PureGT_Sam
GTP WTAC Week 34 : Red Bull Corrida !

1. Track :Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo

222222.jpg

2. Cars : Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 & Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00

Your photos would be more than welcomed ;) !​

img0189zd.jpg

Thanks Dan360 đź‘Ť !

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jan. 10th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jan. 17th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jan. 17th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

Last edited:
Haven't had the chance to run serious laps here before. Just for S-class completion last year. So I guess I need to have more track time in Valencia. I already got the Audi, so I guess I'll race it first.

I rarely run on this track, so this week will be challenging to me. I'll do my best to get at least one photo of each car in GT4. Too bad this track wasn't included in GT4. :(

Too bad this track wasn't included in GT4. :(

I agree. It's in this (GT PSP) and Tourist Trophy; it would have been wise to include it in GT5 too.

I am familiar with the track from the SBK Superbike games on the PSP (I own one) and it has a nice mixture of high/low speed turns and is quite technical.

SLightly bumpy on straights and corner exits . or is it just my imagination.

Currently winning 1'37.xxx with the Audi on Single Races S-class. Needing some cash!!! for the Supra. Any Time Trial times from you guys? just to set the bar.

SLightly bumpy on straights and corner exits . or is it just my imagination.

Currently winning 1'37.xxx with the Audi on Single Races S-class. Needing some cash!!! for the Supra. Any Time Trial times from you guys? just to set the bar.

Not run this track before so spent some time last night just trying to familiarise myself with it and times were in the 1'39.xxx ranges with supra which is quite a bit off the pace. Hopefully should improve as I get used to track. The lack of trackside features compared to the other track is making it difficult for me to find references for braking points so often end up nailing a corner one lap then missing the braking point next.

Currently running high 1'34.xxx with the SUPRA and a little slower with the TT.

Btw, anybody know if the blue line on the rumble strip is in or out?

Btw, anybody know if the blue line on the rumble strip is in or out?

If it's just past the red/yellow striped area, then consider it 'out'.

I run one lap with each car and got a 1'39.xxx (Audi TT)and a 1'37.xxx (Toyota Supra).

Hi guys ! Happy to know that for some of us Ricardo Tormo will be a "discovery" ! Very good and technical track ! Hope you'll like it !

IMPORTANT NOTE :

-the rumble/ripple strips are limited to the red-yellow rumble/ripple strips, green areas aren't considered as part of the rumble/ripple strips !

If it's just past the red/yellow striped area, then consider it 'out'.

- pay good attention to your ghost replay saves : the supra's name is too long and you might not see your laptimes so try to be carefull before saving your new ghost, try to remember which one is the one you shouldn't erase !

I ran one hour total and here is what I have :

- Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 : 1'36.073
- Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00 : 1'34.907

I definitely feel better with the JGTC so I might spend more time with the TT first !

Good luck !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
New times after a late night session last night. Gonna suffer at work today.

Audi 1'35.5xx
Toyota 1'34.6xx

Both clean.

Last edited:
Nice screenshots red ice đź‘Ť !

New times for me too, just after I posted yesterday's message, I decided to run 5 more laps and got a 1'35.573 with the Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 at lap 3 ! I'll try to run tonight before going to bed !

Good luck !

Hello everyone!! I find this competitions very interesting and fun, so I wanted to join the club last week just to find out that when I was to submit my lap times my Niece was using the psp minutes before and formated my memory stick by mistake :ouch: then realize that I didn't have a backup and lost the GT savegame with all cars unlocked. I wanted to jell to hell histericaly :mad: but contained myself because my Niece was there. I golded the license again to buy both cars for the competition this week and hope to join it. My laps are on the high 1`33 with bot cars right now. Hope I'm fast enought to compete with you guys. ;)

Welcome on board MVR08 đź‘Ť !

And with a high 1'33 with both cars, you're definitely fast enough ! In fact, if you could stop here right now that would be great !... just kidding ;) !

On a more serious note, make sure you read all the rules !

Good luck !

:bowdown: WTAC ! :D

Hello everyone!! I find this competitions very interesting and fun, so I wanted to join the club last week just to find out that when I was to submit my lap times my Niece was using the psp minutes before and formated my memory stick by mistake :ouch: then realize that I didn't have a backup and lost the GT savegame with all cars unlocked. I wanted to jell to hell histericaly :mad: but contained myself because my Niece was there. I golded the license again to buy both cars for the competition this week and hope to join it. My laps are on the high 1`33 with bot cars right now. Hope I'm fast enought to compete with you guys. ;)

Welcome, MVR08!

We always enjoy new competitors to the WTAC!

đź‘Ť

Tanks guys... I don't coment much because english is not my native language but I have followed GTP religiously the last two years (And men that GT5 development was painfull and funny at the same time to follow here LOL. :gtpflag:) and I'm very excited test my driving skills with very talented guys on here. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words ! Hope you'll enjoy your first challenge and will become a WTAC addict like us ;) !

Last edited:
Welcome from me too, MVR08!

Haven't tried out the Audi yet, but hit a 1'33.322 on the Supra. Thursday and Friday I'll be pretty much too busy to play, so I'll most likely post some updates on Saturday :P .

As a side note, saw my first sparks from the ground, though those came from the gravel.

Back