GTP WTAC Week 62 : WRC's Group B (1982-1986) Part 1

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 39 comments
First of all, sorry for not posting my times throughout the week. Other things have been keeping me busy, although I found the time to compete.

This week was a real challenge for me. I'm not into 4WD cars, and my off-road racing skills aren't that good. To add to that, Grand Canyon is a massive mine field, full of traps that could ruin a hot lap. Even with those factors, I got over it and set times that I'm happy with.

I wonder how it was to be a rally driver then, they must have had insane skills to tame rally cars. :crazy:

Here's my submission:

Ford RS200 '84 - 2'42.659
Stock-1.jpg

Ford RS200 Rally Car '85 - 2'35.597
Rally.jpg

Combined time: 5'18.256

Attachments

• Rally.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Stock.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 7
Dan's time shows his superb skill in both Tarmac and Off-Road. Worthy of GTPSP Hall of Famers. Impressive performance Dan!

Dan was in 'WOW' territory this week. His time, especially with the rally car, was highly impressive. Needless to say, Mr. Wow took home first place for Week 62. Great job, Dan!

Also putting in an impressive showing was red ice. He always seems to make the podium when we have a rally challenge and this week was no different. Good job, Big Red!

We were missing a few regular competitors for this final week of the current racing session (pvr77, MVR08, and vaughan), but they'll be back in action soon. I have also been in contact with a couple of other new racers who have expressed interest in joining, so hopefully that comes to fruition.

Overall, the standings stayed the same as they were last week. Dan360 became our overall champion and the win was well deserved. For all his hard work and impressive racing skill shown week in and week out, I hereby grant Dan the championship trophy:

trophyg.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - Dan360##$l (5'18.256)###l[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - red ice###. (5'28.203)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb#$. (5'30.404)###[6 pts]
###

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Dan360######.l50
2nd #-l Detroitbb#####)41
3rd #l-l pvr77########34
4th #l-l MVR08#######l30
5th #l-l red ice######&l29
6th #l-l vaughan#####$l11

:gtpflag:

Congrats!! to all podium finishers this session.

I could not post my times but I did run one session with both cars and let me tell you it was lot of fun to drive on this track specialy with the rally car. I saw the Monster Tajima´s video of his run on the Pikes Peak Hill Climb competition this year and it gave me an idea of how to drive over powered cars in gravel but somehow I couldn´t manage a clean lap with the rally car it was so frustrating because of only one single spark I ruined lots of good laps, but what can I say? when you don´t have that little bit of luck that day that´s how it ends.

Here are my ghost replays.

Stock: 1´44.9

Rally: 1´36.0

Attachments

• Race.rar
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Stock.rar
    53.5 KB · Views: 6
Back