GTP WTAC Week 28 : Rally Challenge presented by rpr101

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 81 comments
I've ran some more laps, and both cars have set a 2'26.7xx.

I have followed Lion-Face's advice, and it has helped me to get faster times. đź‘Ť

2'24.4xx with both cars, a lot of mistake so I think I can improve my times....

but today it's the GT5 release so I think that I am going to leave the psp hanging a few days.

But I shall finish this session of TAC

Has later

2'30.523-- Impreza
2'29.993-- Celica
I'm lucky enough to have more track time now as I've finished my work deadlines. Gotta have guts to attack those pesky hairpins, Especially the long sweeping turn after the first jump. I always tend to mis calculate where I should brake and turn, Either ending up scraping the inside walls or crashing on the outside walls.

img0000g.jpg
l
img0007po.jpg

img0008ac.jpg
l
img0001bw.jpg

Especially the long sweeping turn after the first jump. I always tend to mis calculate where I should brake and turn, Either ending up scraping the inside walls or crashing on the outside walls.

Is that after the first three hairpin turns?

Is that after the first three hairpin turns?

Yes. Probably a bad choice of driving line. As Each time I make a clean lap, its always an overtaking opportunity for my ghost.

I guess I have to avoid the 4 wheel drift in that sweep and instead make a slower entry and boost straight just as sir L-F advised.

now i have a 2'27.965 with the Celica and i almost had a 2'27.942 with the subaru but looking at the replay i love tapped the outside wall of the long sweeping left turn enough to produce one spark =( ill have to try again. but celica is all good =)

now i have a 2'27.965 with the Celica and i almost had a 2'27.942 with the subaru but looking at the replay i love tapped the outside wall of the long sweeping left turn enough to produce one spark =( ill have to try again. but celica is all good =)

Alright! I got a 2'28.030- Celica.

I feel the Celica is more stable but the Impreza has the edge whenever I'm exiting corners.

Its harder for me to get clean laps with the Impreza coz it slides more. Had not tuned both cars at all. As I keep messing up whenever I tinker with the setups. I just raced the car as they were set from the get-go.

Now, encountering problems on the asphalt section's final S-curve. I just noticed that whenever I hug the high curb before the Start-finish line, I got slightly slower speed affecting my final time.

I now drive an extreme Left Line position just before this turn and tried to keep 4 tires on asphalt in order to keep the celica's speed intact until finish line.

I guess this time no tuning at all, and I'm gonna depend on track exposure and experimentation of driving lines to gain better times. Unlike the Grand Canyon challenge wherein I depended on tuning and the Handbrake turn technique, this time its totally different. Using the analog steer is really tricky but more effective.

Last edited:
I didn't attempt any laps last night, but I hope to do so this evening.

No work today so its Tahiti crazy day!!Gonna get serious laps and focus now on clean runs.

Seems every GTplanet member is busy with GT5! :indiff:

Tahiti is really fun !!!

(un)lucky me I'm very busy at work, only have 2x 2'28 unclean... 2x 2'29 clean. I have time this afternoon -two hours- I'll run then !

Good luck guys !

I ran for an hour with the Celica -only- and have a clean 2'26.294 with default settings, I aim a mid 2'25...

Good luck guys !

:gtpflag:

lol... I thought I would be way faster with subaru but I'm not ! 2'26.678 with the sub' ! I'll try harder during the weekend !

Good luck all !

Not really got a chance to do any serious laps yet as picked up GT5 on Wednesday evening straight after work and been spending most of my free time on it since and loving every minute of it. I even don't really mind the standard cars as some of them don't look too bad and I use the bumper camera most of the time anyway so missing cockpit view isn't really that big of an issue for me. I just wish the on-line servers would be more reliable as I have not yet been able to play it on-line. Keep getting the "A connection to the server cannot be established" error even with today's update.:grumpy:

At least we have GT mode to keep us occupied until extra capacity is added to the servers.:)

I did spent about an hour running both cars on Monday night but best lap with the Impreza (2'26.446) was definitely unclean as I touched the barrier on exit of one of the hairpins causing sparks. Not sure about the Celica lap though as not checked replay yet. Will take an hour or two tonight off from GT5 and do some more running.

Okay did some running with both cars tonight best times were.

Toyota - 2'25.394
Subaru - 2'25.710

Not sure if I will do much running tomorrow or not so will probably submit those times.

Celica 2.29.797
img000002x.jpg

Impreza 2.28.315
img000003.jpg

My times, I've got not much time today so I post them now. I will be last I think but whatever ;D
Total = 4.58.112

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B61A9071100.zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B61A9071101.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Could you please write your cars' name + laptimes + combined times too please, I'm not sure you have a 2'26 or a 2'28 with the Subaru...

(hit the "edit" button ;))

Thanks a lot !

Final times:

Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car - 2'25.419
celicap.jpg

Subaru Impreza Rally Car - 2'25.272
impreza.jpg

Combined time: 4'50.691

I've been quite busy from Wednesday to Friday, so I never really got a full week to run my times. I was lucky to set times that should be quick enough for a podium. This week was very fun, whenever I had the chance to play on my PSP, so I hope next week will be the same and that I can run more sessions.

See you next week...

Attachments

• Celica.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Impreza.zip
    55.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest Posts

Back