GTP WTAC Week 31 : Stock & Tuned Challenge

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 50 comments
GTP WTAC Week 31 : Stock & Tuned Challenge

*** ASL stands for Autobacs Sportscar Labratory and, furthermore, the 'auto' in Autobacs refers to Appeal, Unique, Tire, and Oil. The 'bacs' part is referring to Battery, Accessory, Car audio, and Service. Yes, ASL is basically just a car parts chain store... but it's the coolest automotive parts retailer I've ever known! The ASL Garaiya is very closely related to the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II as the latter company nearly went bankrupt and was bought out by Autobacs in 2001. The knowledge gained in the ZZ-II's production went directly into the making of the Garaiya (even though it's a much lower HP car). It's powered by a Nissan inline-4 engine outputting nearly 200 HP. The engine is the same one that was found in the Japanese version of the Nissan Sentra. This small mid-engine, rear-wheel drive car evokes memories of the Lotus Elise, Opel Speedster, and it's close relative, the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II. The race-tuned version is the one used in the JGTC in 2003 under the ARTA banner. ARTA stands for Autobacs Racing Team AGURI (the team's race director was Aguri Suzuki). This version is obviously better suited to the strains of racing, but both cars will be fun to drive! Please note: we'll be using two different tires for the cars - S2/S2 for the stock ASL Garaiya and R1/R1 for the JGTC race-tuned ASL ARTA Garaiya. ***

*I would also like to thank Dan360 for supplying this week's pictures! Thank you very much, Dan!!!

1. Track : Côte d'Azur

picture.php

2. Cars : ASL Garaiya ‘02 & ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) ‘03

aslstock.jpg
l
aslgt.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2 (for stock ASL) & R1 / R1 (for JGTC tuned ASL)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Dec. 13th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Dec. 20th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Dec. 20th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l PiTch_######.lll36
2nd #- lDan360#####lll..34
3rd #l-l easyasashii####l32#
small_down_arrow.gif
#
4th #l-l Detroitbb ####.ll29
5th #l-llSylar#######ll..24#
small_down_arrow.gif
#
6th #l-l red ice#######l16
7th #l-l Spiral########l.8###(tied for 7th)
7th #l-l Lion-Face#####..8###(tied for 7th)
9th #l-l Jochemvanberkel#l6#
small_down_arrow.gif
#
10th .-l pvr77########.l4#
small_down_arrow.gif
#

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Ok guys, 20 laps session :

ASL Garaiya '02 : 1'52.850 1'52.085 (sorry I misread my time...)
I sure can see a 1'51.xxx but it is too early in the week to see a 1'50 -at least for me-

Good luck all !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Got a chance to do about one hour of running in total last night although at times during some of those laps it felt like I was playing Russian Roulette with the barriers. Best times were

ASL Garaiya ‘02 - 1'52.003
ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) ‘03 - 1'38.143

ASL Garaiya '02 : 1'51.105. 1'51.559

1'50.xxx possible, I aim a mid-high 1'50...

EDIT : Well... as I was struggling to go under 1'51.5xx, I decided to review my 1'51.105 to see where I lose time and found out lap is one yellow spark unclean, right at the end :(

So my current clean time with the ASL Garaiya '02 with L-F Stock Tuning is 1'51.559...

Last edited:
Yesterday I lapped 1'50.152 on ASL Garaiya '02, surprisingly to me, it was one of the first laps I cleared cleanly so the rest of the laps I glided around were kind of a desperate attempt to beat it with no success :P .

But for now I'll read for two exams (need to score the best possible score from both) which are held on Friday (the other one should be fairly easy even without reading, but on the other one we need to know a lot of fault diagnosis for cars and motorbikes, and I really can't infer all of them just by giving it a bit of thought :/ ), so I'll post some updates most likely at Saturday, at least on the Garaiya (JGTC) 👍 .

Good luck everyone and enjoy the wonderful cars and the magnificent track!

