GTP WTAC Week 33 : New Year; New Session

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 60 comments
GTP WTAC Week 33 : New Year; New Session

*** I'm going to keep this short and sweet: we are going to be using two cars from the 2003/2004 JGTC seasons... both of which competed in the GT300 class. These are the two best GT300 cars in this game - by far. The RE Amemiya has a slight HP advantage, but the Wedsport Celica has a notable torque advantage; and is lighter weight too. Both of these cars will display their prowess on a very challenging circuit - Suzuka. So, I'd like to welcome back all the competitors for not only the start of a new racing session, but a new year as well! ***

1. Track : Suzuka (forward)

picture.php

2. Cars : RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04 & Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03

img0000gu.jpg
l
img0008hq.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jan. 3rd 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jan. 10th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jan. 10th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

Not too much to do here at work today :D so I've been working on this..

RX7 2'09.5xx
Celica 2'08.8xx

Loving the WEDSSPORT !!

RX7 : 2'08.059

(early in my session so was pretty optimistic but couldn't do better even after half an hour practicing... well, I'll be in the 2'07.xxx before deadline ;))

Good luck !

Welcome back from here too, red ice! Don't know each other yet, but it's always better to have more competitors in events like this :P.

Going to leave my times as a secret this time, until Sunday evening. Should be more thrilling this way.

Its been a while since I posted and I missed last few challenges but with new year thought I should start to take part again and post some times. Also need a break from GT5 for a while as I have reached point where only events I have left are the 24hr races I don't have time for and the Vettel event which having spent the last few days trying I am finding impossible to get close to gold times using just a controller. Have a feeling I will end up leaving those events until I get round to investing in a proper wheel setup for PS3 at some point in future.

Anyway did some running with both cars tonight the Toyota definitely feels alot faster than the RX7 although both cars fell good over an entire lap so should be a fun week. Best times were

RX7 - 2'07.592
Celica - 2'06.7xx

Did manage a 2'06.5 with Celica but when checked replay it looks like had both wheels on inside kerb during final part of last chicane so no good.:banghead: Spent about 45 minutes trying to recreate lap but best was still two tenths off.

^ Awesome ! You're back 👍 !

Already at 2'07.592 with the RX7... trouble for us ! As usual... I usually have a 0'55.4xx first split at best, feel good about that but I'm pretty slow after that : Hairpin, Spoon but more espacially at 130R and Casio Triangle... Each time I have a better ghost at last split, I'm too stressed and end messing up these two !

I haven't run properly with the Celica yet, I try to focus on the RX7 : keep the best part for the end ;) !

Going to leave my times as a secret this time, until Sunday evening. Should be more thrilling this way.

:scared::scared::scared:

Good luck everyone !

Celica - 2'06.7xx

Did manage a 2'06.5 with Celica but when checked replay it looks like had both wheels on inside kerb during final part of last chicane so no good.:banghead:

And already some mean times on Celica :crazy: !

But anyways, at the very last corner, when you exit the chicane and you only have only two tires touching the outside Rumble strips (none in contact with the tarmac), is it against the rules to drive so? Or if not, when is the inside of the last corner counted as the inside?

a month of zero gtpsp racing has taken effect.currently 2.12.xxx with the rx7.hoping to get at 2sec behind you guys...well,at least

Got the RX-7 down to 2'08.5xx now, still got the Celica on the back burner. My biggest problem is the Degner turns at the moment, I can't figure out if its better to keep it in 2nd or 3rd gear. Also kind of struggling to find a good setup for this track.

But anyways, at the very last corner, when you exit the chicane and you only have only two tires touching the outside Rumble strips (none in contact with the tarmac), is it against the rules to drive so? Or if not, when is the inside of the last corner counted as the inside?

Is it touching like half in half out -so 2 tires out and 2 halfs of tires out- (I would say unclean) OR they're on the rumble strip -the green painted area just after the white+red part is considered part of the ripple strip I guess- (I would say clean) ?

Is it touching like half in half out -so 2 tires out and 2 halfs of tires out- (I would say unclean) OR they're on the rumble strip -the green painted area just after the white+red part is considered part of the ripple strip I guess- (I would say clean) ?

Meant to say ripple strip instead of rumble in the first post, oh well :P .

If we look only at the chicane, it would be clean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

but the fact that there's another corner right away, the last corner, kind of makes me uncertain, since if we only looked at that corner, it'd be unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean

and that's the problem.

^ well, if the chicane is clean, that's the most important I would say (that's why we made these rules : to avoid drivers cutting chicanes).

You say it is the last corner -so on the right-, you first have rumble/ripple strip+green painted area then only red+white -so no green painted area- that goes on the right (pretty far from the chicane by the way...)... If you have two tires on the rumble strips I would say this is "ok" but I must say it would put us in a difficult position and we'll need to review it to be sure... The Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) also says :

NB: If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it unclean.

So what you can do is to keep that one if you think it would be your fastest one and submit it + another one 100% sure clean.

We could review both of them, review the one that giving you a hard time, ask each other and even vote (I remember having done this before) !

You also could record it with APN, use quicktime to review it with your CPU and make some screenshots (Prt Sc button or print screen, I'm sure you'll find the right button, no need to download a software !) + youtube.

Still early in the week, I'm sure you'll do better ;) !

EDIT : Well, as I looked at the rumble strip again, we could say that the chicane's outside part of the rumble strip ends when the green painted area ends, then starts the inside part of the new -and last corner-. There, if you have two tires out and two on the rumble strips, that should be considered unclean if we see that you'd have the possibility to try to avoid being unclean but choose to go for the corner instead. Very hard to judge here but that would be my limit : the green painted area + we can see you're trying all your best to go back on tarmac in order to have two tires in -> clean. But if we see you're going for the corner whereas you could have avoided to be unclean -> unclean. Sorry, I'm having a hard time to explain in english, I hope you understand what I'm saying... Just to be sure, I'm sure you're just being honest and more afraid of being unclean than trying to find a way to go quicker, that's why I think we'd go for the clean. But the decision is yours : if you need our help to help you decide, you can post your replay now or for deadline -with another 100% clean- so that you can have our point of view on the matter ! Fuchur did the same few months ago, he wasn't 100% sure and posted 2 times. We all have doubts ! Good luck !

Last edited:
Got a change to do some laps with the RX-7 tonight and found a better breaking point for hairpin and line through Spoon curve to get a 2'07.111. Don't think I can get much more out of RX-7 I was still feathering throttle though 130R on lap to make sure I hit the hit apex if I could put together same lap again and took corner flat might be able to find another tenth at most I think maybe.

Back