GTP WTAC Week 52 : Shigegaki's Special

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 65 comments
GTP WTAC Week 52 : Shigegaki's Special

*** Fifty-two weeks equals one year (Happy Anniversary to the WTAC!) and for this special occasion, TAC founder Shigegaki, has chosen for us three cars to be run on three separate tracks. This will be a challenge, but one in which we will surely enjoy ourselves. This week's winner will be chosen by the lowest combined time for all three tracks/cars... that's pretty much standard operating procedure, but here's the twist: this week's event will not count towards the current WTAC racing session (we'll pick it back up for Week 53). So join us in celebrating one year of WTAC (a very special THANK YOU goes out to easyasashii for creating the WTAC that we all know and love)! ***

SPECIAL NOTE:

1) The Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo is to be run at Mid-Field Raceway (forward).

2) The 1970 Nissan Skyline is to be run at Tsukuba Circuit.

3) The RUF Yellowbird is to be run at Trial Mountain (forward)

1. Tracks : Mid-Field Raceway (forward) / Tsukuba Circuit / Trial Mountain (forward)

picture.php
l
picture.php
l
picture.php

2. Cars : Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo / Nissan SKYLINE Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) ‘70 / RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87

pdformula.jpg
l
nissanskyline.jpg
l
rufyellowbird.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R3 / R3 (for PD Formula GT) N3 / N3 (for Nissan Skyline) S3 / S3 (for RUF Yellowbird)
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday May 16th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday May 23rd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday May 23rd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

SPECIAL NOTE:

1) The Polyphony Digital Formula Gran Turismo is to be run at Mid-Field Raceway (forward).

2) The 1970 Nissan Skyline is to be run at Tsukuba Circuit.

3) The RUF Yellowbird is to be run at Trial Mountain (forward)

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
*** So join us in celebrating one year of WTAC (a very special THANK YOU goes out to easyasashii for creating the WTAC that we all know and love)! ***

A very special THANK YOU goes out to Jordan for letting us having fun here ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to Shigegaki, TAC founder ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to you Detroitbb, for doing such a great job ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to all the WTACers for being such fast gentlemen ! :bowdown:

:gtpflag: WTAC :gtpflag:

:cheers:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to Jordan for letting us having fun here ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to Shigegaki, TAC founder ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to you Detroitbb, for doing such a great job ! :bowdown:

A very special THANK YOU goes out to all the WTACers for being such fast gentlemen ! :bowdown:

:gtpflag: WTAC :gtpflag:

You totally forgot to thank yourself! Without you (the one who started the WTAC and put in all the effort to see it through) we wouldn't even be here!

Thank you very much, easyasashii!

I have the Skyline and the Yellow Bird (<3333), but ****, 5000000 for the PD. Auuuuugh. I bet it's gonna be another week lost :<<<<

Hi guys, Its been a while since I have taken part in one of these events but easyasashii sent me a message that an anniversary event had been organised so thought I would try to put in some laps as well. Have not picked up GT PSP in months so am out of practice with PSP controls as not had a lot of time for gaming recently due to time constraints. Ran 10 laps in each car best times were.

Nissan - 1.15'823
Formula Gran Turismo - 0.57'126
Ruf - 1.39'9

I had forgotten how difficult the Formula Gran Turismo was to control on PSP spent first few laps constantly spinning out at turn 7 even though its a 4th gear corner.:lol:. I am really out of practice have become too used to DS3.

Hi guys, Its been a while since I have taken part in one of these events but easyasashii sent me a message that an anniversary event had been organised so thought I would try to put in some laps as well. Have not picked up GT PSP in months so am out of practice with PSP controls as not had a lot of time for gaming recently due to time constraints. Ran 10 laps in each car best times were.

Nissan - 1.15'823
Ruf - 1.39'9

I had forgotten how difficult the Formula Gran Turismo was to control on PSP spent first few laps constantly spinning out at turn 7 even though its a 4th gear corner.:lol:. I am really out of practice have become too used to DS3.

Amazing initial times! Sylar's back. 👍

My first run with the Yellowbird:
1'43.xxx :grumpy:

Nissan - 1.15'823
Ruf - 1.39'9

Yay you're back! How's progress on GT5, have you beaten the X2010 challenge yet?

Yay you're back! How's progress on GT5, have you beaten the X2010 challenge yet?

Unfortunately not although I have silver on Monza but just can't do any better than bronze on Nurburgring/Suzuka using DS3. I think I really need to start to thing about investing in a proper wheel setup. Have finished most of rest of A-Spec mode though apart from the two 24hours races and the 9hour Tsukuba event. Will probably leave 24 hour races until the option to save mid race in introduced or next time I have some time off from work so that I can tackle it over a few days. Really beginning to wish that more of PSP tracks were included in game though as I miss driving alot of my favourite tracks from previous game.

