GTP WTAC Week 87 : Est. 1886 - Revisit

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 56 comments
GTP WTAC Week 87 : Est. 1886 - Revisit

*** This was a special request... a car combo that we had already done, but this time on a different track. I'm not in the habit of repeating cars in this weekly time attack challenge, but this was a special occasion. Enjoy the WTAC's second look at these two cars! ***

1. Track : Nurburgring

picture.php

2. Cars : Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 & Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54

slrp1.jpg
l
300slg1.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday January 16th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday January 23rd 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday January 23rd 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l31
2nd #-l Detroitbb####)23#
small_up_arrow.gif

3rd #l-l Dan360#####$22#
small_down_arrow.gif

4th #l-l Antares26####11#
small_up_arrow.gif

5th #l-l vaughan#####10
6th #l-l anastasis14###(6#
small_down_arrow.gif

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
how many pts for wining weekly event ? ;>

1st place: 8 points
2nd place: 7 points
3rd place: 6 points
4th place: 5 points
5th place: 4 points
6th place: 3 points
7th place: 2 points
8th place (and every other place beyond 8th): 1 point

:)

thx, im new here and never tried this trial mode on my GT xD
its stupid cuz doesnt give u anything... ;p
and in normal race u can save replay too, so can we drive normal races, or we must be alone in the track ? ;>

and in normal race u can save replay too, so can we drive normal races, or we must be alone in the track ? ;>

All events are held using time attack mode, so you must be alone in the track. 👍

As Antares26 already mentioned, we must use the Time Trial mode (without other racers on the track).

:)

Kay, trying one lap now :P

EDIT:
Omg - 2 words -> Impo-ssible! :embarrassed:
Can't drive with S3 tires :/
My time in SLR - 8:27 + 6 times on grass... :/

EDIT2:
So I figured that in 3rd gear always I can drive xD
But still 8:17 and 4 times on grass...

Can anyone post some lap times to compare? ;D

Last edited:
Lots of memories with the SLR on the Ring, not pretty though haha!

I remember mission 34, I was determined to complete that challenge and I did it in a week, running 4 hours a day every day!!! It was madness!! haha.

A couple of weeks ago tried the Vettel Challenge in GT5 with a DS3, and after 3 hours of frustration and pain on my hands and left thumb I had to retire just 2 tens of a second of the gold on Nurburgring GP. I think I better wait for a wheel to complete that challenge...

I'm gonna try and do some times today and tomorrow, since those are the only free days I have this week :)

For initial times, I only did runs with the SLR (quick tuned)
7:24.643
Not really a clean lap since I a bit too much over the grass on the last section.

got it ;)
but how on earth can U beat it in under 7.5 mins ? ;o
On the R3 tires i can drive. But on S3 I have to fight for every corner... ;/

got it ;)
but how on earth can U beat it in under 7.5 mins ? ;o
On the R3 tires i can drive. But on S3 I have to fight for every corner... ;/

You just need to get used to the handling of the car. :)

I had the same problem in Week 85, where I first entered. The regulations were S2/S2 and I had no idea how to drive fast when the tires just let the car slide everywhere. I'm used to driving on R3/R3 setups, so I learned the hard way that I can't push as hard as I can on S tires. >.<

oh right, im waiting for your replay ;d

btw, how am I find the right one on my SD card?

Here it is, a 7'25.xxx, got a couple of unclean moments there, though. :banghead:

As for the right ghost data on the memory card, you can use a PSP savegame utility to find it quicker. Just google it, it's pretty common around the net. 👍

Attachments

• SLR Replay.rar
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
  • SLR Ghost.rar
    60.3 KB · Views: 8
FFFUUUU****KKKK!!!

**** I can't do a ****ing clean lap on those ****ing S3 tires.... -,- ;/

I gave up...I'll wait till next R3 even... ;/

FFFUUUU****KKKK!!!

**** I can't do a ****ing clean lap on those ****ing S3 tires.... -,- ;/

I gave up...I'll wait till next R3 even... ;/

Don't give up! You never know, you might actually find a solution to drive with S3 tires. 👍

ok.
usually i have troubles with the first corner at start (-,-),
and in between T2 and T4, and T7 to T9...

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D00.rar
    61.8 KB · Views: 11
when i have about 1m long or less red line I found that breaking is not nessesery ;p
I always try not breaking at all whenever possible, just relasing throttle ;>

I'm still having problems with the analog stick. Here is a video showing my misfortune.:(

I'll try to solve that issue today.

I'm still having problems with the analog stick.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your PSP's analog stick.

As someone who has had to replace multiple analog sticks in my two PSPs, I totally understand what you're dealing with.

:ouch:

I'm still having problems with the analog stick.

Ouch, I know that feeling. I had that problem more than 5 times a year on my first PSP-2000...one time I got so angry with the glitchy nub, it broke inside and you can't move it to the right anymore...

Ouch, I know that feeling. I had that problem more than 5 times a year on my first PSP-2000...one time I got so angry with the glitchy nub, it broke inside and you can't move it to the right anymore...

Yeah, after one year of constant abuse is no surprise that my PSP is falling appart. The plastic cover of the PSP got loose, I think thats part of the problem, but the real problem is not the analog but the way the analog connects with the motherboard in the PSP-1000/2000. They fixed that with the 3000 model though.

So... Here are some pics:)

nrburgringnordschleife5z.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife6v.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife7o.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife8a.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife9z.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1kd.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1hn.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1x.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1e.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1n.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1cc.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1xn.jpg

Wanna Drag!? Actually it was a pretty close race! I did lose by the way..
nrburgringnordschleife1s.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1i.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife1z.jpg

Smoking the competition!!!:lol:
nrburgringnordschleife2dc.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife2ii.jpg

YES, TOO LONG. I realised way too late SORRY!!:guilty:

Back