GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
Hmm, I just noticed I can select my country only when making a new account using the Playstation. However, selecting my country won't let me use the american PS store later on so it's a bad idea really. I'm gonna have to make this an american user.

I already have a store account. Anyway, I read about sub-accounts today but it seems not so good idea so ultimately, I made a new gmail account and by that I made new PSN ID: GTP_adi518 (adi518 is my regular PSN ID).

I'm now trying the challenge and it's quite hard. My best time yet is xx,XXX which is crappy as hell. I reckon that gold users are around 1.54 and silvers ~ 1.56-7.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just submitted my time yesterday. I'm not sure where it will put me, but I'm not naturally fast like some people, it takes me a lot of time and practice to get a good time. Oh well, it's not a huge competition IMO, the key is to have fun.

@outtanames: Just keep working on it, and you'll improve. Smooth is key. Good luck!

Last edited:
Cheers to new members of the registry

---GTP_Bugman27 (IR)==Alan_G===Div.1 Bronze

---GTP_Sinibomb (UK)==Sinistar===Div.1 Silver

---GTP_ReDMan1911 (CA)==nebojsa_o===Div.2 Bronze

---GTP_beliall (UK)==Beliall===Div.4 Silver

---GTP_AMWARRIOR93 (AU)==amwarrior1993===Div.2 Gold

---GTP_Auratus (BE)==Sven1972BE===Div.4 Gold

Last edited:
Congratulations to all and welcome to the registry :cheers:

Great to have you on board Sini, always a first class competitor and fine racer :gtpflag:

All the best
Maz

Thank you!

In anticipation of GT5, and because at last i was bored of CoD, i decided to fire up GT5p again.

I especially like online fair racing, but im not as fast as most drivers here.

I did have an outstanding race with a Japanese guy, about 8 laps of overtaking each other, it was best adrenaline rush since i got the PS3 i think.

Which automatically led me here, i'm hoping to experience that kind of racing many times with equally poor drivers as myself lol.

I'll also be posting my times for the weekly challeges, they seem like fun.

When GT5 releases, how long will it be until the WRS starts up for that?

The endless possibilities for weekly combos.:eek:

I'm now trying the challenge and it's quite hard. My best time yet is xxxxXXX which is crappy as hell. I reckon that gold users are around 1.54 and silvers ~ 1.56-7.

I submitted the same time.. you can see my division below.. I just now did it again after racing my ghost for 5 laps I posted a xxxxxxx my best lap yet.. I probably couldve had silver the first time I submitted if I wouldve had some patience.. but I was too stoked and just wanted to race with GTP on my name.. :gtpflag:

When GT5 releases, how long will it be until the WRS starts up for that?
Right after its release Kevin will publish a qualifier for GT5 WRS. After members qualified they will be devided into 5 new divisions. When that registry thing is done a first combo shall be issued. That can be after 10 days or perhaps 3 weeks I'd say.

Any chance you guys would be willing to reconsider this policy if the game data saves are not transferrable in GT5?

Otherwise, those of us who game elsewhere with non-GTP friends (who will play GT5) are in a hard spot. We have to either

(a) make our friends add us to their buddy list multiple times
(b) maintain multiple GT5 careers (who's got the time!),
(c) or switch accounts entirely losing trophies/saved games etc.

It also seems quite contrary to the social nature of the platform, your PSN account is across a LOT of games. There's no reason we should be required to link account names with a particular website or group, and can you imagine if every group/clan you wished to game with forced you to do this?

No doubt those who dislike this policy can just not participate, but it would be a shame to miss out on the good clean competition GTP events will no doubt bring.

Kinda wonder if there might be a "team" mechanism in game we could use as well.

Sorry for raising tough questions, just hoping the request could be taken under consideration for those of us who do a lot of non-GT5 gaming as well.

Cheers.

cerealkiller,

with GT5 there will be a new registry.

Hopefully GT5 will follow the course of several FPS titles and allow you to add "team/clan" whatever prefixes before your PSN name only when you are playing their game.

Seeing the large amount of team names on the time trials it wiould be a big mistake if PD did not add this feature to GT5.

Does anyone know if there's been a decision that you must use a GTP_ account to compete in GTPlanet events once GT5 lands?

Got a bit of a dilemma personally, old account has a near full buddy list (many of whom I'd like to play GT with and yet have nothing to do with GTP), lots of trophies, switching will be an expensive operation. It's all cool with prologue as you can copy game data but it's quite unlikely you'll be able to do this in GT5, most games limit save data to the account it was created for, as somebody would just upload a massive save and everyone could use it. Maintaining two GT5 careers is no doubt out of the question.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of such a decision, I recall reading back at the start that the registry might be used for future race events. If so I'd like to get started on making the switch sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

I'm with CerealKiller on this one and I would like moderators to post what they have to say about it.