L-F tune laps
PDF GT--0'55.xxx unclean
Skyline--1'30.xxx clean
YellowBird--1'41.xxx unclean

Last edited:
A couple of laps with the PD Formula GT yielded a time of 1'00.977.

Three laps around Tsukuba with the 1970 Skyline 2000GT-R ended with my best time: 1'15.757

In five attempts, I was only once able to make a complete and clean lap. That time was 1'45.063

Nissan - 1.15'823
Ruf - 1.39'9

Good to see you again, Sylar!!

:) 👍

I have the Skyline and the Yellow Bird (<3333), but ****, 5000000 for the PD. Auuuuugh. I bet it's gonna be another week lost :<<<<

Do you have anyone you could trade with for the PD Formula GT? It's not a shareable car, but it is tradeable!

First laps (half an hour with each car, default settings, zeroed toe, TCS 3 for the PD F1)

Nissan - 1.15'624
PD - 0.58'305 (0'57.787 unclean...)
Ruf - 139.357

EDIT :

L-F tune laps
PDF GT--0'55.xxx unclean
Skyline--1'30.xxx clean
YellowBird--1'41.xxx unclean

I should go for L-F Tuning with the PD F1 ;) !!!

Got a chance to run another few laps in the RUF and Formula GT after watching tonights Game of Thrones which was another great episode. Times were :

Formula GT - 0'55.075
RUF - 1'37.948

Will probably be midweek before I get a chance to do any more running.

Ran around 30 laps with the PD F1 untuned and got 56.2xx. It's my first time driving the Formula style carts in GT and I'm having some problems judging braking distance and staying on my line, these things are just so crazy fast. :scared:

Sylar
Formula GT - 0'55.075
Welcome back Sylar! Fast as always. 👍

Last edited:
First times from me:

PD F1 - 0'54.492
RUF - 1'37.525
Skyline - 1'15.342

A video of my lap with the F1 car:

The F1 car is a lot harder to control in GT PSP compared to GT4. It wont turn unless you put some throttle around a corner. Initially it sounds like a bad idea but it should work. For high speed corners, like turns 3-4 and 10-11, ease off the throttle to turn without coming off the track.

I don't know why but I decided to upload the video on 1080p HD. :dopey: The original video size was 360x240 as it was recorded on my phone.

I barely know people with PSPs, and the ones I know don't care about gaming :<

If I had either a PS3 (to access Ad-Hoc Party) or wireless internet (to access Xlink Kai), then I'd give you one of mine... but, sadly, I can't do that.

:(

I did a couple of 5 laps races with the FGT, managed a best lap of '52.9xx. This car likes to lose the rear tyres grip while cornering hard so I thought that TCS at 1would do wonders to this car but I was wrong, the car still manage to lose grip but the most shocking thing wasn't that, I found the car turns better without TCS even in places were the assist should not be working like the flat out S-like turn. Maybe is something of mine but the car felt lighter without TCS.

Okay lots of confusion on the Trial Mountain's rules. On corners 7, 8 and 9, I can cut through the yellow markings, right? Before the 12th corner, can I use the outside border? (on the right side)

(also, thanks Detroitbb :P)

So far I have 1:40.1 with the RUF. Gonna try with the Skyline now. edit: or so i thought I was - turns out I don't have the Skyline either. So yeah, huh, how does the Suzuki Escudo compare to the PD?

Last edited:
Okay lots of confusion on the Trial Mountain's rules. On corners 7, 8 and 9, I can cut through the yellow markings, right? Before the 12th corner, can I use the outside border? (on the right side)

That's right, you can also use the left border coming out of turn 13.

Yes to all (the yellow-striped areas & the border - just don't hit the walls!).

:)

I'll quit WTAC for some time until my psp is repaired. Because I had a totally new game data for playing GTP with another psp... My colleague's old psp is not good enough to play such a game requiring intensive manipulation...

^ good to know 👍

I tried L-F tuning for the PD F1 for a couple of laps just before going to bed yesterday evening and were faster at the first lap !

Now I have a 0'56.831 (previous time was 0.58'305)

So still a lot of practice is needed but I'm heading in the right direction :D !

Have fun :cheers: !!!

So yeah, huh, how does the Suzuki Escudo compare to the PD?

uhmm, we can't really compare the monster rally machine against a Formula 1 car. The monster Escudo excels primarily on Uphill rally racing and the PD Formula GT excels on Tarmac.

5 laps for Skyline HT
1'17.xxx

Back