GTP WTAC Week 29 : easyasashii's Ruf Riders

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 77 comments
Hey everyone! Don't know if you guys remember me, i use to compete back in the beginning of the year. Last challenge I took part in was the Classic Honda Challenge but I had to retire and I've been out of the scene since then because of a long, long, very very long project. Now i'm back (although out of practice) and ready to race again. Any objections if I jump in easyasashii?

ahah nice! Im new too! i want to star racing, it will be nice!:)

Hey everyone! Don't know if you guys remember me, i use to compete back in the beginning of the year. Last challenge I took part in was the Classic Honda Challenge but I had to retire and I've been out of the scene since then because of a long, long, very very long project. Now i'm back (although out of practice) and ready to race again. Any objections if I jump in easyasashii?

PVR!!!

Welcome back! Not only do we not have any objections to your return, we welcome it! datadrainer8 is also joining us for this challenge (though this is his first time in a TAC/WTAC)... so the more, the merrier!

:)

pvr77 !!! Welcome back 👍👍👍 ! Great to see you back on track :D !

And welcome datadrainer8 👍 !

Hope you'll have fun !

:gtpflag:

(a really shy start for me, only had half an hour free time to run the Yellow Bird : 1'39.3xx, default settings... So who said the Enzo was difficult to handle ??? Once the week is over, let's try out the Enzo for a few laps at Fuji '90, just to feel the difference... ;)

Another Yellow bird -Pontiac-:
http://www.78ta.com/yellowbird.php)

I know im a n00b but how can you take pictures in gt psp? i´ve looked all over the place for the answer and i couldnt find it. Sorry for asking :s
By the way , great times! :D

Thanx for the welcome back easyasashii! I can't believe how the TAC has evolved. I missed out on a lot of good racing. I bet you guys picked up a lot of skills over the last few months. I got an hour or two to kill now so I'm gonna take the bird and her younger sister for a quick spin.

I know im a n00b but how can you take pictures in gt psp? i´ve looked all over the place for the answer and i couldnt find it. Sorry for asking :s
By the way , great times! :D

We use a normal camera when taking the pictures that accompany our ghost replay files. I then edit the picture (cropping and adjusting the actual size) using a free program called paint.net (it is only for Windows computers).

I also add Gran Turismo 4 pictures just for fun since pretty much all the cars are the same in both GT4 and GT PSP. Some people with CFW and a screenshot.prx can take real screenshots while playing the game, but they don't as the GT4 pictures look better.

Nice! i´ll try take a photo with my camera, but how can you ajust the camera angles? the two photos on the top look great! i want that kind of results :D

Nice! i´ll try take a photo with my camera, but how can you ajust the camera angles? the two photos on the top look great! i want that kind of results :D

Ahh... those are shots taken with Gran Turismo 4 (for the Playstation 2). To do that you obviously need GT4 and a PS2 - then you choose a track and select 'photo drive'. I then run one lap and then exit out. During the replay, you just hit the 'select' button and you're given a photomode screen with all the options.

But if you don't have a PS2 and GT4, then you can't take those photos (sorry!).

CTR2: 1'38.xxx
feels very good compared to yellow bird...
...a day to go and I'm about to give up on the yellow bird. I think there has to be way for this car. I just can't understand it. Hahahaha!!!!

Omg that cars are so hard to handle! I did now only 1 lap with both (good tires...='))

If this challenge was on R1/R1 tires, it would be a different story. But Easyasashii decided to spice things up. Hahaha!!! Nevertheless this is good training for myself.

Current times:
Yellow Bird(CTR)--1'39.932
CTR2-- 1'38.108

No runs with CTR2, so my 1'34.8xx still stands. I did do some laps with the CTR ('Yellowbird') and got my time down to 1'37.1xx.

CTR2
1'36.944
entirely different from yellow bird's handling. As I think I can push this time faster.

Omg that cars are so hard to handle! I did now only 1 lap with both (good tires...='))

If this challenge was on R1/R1 tires, it would be a different story. But Easyasashii decided to spice things up. Hahaha!!! Nevertheless this is good training for myself.

That's the thing : training !!! If we only run R3, we won't be doing good if there is a challenge with S tires !!! And, I don't how good were the tires back in '87 but I should assume that they weren't as good as '09 ones... Right ? So I tried to stick to reality -that explains the "no TCS" as well !- And sometimes the technics you learn with one car at one track can be very usefull for another car at another track ! I remember telling myself "I've known worse !"

So, thanks to these challenges, Detroitbb and I hope we all get better and better driver with all kind of cars, and learn more about automotive -well Detroitbb does a better job than me, I haven't his knowledge about cars and history !!! shame on me !-

I think I wont have fast times.. I've got this weekend not much time, and when I've got time my laps fail.

Well, try your best ! This week is pretty hard, I don't know how many times I hit restart ! And you might get lucky : 20 quite slow laps and all of the sudden a pretty fast+clean one ! ... then back to slower ones... As I used to say : just write down your first laptime and then compare it with time you post : you'll see you've improved ! The more your practice, the better you get ! We all want to be the fastest one but it already takes time to be fast and clean...

So as long as you post a clean lap, even if it is a little slower than ours, you can be proud ;)

Yellow Bird - 1'36.6xx
CTR2 - 1'33.8xx

No runs with CTR2, so my 1'34.8xx still stands. I did do some laps with the CTR ('Yellowbird') and got my time down to 1'37.1xx.

Still no runs with the CTR2 but was able to run a serious session and I'm catching up with you Dbb : Yellow Bird : 1'37.358 !

I aim a high 1'36.xxx -need to catch up with Dan360 ;)-, I don't think I'll be able to do better than that ! And busy weekend for me too : My niece Bday -1 year old- and my cousin's bday -20- so...

Good luck all !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
My Fellow TACers,
Its been a Fun-filled learning experience joining these wonderful challenges. Lots of thumbaches, headaches but very enjoyable. This week was particularly a hard combo for me, as The YellowBird just can't respond to my efforts.Just as the Black Crowes said, HARD TO HANDLE. Thanks to everyone who has guided me since August!! Guys! you know who you are!
:)

My submission this week:

WTAC Week 29
Fuji Speedway 90's / Forward
Professional
S3 / S3

RUF CTR2 '96
Time: 1'36.252
ctr2.jpg

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
Time: 1'38.071
yellowbird.jpg

Total Time:
3'14.323

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA800.rar
    52.7 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BFC7E3FA801.rar
    54.3 KB · Views: 7
Have a good one red ice!

I finally got the CTR under 1'38....

1'37.8xx.
Edit - 1'37.6xx

Haven't spent much time on the CTR2 but, wow, the under-steer is something else.

Last edited:
Back