GTP WTAC Week 32 : From A Concept To A Dream

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 34 comments
GTP WTAC Week 32 : From A Concept To A Dream

*** We start week 32 with the 2001 Mitsubishi concept car, the CZ-3 Tarmac... and we end with Polyphony Digital's 'dream' interpretation of that concept car, the CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car. Not being actual cars that ever made it to production (though the later Colt used some elements of the CZ-3), there isn't much information available. Both were turbocharged 4-cylinder engines with 4WD and the same ACD/AYC as found on the Mitsubishi Evolution. This resulted in some people calling the CZ-3 a 'mini' or 'baby' Evo after the concept car was revealed to the world. I believe that both of these cars are NFS (Not For Sale) in Gran Turismo 4, so I may or may not be able to take photos of it for this week. I'll just have to see how much free time I have to devote to obtaining the vehicles. Regardless, we should all enjoy these cars on the track! ***

1. Track : Opéra Paris (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac ‘01 & Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car

cz3_tar_tmv_01.jpg
l
cz3_tar_wrc_01.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2 (for 2001 'concept') & R1 / R1 (for the 'dream' rally car)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Dec. 20th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Dec. 27th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Dec. 27th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.

Because this is a 'city course', we are free to use the whole road surface - just don't hit any wall or barriers!

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360#####lll..41#
small_up_arrow.gif
#
2nd #- leasyasashii####l38#
small_up_arrow.gif
#
3rd #l-l PiTch_######.lll36#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Detroitbb ####.ll34
5th #l-llSylar#######ll..24
6th #l-l Spiral#######ll.16#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l red ice#######l16###(tied for 6th)
8th #l-l pvr77########.l8#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 8th)
8th #l-l Lion-Face#####..8#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 8th)
10th .-l Jochemvanberkel#l6#
small_down_arrow.gif
#

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Any preliminary times? I did run a few laps with each car (I forgot how bumpy/uneven the tarmac is at Opera Paris!), but I don't remember my times at this moment.

After 3x3 laps in arcade mode with the stock I had an average of 1'35.9-8xx best laptime ! I haven't got the time to do more running yet...

Good luck !

EDIT : what about the track's borders ? -> Walls ? What about the yellow painted area ? -espacially at turn 3 (h)- ?

Just did a few test laps with a little tuning using the stock Tarmac, 1'35.691.

I also have a doubt about the boundries at turns 3 and 4, should we keep the inside tires off the yellow line? And also only two tires on the rumble-strips at all times, right?

I made an amendment to the rules (I should have done so previously): we are free to use the whole tarmac surface as long as we don't hit any walls/barriers. Don't worry about the rumble strips either - consider them as part of the road so you are free to ride on them as you wish.

1'37.1xx with the Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac ‘01 and 1'26.2xx with the Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car.

The stock CZ-3 sure doesn't feel like it's 4WD or AWD to me! Then again, it may just be the S2 tires!

:)

My vacation started today so that means much more time to race!:)

Woke up at midday :sly: and put in about an hour and a half, 15 laps at a time with each car.

Concept - 1'34.9xx

Rally - 1'24.9xx

I agree detroit, the stock Tarmac has a unique kind of feel to it. Do you think its because of the AWD and the really short wheelbase?

I agree detroit, the stock Tarmac has a unique kind of feel to it. Do you think its because of the AWD and the really short wheelbase?

Possibly... I just used it in GT4 and it seemed so much more stable. But, then again, I might have accidentally forgot to turn off TCS (I hate how Gran Turismo games have TCS/ABS on by default!).

Sorry guys, no new times for me, I wasn't expecting to be that busy with family coming everyday, people coming at home and living with us for few days ! This week is crazy ! I'll try my best to post times but they won't be impressive at all !

Unless I got pretty lucky Sunday and Monday :mischievous: !

Haven't really had the chance to drive these cars as much as I'd have wanted, having similar time problems as easy :P .

Timed a 1'25.6xx on the rally car yesterday, ran out of time and that session left me wondering what kind of a setup should I use on this one. Should I let the car slide a bit, or should I go with full grip.
Tomorrow will be way too busy (Christmas day), so again, the weekend will show what happens, perhaps Monday morning (I doubt it :P).

^ Yep ! Busy week !

I just ran for a short half an hour with the Stock and got a 1'34.152...

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL !!!

EDIT : 1'32.990 while they were napping :D ! I was pretty slow at first section so I should be half a second faster than that before deadline. Fastest times should be in the 1'31.xxx... Good luck !

Last edited:
Last times from me until after Christmas...

Stock - 1'33.563

Rally -1'24.264

Merry Christmas to all TACers and may all your wishes come true!!

I've improved my time for the rally car, down to a 1'22.9xx, but no improvement for the concept.

Merry Christmas!! :)

Magnificent track + car combo, and that's one hellish time Dan!

Had enough time to get a 1'23.110 in the clock on the Rally car, but since it's such a bliss to drive, I think I'll still try to improve it a bit.

Have a cozy Christmas Day :lol:

Magnificent track + car combo

:D ! 2 Tarmac cars on a two-types tarmac ;) !

Just ran my first one hour session with the rally car this morning and got a 1'23.470 with a weird lap : not the best driving line nor the best braking points but my fastest one !

I can see myself half a second faster than that but I don't know if I'll have the time to -same for the stock- !

Good luck and have fun !

Last edited:
CZ-3: 1'33.613

33613.jpg

CZ-3 rally car: 1'23.644

23644.jpg

combined times: 2'57.257

See everybody on January 3rd!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F00.zip
    54.3 KB · Views: 4
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B5436D75F01.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
The second corner (2J) is one mean corner.. There's so little space to put your tires on between the hole and the inside wall. Hitting the hole slows you down too much, avoiding it from the outside is pretty much the same as if you hit it. I love it, but wouldn't want to have the hole there if I were driving a real car :lol:.

1'31.879 on the stock car so far, I'll try to improve it so I won't post my results just yet.

Edit:

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 - 1'31.801

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car - 1'22.800

Combined time - 2'54.601

dscf7723.jpg

dscf7737y.jpg

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B5436D75F00.zip
    53 KB · Views: 4
  • UCES01245RPLY-B5436D75F01.zip
    53 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
As I was afraid, I didn't have the time to run more laps except for a 5 laps session yesterday evening with the Rally car, nothing amazing happened !

Here is my submission :

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 : 1'32.990

Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac Rally Car : 1'23.423

Combined times : 2'56.413

Have fun at Sesame and see you January the 3rd ;)

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B5436D75F00.rar
    54.4 KB · Views: 4
  • UCES01245RPLY-B5436D75F04.rar
    53.8 KB · Views: 4
Back