GTP WTAC Week 73 : (Not Quite) Forgotten Gems

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 38 comments
I have not run more laps. I'm having problems with the analog stick so I have to fix that today and maybe tonight I resume activity.

Dpad steering really is harsh for the thumb and usually just to be safe and avoid crashing, I tend to brake very early and turn during the most convenient angle which requires less dpad tapping.

Nissan R32--1'33.xxx unclean
Audi R8--1'34.xxx unclean

...strings of unclean laps...

Audi R8 LMS Race Car: 1'31.038

31038.jpg

Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE: 1'33.442

33442.jpg

combined time: 3'04.480

Next week: Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course)

👍

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B0C55C70900.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0C55C70901.zip
    54.1 KB · Views: 6
My average time is 1'4x.xxx for both ... And I cannot get an acceptable record for time limit. So I decided to abandon the race for this week.
See you next week.

Btw, nice photos!

Holy cow!!! this is one of the hardest challenges I've been part of! and I wasn't specting it really. Just doing a clean lap proved to be a challenge big enough, and I would be happy doing just that, but somehow I managed to improve my initials-unclean laps.:)

The Audi was my biggest challenge and no tuning was good enough to tame this wild horse. This track and car are not made one for each other.

Audi R8 LMS Race Car: 1'29.811
screen2zau.jpg

Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE: 1'31.796
screen1al.jpg

Total Time: 3'01.607

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
I took few minutes to drive on GT PSP, like I did before 24th november 2010 ;)

Nissan : 1'35"828
Audi : 1'34"907

Total : 3'10"735

Attachments

• Replays.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys! I completely lost track of time difference. But anyway, here are my times.

I absolutely loved the Audi R8! Its perfect for the Seattle Circuit.
But I had the hardest time cornering using the R32. But still, I wish I had a working analog nub, especially when driving AWDs.

Course: Seattle Circuit / Forward
Vehicle: Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
Time: 1'32.619
Professional
R1 / R1
snap001vr.png

Vehicle: Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE GT-R Race Car '93
Time: 1'35.789
Professional
R1 / R1
snap000p.png

Total Time:
3'08.408

See you guys next week! :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B0C55C70900.rar
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B0C55C70901.rar
    55.2 KB · Views: 6
Seattle is a very technical track that makes any car combo challenging. But the fact that these two cars were so different made this extra-challenging! Even with that additional difficulty, MVR08 showed why he is the undisputed champion. He was about three seconds faster than his closest competitor for this week. Many congratulations, MVR08!

Taking 3rd place for this week was red ice. After a hiatus from the WTAC (due to not having his own PSP anymore), he borrowed a broken PSP (analog stick broken; X button not working) and worked hard to secure the bronze trophy for Week 73 in his return. Great job under difficult circumstances, red ice!

Also competing for the first time in a long while was kaori... who was part of the original TAC (season 1: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=121347 ) and joined that competition four weeks before I did. Kaori is more old-school than me! You'll also notice that kaori finished the first season in 7th place (out of 19 competitors) and beat me in the overall standings. Like with red ice's return, we're honored to have had kaori compete with us for the week. Thank you!

Even though vaughan didn't submit a final time, he's a competitor on the move up in the standings and is making strides to improve. We know that he'll be back in the mix for Week 74.

----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (3'01.607)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Detroitbb#$.l (3'04.480)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - red ice####. (3'08.408)###[6 pts]

### 4th - kaori#####.l (3'10.735)###[5 pts]

### 5th - vaughan#....l (--------)###[*DNF]

*vaughan gets an honorable mention this week for competing, but he just didn't submit a final time for each car. We'll see him next week though!

Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l Detroitbb####)29
2nd #-l MVR08######l24#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l vaughan####.ll19#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l red ice######lll6
5th #l-l kaori########l5