GTP WTAC Week 92 : 2001 JGTC (GT500)

• Thread starter Detroitbb
  • 61 comments
Through 130R i drive 140-150 ;>
but degner is like 80-95 to me... ;>

and also i prefer stock cars than super tuned machines... ;)

Through 130R i drive 140-150 ;>
but degner is like 80-95 to me... ;>

and also i prefer stock cars than super tuned machines... ;)

With max downforce settings, both cars can take the 130R at over 200kmh. 130R is about 220 - 230kmh to me. Degner curver can also be taken at 100 - 110kmh with accelerator work, since the elevation change will suddenly throw the weight balance off.

I never drove JGTC cars before O.o ;p it will be a disaster... ;/ :P

Ur right ofc, but I already know this all. And i drive like that always... but finally I came to a point when I cant drive faster because of slippery tires... then there's nothing what I can do to speed up more my laptimes...

IMO, Your times aren't bad at all considering this is the first time you've driven JGTC machines especially on a complex track like Suzuka. :)

Eventhough this is a weekly contest of who's the fastest, don't worry about driver skills at this moment. The important thing is having fun and learning little by little how to drive better. If you feel you've reached your limit, do not worry. It just means you're human and somehow you've accepted it. Just keep on steady progress and learn bits and pieces as you go along week per week. :)

You will eventually reach your TOP FORM, one way or another. It may not be now or tomorrow. You may one day beat the fastest TACers or you may never beat them. But, as long as you did your best, it will be your shining moment! :)

IMO, Your times aren't bad at all considering this is the first time you've driven JGTC machines especially on a complex track like Suzuka. :)

Eventhough this is a weekly contest of who's the fastest, don't worry about driver skills at this moment. The important thing is having fun and learning little by little how to drive better. If you feel you've reached your limit, do not worry. It just means you're human and somehow you've accepted it. Just keep on steady progress and learn bits and pieces as you go along week per week. :)

You will eventually reach your TOP FORM, one way or another. It may not be now or tomorrow. You may one day beat the fastest TACers or you may never beat them. But, as long as you did your best, it will be your shining moment! :)

100% AGREE ON THIS!

As long as you've done everything you can and you've pushed yourself to the limit then that's that. I know I've been on the edge of winning a few times but I've done everything I can, and I'm nothing less than satisfied with it. It's actually the reason why I joined the WTAC in the first place, to see where my current limits will get me.

Skill merits a lot with experience, and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before you get the gold. Take everything as a learning experience and you'll certainly become faster with it. 👍

thanks guys ur very kind to me ;)
and yeah I joined for fun and because I like this game and cars, so yes fun is in the first place.
I didnt know which car to race either cuz having 200-300+ cars is a nice head rush ;p
I have couple of tracks still not touched and u 'forced' me to try some of them ;p
I always try to Gold up the track first then I switch to Time Trial... :P

thanks guys ur very kind to me ;)
and yeah I joined for fun and because I like this game and cars, so yes fun is in the first place.
I didnt know which car to race either cuz having 200-300+ cars is a nice head rush ;p
I have couple of tracks still not touched and u 'forced' me to try some of them ;p
I always try to Gold up the track first then I switch to Time Trial... :P
I'm in the same situation as you. I know little about the history of cars which are familiar to guys here, like mvr and Dbb. I haven't made all driving challenges Gold or all tracks AI S level, even some untouched like you. But I love this game and have fun while driving cars and reading their introduction details.
While the WTAC pushes me a lot..., it indeed helps me progress. I made another gold for driving challenges(total 60 now) this week and have the ability to sense the car when it runs which is impossible for me half a year ago.:)

I downloaded your ghost and had a look at the toyota. Your drive is smooth and you make actions more quickly and firmly than me.(You take a stable brake or accelerate) which makes me conclude that your record should be better than me definitely. But the fact is opposite, weird...:dunce: Then I found in a few corners I don't brake too hard, thus have a higher average speed than yours. In some corners, your driving style makes you deviate from the straight line and costs you more distance to drive. It's possible the two explanations are both wrong for I'm not an expert driver like others.:dopey: My ghost attached.
I guess if you make some little modification for your driving line, a new record may reach you:)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E707.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
WTAC Week 92

Hi guys! Here's my submission for this week.5 quick laps and I'm satisfied with both times.

Course: Suzuka Circuit/ Forward
Vehicle: Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
Time: 2'03.653
Professional
R1 / R1
supraxx.jpg

Course: Suzuka Circuit/ Forward
Vehicle: Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
Time: 2'03.630
Professional
R1 / R1
r34z.jpg

Combined Time;
4'07.283

Hope to see everyone next week! :)

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.rar
    56.7 KB · Views: 35
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E702.rar
    56.9 KB · Views: 35
Here are my times.

Toyota au CERUMO Supra: 2'02.470

Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R: 2'02.081

Time: 4'04.551

1zltxjm.jpg

5dtbth.jpg

Attachments

• Replays and ghosts.zip
    220.8 KB · Views: 36
Wow... close times, red ice!

