GTP WTAC Week 36 : Italian 'mini' Stallions

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 38 comments
GTP WTAC Week 36 : Italian 'mini' Stallions

*** This 1965 Alfa Romeo GTA was a noteworthy 2-door sports coupe that was widely raced in both Europe (ETCC) and North America (SCCA's 'Trans-Am' series). It was light weight and featured a well tuned engine. When full prepped for the race track, the output was able to be raised up to 170 HP. The version we are using here is only 113 HP, but this sweet bella still has a little pep in her step (relatively speaking). The 1991 Lancia Delta was also the king of the WRC for many years and this particular Delta (HF Integrale Evoluzione) was created in an attempt to hold of Toyota's surging momentum in the World Rally Championship. It was a 4WD beast with a low, wide stance that helped to add stability when the 2-liter engine released her energy. It put out roughly 207 HP and 224 ft. lbs. of torque in a 47/53 split favoring the rear tires. This is yet another example of a homologation car - that is, racing regulations required that the same technology exist on the production version for public sale as on the race/rally versions. These are our two 'Italian Stallions' for this week. I added the qualifier 'mini' because one tends to think of a Lamborghini or Ferrari first when the term 'Italian Stallion' is uttered about cars... but these two autos certainly have the racing heritage to back up their own claim to the name! ***

I finally got both cars and took their respective pictures, but if anyone else cares to share their photos with the group, then by all means do so!

1. Track : El Capitan (forward) & Cathedral Rocks Trail I (forward)

picture.php

picture.php

2. Cars : Alfa Romeo Giula Sprint GTA '65 & Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione '91

alfas.jpg
lllllllllllllll
lancial.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S2 / S2 (El Capitan) & DRT/DRT (Cathedral Rocks Trail I)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jan. 24th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jan. 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jan. 31st 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

----------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360#######21#
small_up_arrow.gif

2nd #-l MVR08#######.16
3rd #l-l Detroitbb ####l#13#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l red ice#######l12#
small_down_arrow.gif
#(tied for 4th)
4th #l-l pvr77#######.ll12#
small_up_arrow.gif
#(tied for 4th)
6th #l-l Spiral#########8#
small_down_arrow.gif

7th #l-l Sylar#########l6#
small_down_arrow.gif

8th #l-l easyasashii####.ll5

----------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Attention:

We must submit a time for each car on each course... so make sure you post all four replays/photos!

The Lancia primarily did rally races (but also a few road races); the Alfa Romeo mainly did road races, but also dabbled into rally races from time to time. This combination gives us the ability to see each car on their primary race surface, as well as their secondary ones. It'll be a bit more challenging, but should be pretty fun in the end!

wow! yosemite week! this is gonna be long rides around the park.i chanced upon the integrale so im going out for a spin.

after my 1st runs with the integrale;
2^11.xxx
1^59.xxx
this is a really nice car;track combo
good luck everyone
:)

I did a few runs with each car @ each track...

Cathedral Rocks Trail I

• Alfa Romeo GTA: 2'10.943
  • Lancia Delta: 1'59.495

El Capitan

• Alfa Romeo GTA: 2'13.578
  • Lancia Delta: 2'06.912

Some improvement with Integrale at El Capitan:I catched Up with Detroitbb's time.
2'05.xxx
after tinkering with Ride Height.Springs.Dampers
-20/-20
4/4
2/2

Toe and Camber at 0

I feel minimal braking is the key in this track as the Integrale grips so well at these types of corners. This car has great potential!

I think I'll have to set aside the Dirt tires first and focus on the tarmac.

Great shots!

I assume you have the code that allows you to be able to control the camera? I wish I could do that on my son's PSP!

I've run a session with both cars on the rally course and this is what I've got so far...

Lancia: 1'56.3xx. The car was stock and is possible to put a low 1'54 and with the right tuning a 1'53.xxx.

