GTP WTAC Week 31 : Stock & Tuned Challenge

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 50 comments
spent about an hour on each car tonight and improved my times a bit

stock 1'50.6xx
race 1'38.0xx

the tuned version of this car is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

i know the rules for city tracks are a little different so just to confirm, we are not allowed to have all four tires on an inside rumble strip, are we? like the corner right after the hairpin.

Sorry this photo interval came late... I was meant to post it on Friday, but I was too busy that day. I will post the third interval, and my final times ;), tomorrow.

stock4w.jpg
stock3wr.jpg

jgtc4.jpg
jgtc3.jpg

Could anyone in Europe check my replays first corner, whether it's legit or not? I may or may have not hit the edge of the wall with my rear tire in the first corner. There's not a single spark so I have no idea :confused:.

Sorry, I can't review your replay, I'm using my psp to go on internet... However, if there is no spark and you sure your car didin't make a sound or all of the sudden changed direction, I would say clean ! There is still time to run so I hope you'll run faster and 100% sure clean laps ;) ! -I'll check when I got time though but can't promise it would be before deadline... sorry-

So here is the thing, with the JGTC, I have a 1'36.958 clean, a 1'36.165 one tiny little yellow spark unclean and everything in between is either unclean or slower, and it went like this for two hours !!! I'm so exhausted... Hope to do better tomorrow (I'm sure some of us are in the 1'35 !), And I think my stock time will remain the same -I want to have at least a <1'36.5xx with the JGTC...

Good luck all !

Hi all, this is the end for me. No run this week, i'm only playing GT5.

The PSP is switched off since one week.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

see you later

i know the rules for city tracks are a little different so just to confirm, we are not allowed to have all four tires on an inside rumble strip, are we? like the corner right after the hairpin.

Are you talking about the Loews turn as seen in this photo that Dan took:

jgtc4.jpg

Typically you're right, we usually allow the competitors to go from wall to wall as city courses don't have the wide run-off areas that a purpose-built race track does (so cutting a turn typically isn't possible). Now, we did have some restrictions on the New York course because of some of it's tight turns combined with extra wide rumble strips (it was possible to cheat in a few areas at that course).

If the corner in question is indeed the Loews turn (seen in the picture), then I think that it isn't quite wide enough for you to really 'cut' the corner. In fact, I think you might actually lose a bit of time if your car jumps up onto the rumble strip and you don't have those tires firmly on the tarmac - the tires can't accelerate the car if they're in the air!

I'll allow it, but if someone has a different opinion on the matter, feel free to speak up as I'm always willing to revisit the situation!

Hi all, this is the end for me. No run this week, i'm only playing GT5.

The PSP is switched off since one week.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

see you later

It was great to have you for a second time, Pitch! Hopefully you'll find some free time in the future to join us again (round 3!).

Thank you for all your effort - it was an honor to be multiple seconds behind you each week!

👍

Are you talking about the Loews turn as seen in this photo that Dan took:

jgtc4.jpg

Typically you're right, we usually allow the competitors to go from wall to wall as city courses don't have the wide run-off areas that a purpose-built race track does (so cutting a turn typically isn't possible). Now, we did have some restrictions on the New York course because of some of it's tight turns combined with extra wide rumble strips (it was possible to cheat in a few areas at that course).

If the corner in question is indeed the Loews turn (seen in the picture), then I think that it isn't quite wide enough for you to really 'cut' the corner. In fact, I think you might actually lose a bit of time if your car jumps up onto the rumble strip and you don't have those tires firmly on the tarmac - the tires can't accelerate the car if they're in the air!

I'll allow it, but if someone has a different opinion on the matter, feel free to speak up as I'm always willing to revisit the situation!

I was actually talking about the right turn just after the Loews hairpin, sometimes my left front tire will go onto the rumblerstrip and (correct me if i'm wrong) as far as I'm concerned this makes for a unclean lap.

Still haven't managed ti improve my times from last night at all. I'm gonna put half an hour or so in with each car and then i'll upload my times.
Good luck to all.

Started working on my laps too late, and now I feel like I've hold a sneeze, since I just know the times would have been better if I just managed to perform every corner well enough in one lap :grumpy:. But hey, that's how it's for almost everyone :dopey:.

Enjoyed the stock car a lot and the race car was fun too, even though I've almost grown tired of using race cars :P .

Anyways,

ASL Garaiya '02 - 1'49.370

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 - 1'36.614

dscf7716r.jpg

dscf7710i.jpg

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A01.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 8
  • UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A02.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Here is my entry...

Stock 1'50.626
Race 1'38.095

Total 3'40.010

photo0093kb.jpg

photo0090b.jpg

I really enjoyed this weeks challange! See you guys on the next track!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A00.rar
    54.9 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A03.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
I was actually talking about the right turn just after the Loews hairpin, sometimes my left front tire will go onto the rumblerstrip and (correct me if i'm wrong) as far as I'm concerned this makes for a unclean lap.