Indeed, those are some fast times! Good job on those, red ice 👍

vaughan
I haven't made all driving challenges Gold or all tracks AI S level, even some untouched like you. But I love this game and have fun while driving cars and reading their introduction details.

At least you guys have a lot of Driving Challenge Gold, I....don't really pay attention to the Driving Challenges cause it just seemed like the old license tests which I honestly found boring. The way you put it makes me interested, though, I better try doing some of those soon. :)

At least you guys have a lot of Driving Challenge Gold, I....don't really pay attention to the Driving Challenges cause it just seemed like the old license tests which I honestly found boring. The way you put it makes me interested, though, I better try doing some of those soon. :)

That's really nice to hear that I'm an 'inspiration' to some one xD
and Driving Challenges are fun when they're not to hard ;p
and when u do them u unlock mp3/custom soundtrack, so u didn't unlock it?

Indeed, those are some fast times! Good job on those, red ice 👍

Considering your record in the WTAC, you're overquarlified for it.:sly:

From google:
Unlock Custom BGM by completeing Challenge B (Any color trophy for all 6 events).
But the range of mp3 format is limited, only 128kbps(or 140kbps, cannot remember..) supported.

From google:
Unlock Custom BGM by completeing Challenge B (Any color trophy for all 6 events).
But the range of mp3 format is limited, only 128kbps(or 140kbps, cannot remember..) supported.

so? whats the point of this post ? :odd:

-,- I understand what it mean beacause I basically told the same to Antares...
so I'm asking what's the point of u telling him or me this again? :confused:

I actually did the initial Driving Challenges for the Custom Soundtrack :P

I played Challenges A-D (picked up where I left off after unlocking the Soundtrack feature) last night and I only got about 7 golds, those short events aren't called Driving 'Challenges' for no reason. I think I can pick up some pointers in that, especially ones that involve driving FF cars, which I still don't think I can do as well as others.

Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) ’01: 1'59.830
screen2hb.png

Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) ’01: 1'59.368
screen1qa.png

TOTAL: 3'59.198

👍

Attachments

• Replays.rar
    105.6 KB · Views: 35
Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R: 2'02.725

289fprs.jpg

Toyota au CERUMO Supra: 2'01.823

m9rfgk.jpg

combined time: 4'04.548

:)

Get ready for Week 93 where we'll cruise the streets of Tokyo in two British sports cars!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E701.zip
    54.7 KB · Views: 35
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E700.zip
    54.5 KB · Views: 35
But gtpsp can only recognize mp3 whose bit-rate is 128kbps.

I believe, if I remember this correctly, that the MP3's sample rate has to be 44.1 kHz.

My music folder for Gran Turismo has MP3 files with bit rates from 96 kbps to 320 kbps, so we're definitely not restricted to 128 kbps.

I believe, if I remember this correctly, that the MP3's sample rate has to be 44.1 kHz.

My music folder for Gran Turismo has MP3 files with bit rates from 96 kbps to 320 kbps, so we're definitely not restricted to 128 kbps.

My mistake.

Woohoo! JGTC! My favorite cars of all time!

I have had a very wonderful time playing GTPSP this week, and it was a great learning experience since I used to hate the corners at Suzuka :sly:

Anyways, my times for this week:

Toyota au Cerumo Supra '01 ~ 1'59.814
Week92-auCerumoSupra.jpg

Nissan XANAVI Hiroto GT-R '01 ~ 2'00.299
Week92-XanaviHirotoGTR.jpg

Overall combined time: 4'00.113

I could've done a 1'59 with the Hiroto, had it not been for the fact that I didn't like how the car felt and I didn't have another day to run. I actually only got the right settings right at my very last runs. :yuck:

But as far as the Supra is concerned, I'm more than happy to clock a time like that when I beat my mind up trying to think of a solid, constant line in the first section. Suzuka will always be a hard but fun track for me. 👍

Attachments

• Ghost92_Antares.rar
    112.4 KB · Views: 35
Vehicle: Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R (JGTC) '01
Time: 2'05.050

pic0000.jpg

Vehicle: Toyota au CERUMO Supra (JGTC) '01
Time: 2'05.397

rkobxy.jpg

Combined time: 4'10.447.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E708.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B1EE068E704.zip
    53.1 KB · Views: 35
The final results shows a familiar face in the top spot - MVR08! He was the only competitor to have a final combined time under four minutes. Great job!

Second place was earned by Antares26 who was only about a tenth of a second from getting under four minutes as well!

nascarlemanslmp barely missed a podium position by a measly .003 of a second! That was very close!

It was also great to have red ice, zipiol, and vaughan competing with us this week. Hopefully we'll see anastasis14 back in action next week. I also think Shigegaki will be joining us for the now current challenge!

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

This week's results:

goldh.png
1st - MVR08####. (3'59.198)###[8 pts]

silverg.png
2nd - Antares26## (4'00.113)###[7 pts]

bronzeo.png
3rd - Detroitbb### (4'04.548)###[6 pts]

### 4th - nascarlemansll(4'04.551)###[5 pts]

### 5th - red ice####ll (4'07.283)###[4 pts]

### 6th - vaughan###. (4'10.447)###[3 pts]