GTP WTAC Week 92 : 2001 JGTC (GT500)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 61 comments
GTP WTAC Week 92 : 2001 JGTC (GT500)

*** For this week, we'll be competing with two GT500 class cars from the 2001 JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Car championship; now known as SuperGT) season - the Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R and the Toyota au CERUMO Supra. ***

1. Track : Suzuka Circuit

picture.php

2. Cars : Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) ’01 & Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) ’01

2vcw4ed.jpg
l
5l1a94.jpg

IMPORTANT ! This is a combined times challenge: you'll need to run both cars; rankings will be made based on your combined times.

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday February 20th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday February 27th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday February 27th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

8. Current session points leaders:

Place - Competitor - Points

1st #l-l MVR08######l16
2nd #-l Antares26####14
3rd #l-l Detroitbb####)12
4th #l-l anastasis14##lll10
6th #l-l zipiol#######l..5###(tied for 6th)
6th #l-l nascarlemans##ll5###(tied for 6th)
7th #l-l red ice#####.lllll4#
small_down_arrow.gif

8th #l-l vaughan#####&3

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Even though it's still two weeks away, I can't help but get excited for this challenge since I completely adore the JGTC machines. :D

Just as I thought, Suzuka is the best track for both cars. I've been doing Endurance laps here in GT5 for the past week, hopefully I can grab a PSP and submit times for this challenge.
Nice car/track combo Dbb! and I'm rooting for Antares to win this one. Go Team Philippines!!!

My first times from last night (three of four laps with each car):

Nissan Xanavi Hiroto GT-R: 2'08.851

Toyota au Cerumo Supra: 2'04.821

First times~
Toyota au Cerumo Supra ~ 2'02.707

Nissan Xanavi Hiroto GT-R ~ 2'02.798
((Both with only downforce and height adjustments))

Even if I've had more experience with JGTC cars in this game than any other cars, I'm still struggling with the track itself, especially the first section up to Degner and that cursed 130R that just creeps the hell out of me.

Played a few laps again today and got some newer times:

Toyota au Cerumo Supra ~ 2'00.9xx

Nissan Xanavi Hiroto GT-R ~ 2'01.4xx

Man, the Hiroto is a hard car to drive with its over and under steer tendencies. :crazy:

how can car be oversteer and understeer at the same time? x_x :confused:

I didn't mean for it to over and under at the same time XD

What I meant was the car easily oversteered at some corners and understeered at some others. Though the Hiroto has more power and much fatter torque feel than the Cerumo, I really prefer the balance of the latter more.

but when is understeer u slide around
and when is oversteer u drive through the corner sticked to a road with almost 3 wheels on the ground (when grippy tires) or just going straight... u cant have both of them on one car at one race...

my times already:

Nissan: 2'09.042

n54lm9.jpg

Toyota: 2'08.267

34dh388.jpg

Combined Time: 4'17.309

(omg tinypic quality is awfull...:crazy: )

Attachments

• Ghosts.rar
    61.9 KB · Views: 42
but when is understeer u slide around
and when is oversteer u drive through the corner sticked to a road with almost 3 wheels on the ground (when grippy tires) or just going straight... u cant have both of them on one car at one race...

I believe you got them in reverse, and these are cornering forces we're talking about, so over and under steer won't be constant on a car, it depends on the track.

To be exact in my view, the Hiroto's rear just suddenly gives out at high speed corners while at some of the sharp, low speed corners the car just doesn't turn in, I have to lower the entry speed more to avoid it.

Yup I confused them both xD but still it will be constant on a car. Thats why cars can be allocate to understeer cars group or oversteer cars group... RWD cars are usually oversteer... while AWD are grippy and understeer ;>

I understand now what U're talking about, but thats not under/oversteer ;)

Last edited:
This is a video I found that I don't remember but it says it was over a year ago when I started with the WTAC.:drool:

my final... I dont feel like I can improve my times... dunno why...

There's still a wide room for improvement there, why don't you try playing with the driving style instead of the car settings? I actually find it better to adjust the driving instead of the car settings, which can really mess things up more when done wrong. 👍

but my driving skills are limited and i cant play with my driving style...

You'll get better with experimenting on driving the cars, what you're gonna learn with driving sensitive cars like the JGTC ones will really help when it comes to driving slower, stock cars or even much more powerful ones like the LMP cars, you'll find yourself adapting to anything pretty quickly once you've got a certain feel for driving.

For example, if you always brake and slow down to a certain speed before entering a corner, see how long you can keep on the accelerator before braking hard, once you get the latest braking point where you can still enter the corner fast and keep a good line, start looking at how long you brake before getting back on the gas throughout the corner. When you come across a very tight corner like the hairpin on Suzuka, you're gonna want to know when you can get back on the gas to exit the corner without encountering too much wheelspin. You'll want to either go out a gear higher or just tap the accelerator carefully to maintain grip.

It's kind of a long process when you read it but it actually just comes naturally when you're playing. You're always gonna want to find the fastest way to enter and exit a corner, those tiny bits can shave good seconds off your lap times. 👍

Ur right ofc, but I already know this all. And i drive like that always... but finally I came to a point when I cant drive faster because of slippery tires... then there's nothing what I can do to speed up more my laptimes...

I improve my record for Toyota to 2'06.266.

my final... I dont feel like I can improve my times... dunno why...
Don't give up this early. I alway feel exhausted trying to improve it after I made a record at the week's beginning. However, it's always possible for me to get a better record 2-4 seconds less for each car when the weekend comes, as happens today.
Share some concludsion I get. If you don't slow down too much, that is to keep your speed above 100 kmph with gear 3, at Degner curve and 130R, the total time would be much more reduced.:)

Back