GTP WTAC Week 34 : Red Bull Corrida !

Hello everyone!! I find this competitions very interesting and fun, so I wanted to join the club last week just to find out that when I was to submit my lap times my Niece was using the psp minutes before and formated my memory stick by mistake :ouch: then realize that I didn't have a backup and lost the GT savegame with all cars unlocked. I wanted to jell to hell histericaly :mad: but contained myself because my Niece was there. I golded the license again to buy both cars for the competition this week and hope to join it. My laps are on the high 1`33 with bot cars right now. Hope I'm fast enought to compete with you guys. ;)

Welcome to WTAC!

So far, I've only managed to run one session with both cars. My current times are:

TT-R - 1'35.3xx
Supra - 1'34.2xx

Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02

img0190z.jpg

img0186v.jpg

img0188v.jpg

img0189zd.jpg

Supra photos on Sunday ;)

Have a cuestion.. If you have three wheels outside the white line of the landscape of turn 7 or turn 10, is that clean or unclean?

Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

Read this and take a look at easyasashii's photos in the week 33 thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=152670&page=3#post4546896. This should clear things up for you!

What I was trying to say is this:
screen2yx.jpg

Clean or not?
PS: That's turn 10.

I would say unclean so consider it unclean first and try to not do that again to be safe... I'll try to confirm that statment ASAP, I need different points of view... -pretty sure it will be "unclean" though...-.

Good luck !

Last edited:
Well.. it's pretty difficult to decide between clean and unclean here since it isn't written in the rules, but I'd go with unclean. Reasoning for that is that as far as I know, the track is defined by those lines and in this case it's very obvious, because we can see that the line separates the course from some other route. There is no rumble/ripple strip there either so it wouldn't be saved by that rule which allows all tires outside of the track.
But as I said, as far as I know it's unclean. I don't know for sure if it's legitimate to drive there, so my answer is vague as well :( .

No thats not clean, i think both right tires need to be inside the white line.

Or on the line I guess, but I'm being a comma hoe with this I guess xD .

We've actually dealt with this exact same issue before (same spot on the track; same placement of the car/tires). We collectively decided that it was 'out' of bounds because of the white line.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, MVR08!

just purchased the denso sard supra! after 30laps i switched to a NO 2ND GEAR RULE... i got a clean 1'34.xxx ... sloppy exits, TTlap @ 1'35.xxx with 2nd gear...
regarding mvr's photo...its unclean in my opinion.

WELCOME TO WTAC!!!MVR08

Last edited:
This week was very challenging for me. The Supra loves to oversteer, and it was hard to get a fast lap from the TT-R. I rarely race on this track, so that was a new learning curve for me. I'll definetly visit this track again.

My final times:

Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00 - 1'33.268
supralk.jpg

Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 - 1'33.958
ttrj.jpg

Combined time: 3'07.226

Note: I did manage to set a 1'32.8xx in the Supra... unclean. Went way too wide coming out of corner 10. :scared:

See you next week...

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• Supra.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 6
  • TT-R.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 6
Still no changes.. Just noticed that my Supras 1'32.6xx time had in turn 10 only one tire on the tarmac, cut too much. Haven't even tried the audi yet, but I still have about 4h time to get the times up so something should pop up :scared: .

Edit:
This is some interesting development... Thumb started hurting too much and I won't force myself into playing. Really messed up this week, probably put around 20h just into driving and still no time, haha! Need to start saving some pack up replays. I'll see if I can time some laps tomorrow in school, but I most likely won't be able to return back home before the deadline so this week I'll most likely have no time to compete with. But don't get used to this, I'll try to make up for this next week!

P.S. Fabulous photos!

Last edited:
First of all, I want to thank both red ice and Dan for their fabulous photos! Secondly, I feel the need to mention that I'm really not that fast - ha ha ha!

Audi: 1'35.535

35535.jpg

Toyota: 1'35.061

35061.jpg

combined time: 3'10.596

:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E01.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Here's my entry for this week's challenge...

Audi 1'35.050
dsc02122g.jpg

Toyota 1'33.994
dsc02121hd.jpg

Total 3'09.044

I really like this track, it was quite a challenge braking into those long corners. Would love to race on this track with some supercars.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E02.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 5
I'm still alive!!! I had problems with my PC this weekend, and had to reinstall Windows.
I'm done with my times now. Looking forward to uploading in the morning.
Note: Nice PICS guys!!!