Alfa Romeo: 2'05.3xx. Stock too, I'm looking for a low 2'04. If only I could find a setting to give the car more grip on the 2nd gear... then a 2'03.xxx is possible.

I've run a session with both cars on the rally course and this is what I've got so far...

Lancia: 1'56.3xx. The car was stock and is possible to put a low 1'54 and with the right tuning a 1'53.xxx.

Alfa Romeo: 2'05.3xx. Stock too, I'm looking for a low 2'04. If only I could find a setting to give the car more grip on the 2nd gear... then a 2'03.xxx is possible.

My best times (with full tuning) will never even be close to your first times with stock settings! I'm hoping that I might be in the 1'57.xxx range with the Lanica when I submit my final times. With the Alfa Romeo, I hope to have a 2'06.xxx at the end of the week. Rally events are my Achilles Heel, but I do have a lot of fun with them.

Nice! times!

Wow... then you must have a lot of patience to wait for those great shots.

I just do many single races. MANY! and whatever appears to be a good view, I snap it. :)
I just acquired the GTA. got a 2'11.xxx at El Capitan.

I want to say that I'm a novice on the tuning deparment with little to no experience at all. I slowly learning the art so when I said that could save a second or more with the right settings that doesn't mean I would find that "right" setting, so don't get thrilled:) he he.

Also want to say that you need to be as smooth as possible with these cars even on the straights to gain as much speed as you can, and even when you are in a 'light' corner the cars tend to slide a litte bit and you're losing speed by that, so correcting that and keeping the car as straight as possible is key.

These attached files are my first sessions with both cars so you can see what I mean and you can see something that would help you or help me to do faster laps.:sly::)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-FE97636FB00.rar
    54 KB · Views: 10
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BE97636FB02.rar
    53.1 KB · Views: 7
I want to say that I'm a novice on the tuning deparment with little to no experience at all. I slowly learning the art so when I said that could save a second or more with the right settings that doesn't mean I would find that "right" setting, so don't get thrilled:) he he.

Also want to say that you need to be as smooth as possible with these cars even on the straights to gain as much speed as you can, and even when you are in a 'light' corner the cars tend to slide a litte bit and you're losing speed by that, so correcting that and keeping the car as straight as possible is key.

These attached files are my first sessions with both cars so you can see what I mean and you can see something that would help you or help me to do faster laps.:sly::)

Thanks! for sharing. I'll try comparing my lap 3days ago to your file. All I can say about rally car settings is I do L-F tuning (zero on all settings) and Just try my best to avoid 4wheel drifts, and just keep hugging the apexes and keep my eye on SPARKS. This actually what I do on the past rally challenges.

I keep the tunings for the tarmac as I see more effect on it rather than off-road. I really can't tell the difference in tuning on gravel surfaces. Its a sign that I really suck at tuning.

I hope we all can improve our times both tarmac and off-road.

El Capitan times:
Integrale--2'04.xxx unclean ( very small spark!)
GTA-- 2'10.xxx unclean (took a slight shortcut)

can't seem to beat my own unclean ghosts!

off_topic.
its official psp2 also known as NGP.will be out dec2011. ps3 titles are compatible so im hoping gt5 wil also get psp2 launch date

Thanks! for sharing. I'll try comparing my lap 3days ago to your file. All I can say about rally car settings is I do L-F tuning (zero on all settings) and Just try my best to avoid 4wheel drifts, and just keep hugging the apexes and keep my eye on SPARKS. This actually what I do on the past rally challenges.

I keep the tunings for the tarmac as I see more effect on it rather than off-road. I really can't tell the difference in tuning on gravel surfaces. Its a sign that I really suck at tuning.

I hope we all can improve our times both tarmac and off-road.

That's exactly how I feel about tuning for gravel surfaces and the same approach I took too.:)

I'll be done with rally tonight so I can concentrate on tarmac this weekend.

rocks
wow!!!that hairpin combination is really tricky! i think it is worth 2seconds if taken real clean.

Back