GTP_OMRS Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 127 comments
I understand the point your trying to get across Lefty. We will make sure to address this and hopefully come up with an answer for you.

I understand the point your trying to get across Lefty. We will make sure to address this and hopefully come up with an answer for you.

Thanks Shig, I just want your efforts to come out of the gate w/ more then just another low key laid back monthly get-together, it can be something that has real excitement. If you can’t win a trophy then by knocking off your own class and the class above you can take on a real meaning of it’s own. Just making it into the A main from the D main could be a great triumph for someone and a real accomplishment for that individual.

Thanks Shig, I just want your efforts to come out of the gate w/ more then just another low key laid back monthly get-together, it can be something that has real excitement. If you can’t win a trophy then by knocking off your own class and the class above you can take on a real meaning of it’s own. Just making it into the A main from the D main could be a great triumph for someone and a real accomplishment for that individual.

No problem Lefty, right now we're still in the experimental phase of OLR for GT5. Once OLR has more active members, we will start discussing this as well as future improvements for OLR.

:cheers:

Just out of curiosity have any of you guys checked the thread in my sig? Seems like you are the people I set out to attract 👍

/\ Actually it's more like you are the kind of people we are trying to attract, haha.

Jerome

Just think, If the WRS TT program was used to set the grid as a caveat to the WRS_OMRS. The program could take into consideration the weeks previous solidly established times and then that same track would be used the next week as the monthly online race. What a match made in heaven.

What a way to get new people into the WRS TT the week before the monthly online race, there must be members of the forum who don’t even think about the WRS TT’s because they look at it as a time vacuum sucking up their spare time but if there was a greater purpose to the TT's before the monthly race I’ll bet you that there would be a noticeable rise in participation in the TT's the week before the monthly online race.

that actually does sound pretty fantastic.

Okay this looks fantastic, just what I have been waiting for. Sadly I currently have no time, hopefully I will do by the time this event gets into full swing. I much prefer racing to time trails. :P

There is a new Chat Room titled OMRS in the Chat Lobby! So feel free to use this to chat about the event and such 👍

Jerome

I dont. Running OMRS as it is now feels light any breezy with no obligation. The thought of being forced to run WRS to participate at OMRS puts me right off. Of course you wouldn't HAVE to, so I guess you could start last every time. But who wants that?

Besides, having a set time to qualify just previous to race start gives everyone the incentive to be punctual. AND, its much more rewarding, tense and frustrating to qualify while being social and having fun. I like it the way it is.

Just my opinion 👍

I missed the March 12 race..can I still join? Also - not sure if you guys have read the RaceDepartment.com online racing format rules, but they've gotten the quali stuff down to a science now.

http://www.racedepartment.com/gran-turismo-5/49737-gt5-club-events-format-additional-rules.html

Worth a quick read, and maybe adoption?

Anyways - I really like Lefty's idea about TT=quali for OMRS.

Our GTP OLR Rules And Guidelines are far superior and detailed :sly:

As for Lefty's idea, I'm trying out the option of letting everyone know what combo is coming up so they can practice, but the qualifying in pre-race is sufficient.

EDIT: I am hoping most drivers will fell the same as you Roh, but I realize I can't please everyone in this regard.

Jerome

Race specifics won't be given out ahead of time, drivers will only know what car to use. The car for the next month's race will be posted at the end of the current month's race specifics.

Everything about this sounds like it would be something I'd really enjoy with the exception of the above. I really don't see the point in keeping the track a secret. I don't understand how it makes anything better if we don't know what track we will be running. Am I missing something that would make having to learn a new track while racing more enjoyable?

I'll keep that in mind Roh, thanks :cheers:

boshuter: The last event I gave out the details a week in advance and it seemed to work out well and I plan on doing the same thing for May's event 👍

Jerome

Can't wait for month 3! Hopefully soon we get enough participants to sort room's by divisions! Maybe this time I won't look like an idiot by touching grass in the first turn and hitting 3 people, lol! :sly:

/\ We won't be racing per division in the OMRS, it's an all is welcome to come and make it at what time suits you best, event.

Jerome

I can't wait for the next race :D

I have a question; I've been reading all the threads about the OMRS and am confused about whether you can run in more than one race. I thought it said you could only run in one time slot, and one race in that slot; but in the race results threads it shows some drivers in more than one race/slot.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get it all clear before the next race. 👍

Initially, I didn't know how many participants to expect and our first month we never filled a room or got close. So now it's okay to race in more than one. however, if the room is nearly full and you've already done a race, we may ask you to try another race later. or if the OMRS gets full race rooms consistently, I may reinstate that rule, but for now, it's pretty casual 👍

Jerome

Initially, I didn't know how many participants to expect and our first month we never filled a room or got close. So now it's okay to race in more than one. however, if the room is nearly full and you've already done a race, we may ask you to try another race later. or if the OMRS gets full race rooms consistently, I may reinstate that rule, but for now, it's pretty casual 👍

Jerome

And tremendous fun 👍

And tremendous fun 👍

And too far and few between!! :(

I really look forward to these events. Only raced in two races last time around but I loved having a full grid to go up against.

In my opinion they should be held a little more regular though. Even 3 weekly would be more bearable than the current setup. Fortnightly would be awesomesauce, and weekly!!.. well you get the idea :lol:

Only gassin.. ;) Really appreciate the effort from Jerome and the team. Thanks again guys 👍

I will say I thought about the idea of having one every week and having a race steward host one on a rotating basis. But then that steward would either A) have to keep the race room open for like 6 hours or whatever, or B) there would be such a small window of availability, people in a different timezone may not be able to attend and that room would always be completely full, which imo isn't always fun. It can get crowded fast, especially at turn 1 👎 So I went with what we have now :)

Jerome

C'mooooon May 7th!! :D

Not long now. Just hurry up with what you're working on Sony!

Any plans as yet ACE? Any thoughts what would happen if the PSN stays down?

You beat me to it, I was gonna make a similar post anyway so here goes....

Since we still have nearly two weeks before the next OMRS event, I'm going to assume Sony will fix their issues. I had one combo in mind for event three, but in light of Sony's issues I'm gonna use a different combo from my list instead. I will post the combo on Friday (4/29/11) and if we have to delay it a week to May 13th, so be it. But again, I doubt it will take that long...........
..?????

Jerome

One more week til round 3!! Can we get some details posted?

Edit: erm...nevermind, forgot about PSN.

Yea once Sony is nice enough to supply us with some PSN, then I'll get the details of the next race posted.

Jerome

Back