nights ago and a clean one with the Camaro IROC last night. Now I'm debating whether or not I should just submit my times or give it one last attempt tonight (I didn't get much time this week due to being sick). Hmmmm... decisions, decisions!

Well,I'm not gonna sleep tonight until I get clean laps for each car. This is track allows very little room for errors and one small mistake will really cost a huge amount of time. DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY!!!!

I'm not sure if my car is bottoming out at the downhill after the slow zigzag portion, Even at 1-10/-15 ride height for the camaro makes the car loose traction on that DIVE!!

I got a clean lap with the NSX-R two nights ago and a clean one with the Camaro IROC last night. Now I'm debating whether or not I should just submit my times or give it one last attempt tonight (I didn't get much time this week due to being sick). Hmmmm... decisions, decisions!

Its nice to know you're well. I'm pretty sure your times are still faster than mine. LOL!!!:)

Its nice to know you're well. I'm pretty sure your times are still faster than mine. LOL!!!:)

Maybe, but probably not as much as you think! You've also shown great improvement since the first challenge you entered, red ice! That's something to be mighty proud of!

My 'lazy gene' got the better of me and I decided to just submit what times I had already achieved.

Camaro IROC: 1'49.913

49913.jpg

NSX-R: 1'42.137

42137.jpg

combined times: 3'32.050

See everyone at HSR!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D800.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D801.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Hi unfortunately I wasn't able to post any updates since beginning of week as I joined Detroitbb and came down with a cold during week. Always tend to get one around this time of year Tonight was first chance I got to do any running since last posting and was only able to manage about 15 more laps in total times were.

Camaro IROC: 1'49.271

NSX-R: 1'42.270

Total: 3'31.541

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D800.zip
    58.1 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D808.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
hi guys, here is my submission :

NSX 1'41.243

CAMARO 1'48.234

Total : 3'29.477

:cheers:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B69D340D803.rar
    55.6 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B69D340D802.rar
    55.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hi guys!!
My week, My hardest challenge.This is the best I can pull off.
Thanks to everyone who participated this week.

My submission this week:

WTAC Week 25
Citta di Aria / Forward
Professional
S2 / S2

Honda NSX-R Concept '01
Time: 1'46.590
nsxc.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
Time: 1'52.105
camaroc.jpg

Total Time:
3'38.695

See you at Dan360's week!!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D802.rar
    55.6 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D800.rar
    55.5 KB · Views: 4
My submission this week:

Honda NSX-R Concept '01
Time: 1'41.293

dsc00735small.jpg

Time: 1'47.809

dsc00734small.jpg

TOTAL : 3'29.102 (caltulating with my head so... not sure)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D800.rar
    58 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B69D340D803.rar
    58 KB · Views: 4
I updated my post, couldn't do better...

Hi guys!!
My week, My hardest challenge.This is the best I can pull off.
Thanks to everyone who participated this week.

Thank YOU 👍 !!! Very tough this challenge !

My submission this week:

Honda NSX-R Concept '01
Time: 1'41.293

Time: 1'47.809

TOTAL : 3'29.102 (caltulating with my head so... not sure)

3'29.102 indeed !!! No mistake ;) ! Great job with the Camaro !

Well, I hope Lion-Face will post a 1'40 with the NSX !!! See you at HSR !

Last edited:
A big THANK YOU goes out to red ice for this past week's challenge. The course was very technical and the cars on that track made the challenge quite demanding. It was a fun, if sometimes stressful, week!

Congratulations need to be extended to Pitch for taking home the gold this week. He was closely followed by easyasashii, who was less than .500 seconds behind. This week also sees Dan360 snagging another podium finish by acquiring the bronze. Congrats, guys!

We missed Lion-Face for this past challenge - hopefully we'll get him back for this current event!

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - PiTch_####l (3'29.102)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - easyasashii# (3'29.477)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Dan360#### (3'30.532)###[6 pts]

4th - Sylar #####l (3'31.541)###[5 pts]

5th - Detroitbb .## (3'32.050)###[4 pts]

6th - red ice ###.ll (3'38.695)###[3 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l PiTch_#####.8
2nd #-l easyasashii##l7
3rd #l- lDan360#####6
4th #l-llSylar######ll5
5th #l-l Detroitbb ##.ll4
6th #l-l red ice####llll3

----------------------

WOW!!! An all-European Podium Finish in a track from Europe. 1-2 Finish from guys in France and 3rd from England.

Congratulations!! Pitch, Easyasashii and Dan360!!!

Thanks 👍 ! Unfortunately for us, we didn't see Lion-Face... Is that the beginning of the end of Lion-Face supremacy ? Let's do some maths :

48 points = 6x8points, so 5 weeks to go.

If Lion-Face finishes 1st at all of these 5 upcoming weeks 5x8 = 40 points
PiTch_ 2nd 5x7 = 35 + 43 points

And if by any chances one of us is quiker than PiTch_ for three weeks, PiTch_ and Lion-Face will both have 40 points at week 8 !!!

However, PiTch_ has just got his hands back on his PSP, only has 2 weeks warm up and doesn't like urban tracks... Which means we haven't seen what he is capable of yet !

However, Citta di Aria is a very tough track, every one of us sure can be proud of himself, espacially red ice because he just learned how to drive with the analog !!! 👍

But Detroitbb and Sylar caught a cold at Ice Arena and weren't at their best -And Sylar isn't a big fan of urban track-, and I'm pretty sure Dan360 could have done a little bit better, espacially with the Chevy !...

So, if I was lucky this week, we'll have Dan360's week and then Sylar's week... they sure will do amazing !!! (Then might be rpr101's week, mine, and Detroitbb's ???)

So lots of things can happen in the upcoming weeks !!! Will Lion-Face come back with a Lion's anger ? Will PiTch_ fight back and get faster and become flash gordon ? Will red ice get used to the analog and give us some pressure by running faster after faster laps ? Who will be this season 3rd on podium ? Will we see two frogs :D on podium ???

Let's see... :mischievous:

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for no post this week. I got caught up in my own game of trying to get a certain time and didn't run the 2nd car. Among other things I just ran outta time and was too tired to post when I normally do for the deadline having gotten up early for the F1 race.

Anyway, NSX time was a 1:40.294, but I know a 1:39 is possible and thats what I was trying to get. Undecided whether or not I'll take part next week, theres been a couple of PSP games I've been wanting to get to play but WTAC takes up almost all of my PSP time so I never get around to them. I got half way through MGS Peacewalker back in June but haven't gotten back to it since, I really want to finish that one off, along with Ghost of Sparta....so I may manage a few laps this week, but we'll see. Definitely will be back for week 3 of this season and onwards.

Back