GTP WTAC Week 28 : Rally Challenge presented by rpr101
*** Two classic Gran Turismo rally cars are presented for rpr101's challenge. The 1995 Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) first appeared in GT3 and was somewhat behind the curve as other competitor's models became more compact with better weight distribution (the Celica GT-Four has a long, sports car-like nose). The ST205 performed fairly well considering that it's previous power advantage with the ST185 was pretty much wiped out when smaller turbo restrictors were mandated by the WRC (from 38mm to 34mm). Toyota kept the same engine from the previous model and someone at TTE (Toyota Team Europe) made a really bad call to use an illegal turbo restrictor. They were caught and Toyota received a 1 year ban from the the WRC. The other car for this event is another highly recognizable vehicle: the 1999 Subaru Impreza Rally Car. This car made it's appearance in GT 2 and can't be discussed without mentioning it's visual scheme. The blue mica paint and bright yellow six-star logo design is something that anyone who has played a GT game will instantly remember. This car was new for the 1999 WRC season and struggled until the 7th round. After that, it racked up podium finishes in seven out of the final eight rounds and finished second to Toyota in the Manufacturers Championship. ***
1. Track : Tahiti Maze (forward)
2. Cars : Toyota Celica GT-Four Rally Car (ST205) '95 & Subaru Impreza '99
IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.
3. Cars specifics:
- Transmission: either
- Tires: DRT / DRT
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional
All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).
Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...
4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Nov. 22nd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Nov. 29th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)
5. Time submission :
You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Nov. 29th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.
6. Rules :
You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.
- NO SPARKS!
The leaderboards will be on the website
8. Current session points leaders:
Place - Competitor - Points
1st #l-l PiTch_####.lll22
2nd #-l Sylar#####lllll19#
3rd #l- leasyasashii##l16#
5th #l-l Detroitbb ##.ll13
6th #l-l red ice######8#(tied)
6th #l-l Lion-Face###..8#(tied)