P.S. - Wow, just wow, you're great with your words Detroitbb! Just read the last post you made in the previous WTAC thread and you made everything sound just like they should sound, meaning exciting!
And everyone else seems so nice in here as well, I think I might have to stay just because of you guys, even after I get my hands on GT5 :) .

By the way, how can I view the replays? I tried downloading the files and extracting them into the SAVEDDATA (or something like that) folder in the memory stick, but that just created an file which I were able to see as a working one in the "Saved Data Utility" section before starting the game, but in game I couldn't see the replay. After that I tried changing the number at the end of the text (since I already had 2 replays from that track, I changed the number into 02) but it didn't help either, just made the file seem as an corrupted file.
I noticed that the folders name was a bit different from mine (I think my folders had something like "UCES" at the beginning and the ones I tried to view had "UCUS"), so I made it the same, "UCES". This again let me see the file in game under the track, but as a corrupted file. As it was numbered to be 02 at that point, I tried to change it back to the original (01 if I recall correctly) but I forgot that I already had a folder named like that so I couldn't proceed from here, due to lack of interest and I didn't want to remove or corrupt the replay of my own (frustration had a small role as well :P).
So now I'm here, begging for help from you guys. I'd really, reaaally want to view some car.. ehm... incentive, it's one of my favorite pleasures in car racing.

I noticed that the folders name was a bit different from mine (I think my folders had something like "UCES" at the beginning and the ones I tried to view had "UCUS"), so I made it the same, "UCES". This again let me see the file in game under the track, but as a corrupted file.

If the replay folder names have the "UCUS" prefix then they are from NTSC version of gran turismo while your replays had the "UCES" prefix which is used by the PAL version of the game. Unfortunately I don't think you can view NTSC replays with a PAL version of the game.

Thank you for the kinds words, Spiral!

:)

Sylar pretty much summed it up well:
Replays are locked by region. UCUS is the North American version. You can only see UCUS replays by loading/viewing with the UCUS version of the game. Same goes for UCES (European), UCJS (Japan only), and UCAS (South Korea and other parts of Asia).

I have to get assistance to view UCES replays for the WTAC. I have one person that doesn't compete here who helps me when I can get a hold of them - otherwise, Easyasashii lends a hand and confirms clean laps for me (and I'm grateful). I take care of the UCUS copies myself. We did once have someone compete for a few weeks with the UCAS version, but we've never had someone with the UCJS copy in the WTAC!

By the way, how can I view the replays? I tried downloading the files and extracting them into the SAVEDDATA (or something like that) folder in the memory stick, but that just created an file which I were able to see as a working one in the "Saved Data Utility" section before starting the game, but in game I couldn't see the replay. After that I tried changing the number at the end of the text (since I already had 2 replays from that track, I changed the number into 02) but it didn't help either, just made the file seem as an corrupted file.
I noticed that the folders name was a bit different from mine (I think my folders had something like "UCES" at the beginning and the ones I tried to view had "UCUS"), so I made it the same, "UCES". This again let me see the file in game under the track, but as a corrupted file. As it was numbered to be 02 at that point, I tried to change it back to the original (01 if I recall correctly) but I forgot that I already had a folder named like that so I couldn't proceed from here, due to lack of interest and I didn't want to remove or corrupt the replay of my own (frustration had a small role as well :P).
So now I'm here, begging for help from you guys. I'd really, reaaally want to view some car.. ehm... incentive, it's one of my favorite pleasures in car racing.

You can only review UCES (Europe mostly but Lion-Face's too -NZ-) and if you have two replay with exact folder name, you can't watch both ! So, if you want to review other UCES drivers laps, cut+paste your own replay in a folder in your computer, then copy+paste the one you want to review ! All of them in the SAVEDATA folder. If you change anything -> corrupted.

If you still have problem, PM me ;) !

New times from last night... but I'm still struggling with trying to find a good tuning setup; especially for the stock ASL.