Last edited:
WTAC Week 34
Course: Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo / Forward

Hi guys! Acquiring the Supra just 2 days ago gave me less time to get to know its handling but I'm still satisfied with the results. As my usual self, slow starter and still learning the trade especially when driving these fast cars.
YES I hate to admit it, but ...I really had the hardest time at TURN 1. I keep messing up the entry angle but still I just continue the lap. I know its a simple turn but I just can't make a consistent turn there.
I really enjoyed this circuit, especially during single races!!

See you guys next week.

My times this week:

Vehicle: Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Time: 1'35.647
Professional
R1 / R1
snap041g.png

Vehicle: Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA GT (JGTC) '00
Time: 1'34.530
Professional
R1 / R1
snap040.png

Combined Time: 3'10.177

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E08.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E09.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 6
Well, this is it!! :) My times!!
Toyota: 1'33.021.
toyotau.jpg

Audi: 1'33.555.
audiiz.jpg

Cars Notes: Well... I learned some things about those cars: First, the Supra have better brakes, handles a little bit better (maybe because of my suspension settings) and have more power, but likes to oversteer on low speed corners... overall a faster car. The Audi is easy to drive (Don't suffer of the oversteer problem in third gear the Supra has) but hard to master on this track. Conclution: I like both cars more now... :)

Track Notes: While this isn't one of my favorites tracks, is certainly a good one to race. I'm an agressive driver (Overagressive most of the time he he!) and this track fit me well with tose slow entry fast exit turns. Pushing the car to the limits made me improve my skills a little bit, and I'm very happy for it.:dopey:
Well.. thats it, see you next week and tanks alot.:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E05.rar
    52.8 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.rar
    52.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Well, this is it!! :) My times!!
Toyota: 1'33.021.
toyotau.jpg

Audi: 1'33.555.
audiiz.jpg

Cars Notes: Well... I learned some things about those cars: First, the Supra have better brakes, handles a little bit better (maybe because of my suspension settings) and have more power, but likes to oversteer on low speed corners... overall a faster car. The Audi is easy to drive (Don't suffer of the oversteer problem in third gear the Supra has) but hard to master on this track. Conclution: I like both cars more now... :)

Track Notes: While this isn't one of my favorites tracks, is certainly a good one to race. I'm an agressive driver (Overagressive most of the time he he!) and this track fit me well with tose slow entry fast exit turns. Pushing the car to the limits made me improve my skills a little bit, and I'm very happy for it.:dopey:
Well.. thats it, see you next week and tanks alot.:gtpflag:

Wow, those are some blazing laps MVR08! Looks like we got another really strong competitor.

After I receive all the confirmations of clean laps, then I'll post up the final standings for this week and the overall standings too.

A very strong inaugural entry into the WTAC by MVR08: 1st place! Congratulations on the victory! Second place goes to Dan who secures the silver trophy for a second week in a row. Rounding out the podium finishers with the bronze is our very own, pvr77! Congratulations! I would also be doing a grave injustice if I didn't mention red ice's strong 4th place effort. He continues to show steady improvement on the tarmac (he's already very strong on rally tracks) and now I'm eating his dust and staring at his tail lights! Great job, red ice!

Here we are after week two of the current racing session - I'm calling this "Everybody Gets An Arrow" week! Well, technically... everybody but MVR08 got a position change arrow (this is his first official week). Lots of movement on the overall leaderboards equals a lot of opportunities to improve one's standing. We witnessed Dan360 move up into first place overall with another 2nd place showing. That then left four competitors in a tie for second place (red ice, MVR08, Spiral, and myself). It also meant that two racers (pvr77 and Sylar) were tied for sixth place overall. Maybe an alternate name could have been "Everybody Is Tied" week!

----------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08#### (3'06.576)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360##.l. (3'07.226)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - pvr77####.l (3'09.044)###[6 pts]

4th - red ice ############l (3'10.177)###[5 pts]

5th - Detroitbb #######.###l (3'10.596)###[4 pts]

----------------------

Current session points leaders: