GTP WTAC Week 33 : New Year; New Session

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 60 comments
I finally managed to run some laps:

Celica - 2'06.3xx
RX-7 - 2'07.9xx

I'm aiming for a high 2'05 with the Celica, as I had a couple of mistakes in my hot lap. As for the RX-7, a low 2'07 is possible.

img0004u.jpg
l
img0010sa.jpg

img0012tl.jpg
l
img0003wuk.jpg

Did some more laps tonight. No change in my time with the RX-7 but did manage to improve on my previous best Celica lap with a 2'06.203.

I haven't even run either car in the last few days... I've just been super busy!

RX-7: 2'08.046

08046.jpg

Celica: 2'07.473

07473.jpg

combined time: 4'15.519

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 5
Just after managing to break the 2'06 barrier in the RX7 with a 2'06.885. That will be it from me as I can't improve any more will upload replays and pictures within the next hour.

^ Nice !

I just came home from a long weekend out, ran for one hour with the Celica -finally !!!- I got 2 unclean 2'06 and a clean 2'07.155.

Hope I'll have time to run another hour tomorrow.

Still sam etime with the RX7 !

Good luck !

Here's my entry, had a lot of fun with this one but Suzuka is such a tricky track. I always end up making a mistake either in the first or second half, never got a truly satisfying hot-lap.

RX-7 2'07.869
dsc02118v.jpg

Celica 2'07.022
dsc02116n.jpg

Total 4'14.891

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E702.zip
RX-7 2'06.885

Celica 2'06.203

Total 4'13.088

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E702.zip
    58.4 KB · Views: 6
Drove quite an amount of laps on the Celica before Saturday, when I switched into the RX-7. Got a 2'07.2xx on the first day, and at Sunday figured out a great setup for it and late in the night I were very optimistic of getting a 2'05.7xx-8xx on it, but the best attempt at getting it was around 1am (got an unclean 2'06.052) and after that it was just a tired guy trying to force a great lap (drove till 4am..) :P. Probably could have used a new setup on the Celica too, but I were too obsessive about getting a 2'05.xxx on the RX-7 so missed the chance :/. Great cars, great track, loved the challenge!

RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04 - 2'06.264

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 - 2'06.262

Total 4'12.526

dscf7745.jpg

dscf7749i.jpg

Posting pictures tomorrow ASAP :nervous:

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
WTAC Week 33Course: Suzuka Circuit / Forward

Hi Everyone! Struggled to catch up with you guys but I'm satisfied with my times this week especially with Celica. I failed to resolve my racing line issues with the hairpin and Casio Triangle as I experimented several lines and braking points but ended up getting slower exit speeds.
Thanks to Easyasashii for sharing some tuning insights. It worked for the Celica though I changed the Front Toe to +.30.
Its nice to be back here. :) Spiral, pvr77, Sylar, Dan360, Easyasashii, Detroitbb,

I still didn't get the chance to read the New Combos thread so I'm rather confused with how the new challenges will evolve.

My times this week:

Vehicle: RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04
Time: 2'08.324
Professional
R1 / R1

Vehicle: Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
Time: 2'07.604
Professional
R1 / R1

Combined Time: 4'15.928

I'm not currently capable of taking exterior snapshots of my PSP, so anyone who's got some spare time to copy my replays to their PSP , just to take 2 shots for "RED ICE". Needing some help in here??.(Paging Detroitbb...hehehe) I saved my times in slot 3 & 4 so as not to overwrite your own save files. Thanks!!! :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E703.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E704.rar
    53 KB · Views: 6
I only ran 3 sessions this week, as I was quite busy. Hopefully I can run more sessions next week. Anyways, here are my times:

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 - 2'05.972
celica.jpg

RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04 - 2'06.869
rx7nd.jpg

Combined time: 4'12.841

See you next week...

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Celica.zip
    55 KB · Views: 7
  • RX-7.zip
    55 KB · Views: 6
My submission :

RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04 : 2'07.639

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 : 2'07.155

or

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 : 2'06.842 (I haven't checked my replays yet, I think I went too far at the degner curve -on the green painted area just after the red/white rumble strips...)

Uploading photos ASAP...

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E700.rar
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E701.rar
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
  • UCES01245RPLY-B1EE068E702.rar
    55.2 KB · Views: 5
@pvr77
thanks!! I think we need to put our names on a slip of paper and put it on top of the screen.
:)

Thanks, pvr!!!

By the way, I don't need the piece of paper with red ice's name on it... I can easily match the photo up with the replay files.

A new year; a new racing session! We were blessed to have returning to our competition three seasoned racers: pvr77, Sylar, and red ice. To say it's nice to have them back would be a major understatement! We also picked up a highly skilled (and very fast) challenger, Spiral. This will be his first full racing session, so I fully expect Spiral to seriously compete for an overall podium finish. Dan360 has fully transformed himself into a week-in-and-week-out threat... he's another one that I anticipate seeing on the final podium. If I was a betting man (and I'm not), I'd assume that Sylar would join those two - but you know what they say about assumptions: "it makes an ass out of you and me"!

For this first week of racing, Spiral took top honors, Dan360 grabbed 2nd place, and Sylar got 3rd. All three were about half-a-second apart in their overall times. Easyasashii and pvr77 were tightly grouped; as was red ice and myself. All in all, I was impressed with everyone's times as Suzuka is a very challenging track! Thanks for bearing with me as this past week has been quite busy - I hope to be a bit better prepared and organized going forward.

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Spiral####l. (4'12.526)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360##.l. (4'12.841)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Sylar#####l (4'13.088)###[6 pts]

4th - easyasashii ######### (4'14.794)###[5 pts]

5th - Detroitbb #######l###l (4'15.519)###[4 pts]

6th - red ice ############l (4'15.928)###[3 pts]

7th - pvr77 ############# (--------)###[DNQ]

----------------------

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Spiral#######..l8
2nd #-l Dan360#####lll..7
3rd #l-llSylar#######...l6
4th #l- leasyasashii####l5
5th #l-l Detroitbb ####l.l4
6th #l-l red ice#######l3
7th #l-l pvr77#######.llDNQ

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Amazing job guys ! :D !

This year sounds good !!! 👍

Here you go red ice...

That was very nice of you 👍 !

Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 : 2'06.842 (I haven't checked my replays yet, I think I went too far at the degner curve -on the green painted area just after the red/white rumble strips...)

Checked and here is what I have :

What would you say about that guys ?

(I'll update the website ASAP, pvr77, I won't forget about your Sesame time ;) )

Not sure what everyone else thinks but to me it looks fine. Judging by shadow it looks like the right wheels are still on the first green painted area just after the white/red kerb so I would say you still had two wheels on rumble strip on outside of a corner which is allowed.

Thanks, pvr!!!

By the way, I don't need the piece of paper with red ice's name on it... I can easily match the photo up with the replay files.

No problem! I thought if the lap-time matches the photo it should be ok:sly:

@pvr77
thanks!! I think we need to put our names on a slip of paper and put it on top of the screen.

You're welcome! 👍

What would you say about that guys ?

(I'll update the website ASAP, pvr77, I won't forget about your Sesame time ;) )

My vote is that it's a clean corner!

(Don't worry easyasashii, I know you've been busy lately)

Thanks for your point of view guys 👍

Here is why I'm confused :

Clean or Dirty lap :

- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.

Do you think we should be more specific about the rumble/ripple strips : what it is, where does it start and finish ?

Because if here it's a green painted area which could be considered as the part of the rumble/ripple strips (so red-white r/r strips + green painted area), it couldn't be where there aren't r-w r/r strips. And sometimes -e.g. Grand Valley- you also have grey area just after the r-w r/r strips...

To speak the truth, I consider my 2'06. unclean because I'm not on the r-w r/r strips -I already PM Detroitbb about that- but I think it would be great to know what you guys think about that kind of off-limit -am I being too severe with myself ?-...

So, the r/r strips does or does not include the green/grey area directly stuck to it ? Or, only the r-w r/r strips are considered last piece of tarmac at an outside corner ?

I really think we should be more specific... No ? Too many rules kills the rules ? :confused:

The top photo is clearly OK; the second pic looks out to me (I count the red & white rumble strips only; not the green part).

Either way, easy's standing doesn't change - he'd still be in 4th place with an overall time of 4'14.794.

I think we should stick with "only the r-w r/r strips are considered last piece of tarmac at an outside corner" ... or red+yellow rumble/ripple strips ;) !

Leaderboards updated ! (pvr77)

Interesting facts -unless I'm mistaken :scared:- :

Podium RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) '04 :
- Spiral
- Dan360
- Sylar

Podium Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 :
- Dan360 ( :bowdown: 2'05 )
- Sylar
- Spiral

:D !

Great job guys 👍 !

PS : And they all are faster than us with both cars... ;) !

I think I have a problem with my RX-7's entry 'cause in the Degner curve I went onto the green part of the rumble strip, sorry if this is unacceptable i misunderstood the rules for clean, unclean laps. In the past I've always stayed on the red/white part but after reading the rules again before this session I thought it would be ok to be on the green in a rumble/ripple strip.

So Detroit, should I upload my second fastest lap?

@easy
Argh! So close that it's annoying, right? But I agree with Detroit and you in this one, since as long as the rule was standing there in the challenge, we should be congruent with it.

Back