ASL Garaiya ‘02: 1'51.2xx

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) ‘03: 1'38.3xx

First times from me:

Stock - 1'50.8xx
JGTC - 1'37.2xx

ASL Garaiya ‘02: 1'51.2xx

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) ‘03: 1'38.3xx

Great job guys 👍 ! I had a pretty good start at the beginning of the week, then I didn't have the chance to run again... I just tried the ARTA for ten laps and got a 1'38.476...

I know the week isn't over yet but I know it won't be easy to catch up !

Good luck all !

PS @ Dan360 : My goal was to be faster than you this week if I'd like to have a chance to finish 2nd but, seeing your times, it won't be easy :ill:... espacially knowing that you still can be even faster than that :scared:;) !

EDIT : and my 1'51.105 lap with the yellow sparks right before La Rascasse for Spiral !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A01.rar
    56.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
PS @ Dan360 : My goal was to be faster than you this week if I'd like to have a chance to finish 2nd but, seeing your times, it won't be easy :ill:... espacially knowing that you still can be even faster than that :scared:;) !
I've improved my times quite a bit from Wednesday.
:sly:

Stock - 1'50.0xx
JGTC - 1'36.7xx

I just want to make a clarification that was, up until now, a bit misleading: I had the 'No Sparks!' listed under the Rumble/Ripple Strips section and it could of given the wrong impression that bottoming out your car on the rumble strips was forbidden (it's actually OK). Only sparks created from hitting a wall or other barrier is against the rules.

In fact, I don't know if it's even possible to created sparks in GT PSP from lowering your car too far. I saw it in GT4 all the time, but have never seen it in the PSP version. Has anyone experience a spark that way?

I suppose there's no exceptions for almost invisible (sparks makes it visible) touches with the wall on the straights.
But is it allowed to save a replay instead of saving the ghost? The fastest lap I have usually has some little sparks in it so that ruins saving ghost of the best lap.
I just wish there were some middle ground between sparks and grazing the wall (just so lightly that the paint from wall will move to the car and could be rubbed away).

I just want to make a clarification that was, up until now, a bit misleading: I had the 'No Sparks!' listed under the Rumble/Ripple Strips section and it could of given the wrong impression that bottoming out your car on the rumble strips was forbidden (it's actually OK). Only sparks created from hitting a wall or other barrier is against the rules.

👍

I suppose there's no exceptions for almost invisible (sparks makes it visible) touches with the wall on the straights.
[...]
I just wish there were some middle ground between sparks and grazing the wall (just so lightly that the paint from wall will move to the car and could be rubbed away).

No exceptions... We all experienced a lap we were 100% sure it was clean then a yellow spark coming from nowhere killing the joy we had ! We did two challenges at Citta di Aria and believe me, if there were exceptions, we would have posted yellow sparked laps ;) !
So no exceptions... (which is frustrating sometimes but I'm sure we'll benefit from it...)

But is it allowed to save a replay instead of saving the ghost?

Not instead of ! If you want to upload both, up to you but we need the Ghost of the fastest lap.

The fastest lap I have usually has some little sparks in it so that ruins saving ghost of the best lap. ).

I know how you feel, wanted to keep your unclean lap because it was faster than all of the laps you ran before and you would like to know where you can be faster then all of the sudden, a clean lap only -0'00.003 slower -> you can't save it because it is not the fastest of your session !!! We experienced that too ! And still are ! So if at the beginning of the week I run laps after laps, once I'm in a serious position and now this is hard, I usually run 1-2 laps max then hit restart : in that way, when I just run a pretty fast lap, I can review it without saving it or exit the combo to watch it through GT Theater, if it is clean, I save the ghost, if not I quit and come back to start a new session... I'm sure you'll find a way too ;) !

some new times from me

stock 1'51.3xx
race 1'38.4xx

Great Job 👍 !

Dan360, I don't know how you did it man !!! You're freaking fast !!!

Could anyone in Europe check my replays first corner, whether it's legit or not? I may or may have not hit the edge of the wall with my rear tire in the first corner. There's not a single spark so I have no idea :confused:.

Anyways, time to run some laps on the race car.

Forgot to add the attachment :lol:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A02.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 8

Latest Posts

Back