GTP WTAC Week 58 : Excessive Downforce

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 48 comments
WTAC is known to have really fast drivers. the key in GTPSP's time attack will always be practice, dedicated time and lots of patience. Providing your undivided attention to the game will yield the best results.

Red ice, would you like to check another replay, especially in Turn J entry and in the tunnel, Turn A exit? And show me your comprehension about the border of the track and the function of white lines. Thanks

Attachments

• storm.zip
    53 KB · Views: 13
INSIDE CORNER
as long as I still see 2 tires on the tarmac its ok. The white lines are spread too much inside the tarmac and so the area of concern is still very large as compared to basing it solely on rumble strips.

OUTSIDE CORNER
if all 4 tires touched the grass, hard to judge if there's no strip at all.

My opinion still stands, its clean. Both Storm and RX7.

But then again, our racing steward and host will be the official judge. I'm sure he'll let you know as soon as he gets himself online
:)

The white line isn't always the end of the tarmac (generally, there is usually a bit of tarmac after the white line). As long as a little bit of your tires are still in connection with the racing surface (tarmac), then it is clean.

I didn't review the replay (the PSP is unavailable at the moment), but if red ice says it's clean, then I'm 100% certain that I would also find it clean.

By the way, I didn't do any laps last night thinking that my times would be competitive. Now I think that I might have miscalculated! Oops!

INSIDE CORNER
as long as I still see 2 tires on the tarmac its ok. The white lines are spread too much inside the tarmac and so the area of concern is still very large as compared to basing it solely on rumble strips.

OUTSIDE CORNER
if all 4 tires touched the grass, hard to judge if there's no strip at all.

My opinion still stands, its clean. Both Storm and RX7.

But then again, our racing steward and host will be the official judge. I'm sure he'll let you know as soon as he gets himself online
:)
:) Thanks for your reviewing. I think I hold the same opinion as yours, both to the rules and to my replay:) I just got confused and not certain sometimes. Since for me it's hard and rare to get a good result, I prefer it is an absolutely qualified result which will make me very happy.

The white line isn't always the end of the tarmac (generally, there is usually a bit of tarmac after the white line). As long as a little bit of your tires are still in connection with the racing surface (tarmac), then it is clean.

I didn't review the replay (the PSP is unavailable at the moment), but if red ice says it's clean, then I'm 100% certain that I would also find it clean.

By the way, I didn't do any laps last night thinking that my times would be competitive. Now I think that I might have miscalculated! Oops!
You Did miscalculate much! Hahaha! 2 seconds gap is a long way to catch in my view. However, I think it's still possible for you to hold your podium. Good luck, Detroit:)

Thanks!!

Mazda RX-7: 1'14.174

14174.jpg

Lister Storm: 1'15.307

15307.jpg

combined time: 2'29.481

I hope to see you all in Paris for our next challenge!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE00.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE01.zip
    53.7 KB · Views: 5
My tuning was a let down for me this week.. I was encouraged went I reach first times of 1'15.0 with the Lister but my final times says it all hehe!

My submission:

Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car: 1'12.495
0407110103.jpg

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99: 1'14.994
0407110104.jpg

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE01.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE03.rar
    52.6 KB · Views: 5
My entry... tried to improve my time with the Lister quickly this morning but didn't improve by much... hopefully this week I'll have a bit more time to race.

Lister Storm 1' 16.827
pic0000c.png

Mazda RX-7 LM 1'15.403
pic0001s.png

Total time 2'32.230

See everyone in Paris!

👍

@ vaughan - really good times this week man! Keep it up. 👍 👍

Attachments

• Lister.zip
    53.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Mazda.zip
    54 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My entry... tried to improve my time with the Lister quickly this morning but didn't improve by much... hopefully this week I'll have a bit more time to race.

@ vaughan - really good times this week man! Keep it up. 👍 👍
Hehe, thanks. Just got 1'16.xxx once, average time is 1'17.xxx.
Now I found why you were so quiet this week. Wish you good luck next week.
I'm struggling to complete my driving license challenges as a relax from WTAC practices, to upgrade bronze to silver, silver to gold.

WTAC Week 58

Hope this makes it.

Course: Deep Forest Raceway / Reverse

Vehicle: Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99
Time: 1'18.333
Professional
R1 / R1
stormtr.png

Vehicle: Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car
Time: 1'16.957
Professional
R1 / R1
rx7k.png

Combined Time:
2'35.290

See you next week!!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE00.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
  • UCUS98632RPLY-BC4672EEE01.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just so people know (in case they were wondering), red ice messaged me about needing a time-extension for his submission... and I granted his request. Remember, if anyone else finds themselves in a situation where they think they might miss the deadline, just shoot me a message and I'll be sure to grant an extension for a late submission.

I'm late for a holiday gathering (it's the Fourth Of July - aka Independence Day - here in the US), so no comments about the past challenge... except to say that vaughan's continued improvement is great to see!

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Dan360##$. (2'27.129)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - MVR08###.l (2'27.489)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb#$. (2'29.481)###[6 pts]
###____________________________________

### 4th - pvr77####.l (2'32.230)##$[5 pts]

### 5th - red ice###.ll (2'35.290)##$[4 pts]