Still haven't managed ti improve my times from last night at all. I'm gonna put half an hour or so in with each car and then i'll upload my times.
Good luck to all.

After running some more laps last night, I saw what rumble strips you were talking about... and those are fine to have your inside tires touch.

👍

stock: 1'50.458

50458.jpg

tuned: 1'38.105

38105.jpg

combined times: 3'28.563

See everyone in The City of Lights!

👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A01.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B7927CF4A00.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
Final times:

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 - 1'36.275
jgtc.jpg

ASL Garaiya '02 - 1'50.019
stockw.jpg

Combined time: 3'26.294

See you next week...

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• JGTC.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Stock.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 4
My submission :

ASL Garaiya '02 : 1'51.172

ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 : 1'36.852

Total : 3'28.024

I wish I had more time to play this week -and were more lucky when I had it ;)- !!!

Loved the combo 👍 !

See you next week ;) !

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A00.rar
    58.6 KB · Views: 4
  • UCES01245RPLY-B7927CF4A05.rar
    58.2 KB · Views: 4
Could anyone in Europe check my replays first corner, whether it's legit or not? I may or may have not hit the edge of the wall with my rear tire in the first corner. There's not a single spark so I have no idea :confused:.

It is clean ! So you have a 1'49.370 ! 👍

And because you posted it before deadline, I don't see why we wouldn't accept this one -espacially when you asked for our help and we couldn't do so before deadline... could you please edit your submission + a new photo ?- !

So here it is :

1'49.370 + 1'36.614 = 3'25.984 !!! :eek::eek::eek:

:bowdown: Spiral !

I'm updating the website ;) !

It is clean ! So you have a 1'49.370 ! 👍

And because you posted it before deadline, I don't see why we wouldn't accept this one -espacially when you asked for our help and we couldn't do so before deadline... could you please edit your submission + a new photo ?- !

So here it is :

1'49.370 + 1'36.614 = 3'25.984 !!! :eek::eek::eek:

:bowdown: Spiral !

I'm updating the website ;) !

Thanks! :cheers:

There weren't too many participants this week :P .

Edited the post with my times, noticed that I forgot my signature... Taking a new picture in a sec :D .

Alright, done with the post. And sorry for the far away picture, focus is broken in some way in the camera which I'm using, and that's the only way I can snap a decent enough picture :| .

Last edited:

That happens from time to time. People come; people go. We kind of expected to lose some competitors with the release of GT5. We know for sure that we'll be seeing the return of another racer (red ice) when he returns from a month-long vacation. He should be back in the first week of January.

Unfortunately no...

I think PiTch_, Lion-Face and Sylar will spend most of their time on GT5 and might just pop in some time to time... and there have been a lot of come and go since last year ! Some drivers ran 2-3 times then stopped, some tried, left, came back, left again... ! C'est la vie !

red ice will come back next year 👍 and I'm sure we'll have the great surprises to have old members coming back or new ones trying out WTAC ! It has been like that for more than a year so...

Well, as long as the strong core of this whole system (you guys) will remain active, I should do so as well. Though I still wish this would be more popular. It's a wonder why this isn't already, since it's pretty easy to enjoy participating these challenges :P .

Another very strong showing from Spiral this week! He bested Dan with the stock ASL Garaiya, but was beaten with the JGTC-tuned version. It was a close victory on a tricky course. Many congratulations to both Spiral and Dan360! Third place this week goes to easyasashii who was the fastest of the remaining three racers - all of whom were in the 3 minute and 28 second range.

Week 31 brought about many changes to the overall leaderboards. Four competitors moved up in the standings while three dropped from their past positions. Dan360 jumped up and secured first overall (great job, Dan!) and easyasashii also moved up to 2nd overall. Spiral advanced one position into a tie with the idled red ice (6th place) and pvr77 leapt two spots and is now tied with Lion-Face for 8th place overall (good job, pvr77!).

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Spiral####l. (3'25.984)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360##.l. (3'26.294)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - easyasashii# (3'28.024)###[6 pts]

4th - Detroitbb #######l###. (3'28.563)###[5 pts]

5th - pvr77 #############l (3'28.721)###[4 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360#####lll..41#
small_up_arrow.gif
#
2nd #- leasyasashii####l38#
small_up_arrow.gif
#
3rd #l-l PiTch_######.lll36#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Detroitbb ####.ll34
5th #l-llSylar#######ll..24
6th #l-l Spiral#######ll.16#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l red ice#######l16###(tied for 6th)
8th #l-l pvr77########.l8#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 8th)
8th #l-l Lion-Face#####..8#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 8th)
10th .-l Jochemvanberkel#l6#
small_down_arrow.gif
#

----------------------

Back