GTP WTAC Week 87 : Est. 1886 - Revisit

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 56 comments
MVR08 this is PSP thread ;p

Technically, you can't get any good pics like that on the PSP version. It's been a known practice of TAcers to share some good pics involving the cars of the current challenges. :)

Oh, and I completely forgot that we have to race the Gullwing as well! :ouch: Hahaha! XD

I did some laps with the '54 and the final time is 8'53.237. My ghost is attached.

Since I will leave Beijing tomorrow to have Spring Festival with my parents at home, I won't be not able to either upload the record for the other one or participate in WTAC for the next few weeks. I'm about to be back Beijing after Feb 10th.

Glad to see new ones to join us in this game. Have a good time for you!:dopey:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B63E8276D06.zip
    56 KB · Views: 7
I did some laps with the '54 and the final time is 8'53.237. My ghost is attached.

Since I will leave Beijing tomorrow to have Spring Festival with my parents at home, I won't be not able to either upload the record for the other one or participate in WTAC for the next few weeks. I'm about to be back Beijing after Feb 10th.

Glad to see new ones to join us in this game. Have a good time for you!:dopey:

👍

We'll see you when you get back in early February, vaughan! Enjoy your time with your family!

Only one session from me this week, as I've been playing GT5 more. Juggling between GT5 physics and GT PSP physics isn't much of a challenge, only a few tweaks. I tend to play GT PSP on the go now.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 - 7'11.718
SLR-1.jpg

This feels like a fish out of water with S3 tires. :crazy:

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - 8'28.341
300SL-1.jpg

This must have been the ultimate supercar during its era. Handling feels dull, but in a good way. The car feels planted to the ground, giving no suprises.

Combined time: 15'40.059

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• SLR.zip
    60.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 300 SL.zip
    62.3 KB · Views: 8
I feel kinda bad that I couldn't push harder for my submission. I contracted a nasty eye infection two days ago and I couldn't even play the PSP without tearing up as I reach the half the track. :banghead:

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 - 7'19.473
Week87-SLR.jpg

The SLR is a very challenging car with S3 tires, it's too stable and has this large tendency to understeer in high speed corners. :crazy:

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - 8'33.435
Week87-300SLGullwing.jpg

Even though it's not too fast, the Gullwing is one of the those cars where I don't care how fast I'm going. It's just too fun to drive :)

Overall Combined Time: 15'52.908

Finally I was able to fix my PSP, I replaced the whole plastic cover from another broken PSP and its black now, with the bottom row buttons grey.:dopey:

That let me with no much time to enjoy this fantastic cars-track combo though.:indiff:

I like how soft the suspension for the SLR is, how it react with the bumps of the road, I like the dinamic of the car and how it feels while driving it on the Ring. Very fun car to drive and I didn't change the suspension settings because of it, only Toe and Camber.

I made some mistakes tha cost me about 2 seconds in this lap.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03: 7'08.333
screen2ab.jpg

This is as perfect of a lap that can be done on the Ring. I could go faster on some places but you can always improve a lap time on the Ring, so I'm very happy with this lap.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54: 8'17.539
screen1jjk.jpg

Total Time: 15'25.872
👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    110.5 KB · Views: 8
I have no time in my replay data... there's car, track, date, and no time... ;/

Time was 7:54.xxx

frmbuf000p.png

Attachments

• SLR replay.rar
    59.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have no time in my replay data... there's car, track, date, and no time... ;/

Time was 7:54.xxx

frmbuf000p.png

You're supposed to upload the ghost data and not the replay. Oh, and you need to upload the SL 300's time as well if you want to have a valid entry :)

ok, i figured it out...
so - SLR: 7:44.272, 300SL: 9:06.129

frmbuf001.png

frmbuf002.png

together - poor 16:5.401

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I was unable to get to a computer before the deadline came, so I won't be posting my times for this week.

anastasis14 PM'ed me about 12 hours ago asking for an extension (I granted it)... so he'll be posting his times this evening. After he does that, I can calculate all the times for this challenge. But I might not post it all until tomorrow before noon.

Remember - If you know you're going to be late, just PM me before the deadline and I'll allow a late submission.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03: 7'15.106
sdc12017w.jpg

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54 - 8'30.940
sdc12018q.jpg

3rd and 2nd lap respectively, I decided to have fun with my friends than the PSP ;) Thanks for letting me get past the deadline detroitbb :)

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B63E8276D00.zip
    123.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
if U can allow this, why wouldn't U allow yourself, and post your time right away? ;D

I don't want to appear potentially biased since I'm the host and the one who decides if a submission is acceptable.

It's easier to avoid the appearance of a 'conflict of interest' and just not do a late submission for myself. Plus, I compete pretty much every week and have accumulated plenty of points in the overall standings.

:)

Congratulations to MVR08 for another hard fought victory! Dan360 gets the silver medal for 2nd place and anastasis14 rounds out the podium finishers.

Antares26 narrowly missed the bronze medal this week, and I'm sure he'll put up a great fight to reach the podium in the next challenge!

I would also like to welcome zipiol to the WTAC! We hope you enjoy your stay with us and please feel free to ask any of us for help/tips/etc.

:)

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (15'25.872)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Dan360###$ (15'40.059)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - anastasis14#l (15'46.046)###[6 pts]

### 4th - Antares26##l (15'52.908)###[5 pts]

### 5th - zipiol#####.l (16'50.401)###[4 pts]