I'm a member here for few years now and I love the site but I have almost full list of PSN people among them a lot of people who do not play GT at all and I like having some chatt with them etc but it would be impossible if I had to log on another account - I wouldn't like them to add me multiple times - that would be a "waste" of one of the precious 100 spots on the friend list...

What I'm asking moderators about is - will it be possible to register your main PSN account as affiliated with GTPlanet (GTP) provided Gran Turismo 5 HAS A TEAM SYSTEM ?

We have already seen pictures of drivers with some wine names next to them - these could probably be the names of the teams they belong to.

What I'm asking moderators about is - will it be possible to register your main PSN account as affiliated with GTPlanet (GTP) provided Gran Turismo 5 HAS A TEAM SYSTEM ?

We have already seen pictures of drivers with some wine names next to them - these could probably be the names of the teams they belong to.

To give an answer we really need the game in our hands.
Also for us race admins, GT5 has to many secrets right now to make actual plans.

I wonder if I should try joining even though GT5 comes out in less than a month...

I wonder if I should try joining even though GT5 comes out in less than a month...

If you have the time to try some of the WRS races, then do so.

I would imagine the GTP tag will stay through GT5 so get started now, see how you do compared to the competition and you'll be better off for competing now.

At some time there will be another qualifier for GT5 but don't wait for GT5 to see what the WRS is about.
It may be some time (?) before the WRS changes to GT5.

If you have the time to try some of the WRS races, then do so.

I would imagine the GTP tag will stay through GT5 so get started now, see how you do compared to the competition and you'll be better off for competing now.

At some time there will be another qualifier for GT5 but don't wait for GT5 to see what the WRS is about.
It may be some time (?) before the WRS changes to GT5.

Thanks for the response. WRS looks like a lot of fun, but I was having trouble deciding whether to join now or just wait. But I'll defenitely give it go this weekend or sooner. :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I would like to run with the gtplanet group, I know I need a proper GTP_tag and a qualification..but I have some questions
- Where are your official online racing events? I'm curious to see what's going on and how it works : )
- Is it possible to partecipate only to racing events instead of time trials?
- From what I've understood we all need a re-qualification when GT5 will come out, is that true?
- I'm a member of a club we have our own forum, but we are considering the possibilites to bring all our users here at gtplanet because of the big structure, can I ask, if somebody wont have a GTP_tag he wont be allowed to partecipate to your official events, right?
- And what about unofficials events? where are the correct place to open them? this is for gt5p and for GT5? maybe here? Who is the moderator I need to ask the permission to eventually open an unofficial race event? (in case we decide to do it)
- Is there any chance to orgnize racing events like our club vs. gtplanet drivers? or our club vs. another one? a club tournament or something like that? ^^

Thanks in advance to everyone will answer and excuse Me for all these questions but I'm trying to organize something for GT5 and this site look so full of things to do, so I prefer ask before open anything new.

Hi everyone, I would like to run with the gtplanet group, I know I need a proper GTP_tag and a qualification..but I have some questions
- Where are your official online racing events? I'm curious to see what's going on and how it works : )
- From what I've understood we all need a re-qualification when GT5 will come out, is that true?
- I'm a member of a club we have our own forum, but we are considering the possibilites to bring all our users here at gtplanet because of the big structure, can I ask, if somebody wont have a GTP_tag he wont be allowed to partecipate to your official events, right?
- And what about unofficials events? where are the correct place to open them? this is for gt5p and for GT5? maybe here? Who is the moderator I need to ask the permission to eventually open an unofficial race event? (in case we decide to do it)
- Is there any chance to orgnize racing events like our club vs. gtplanet drivers? or our club vs. another one? a club tournament or something like that? ^^

Thanks in advance to everyone will answer and excuse Me for all these questions but I'm trying to organize something for GT5 and this site look so full of things to do, so I prefer ask before open anything new.

Hi and welcome to GTP.

There are no "official" GTP race events, all race events are made up by members and can be found in the "race events" thread. Members with a GTP tag do not have to take part in the WRS. But you are expected to follow the Online Racing Rules.

Rerunning the qualify will need to be done at some stage but I don't see it being done as soon as GT5 comes out.

Anyone can join GTP. As of now you only need a GTP tag to do WRS

Race events can be posted in the "race events" forum and no permission is needed. Anyone can post an event. As for club vs club we do have those from time to time. Again, if you would like to do a club vs club you may do it.

Hope this answers everything 👍

CT

- Where are your official online racing events? I'm curious to see what's going on and how it works

Unfortunately you will not be able to see the odd official GTP_Events as they have been moved into the GTP_Members Forum. This becomes available to you once you have been accepted into the Registary. There has been 3 official competitions in the past with Event 3 (the last run one) being the most complex and biggest. They have all been knock out competitions with hopes to make leagues and series with GT5 around the corner (depending on online features given to us). All 3 have been very high in interest with many racers signing up.

It is. Many dont compete in WRS and wait for the online racing competitions.

Yes. A new qualifier and GTP_Reg will be created when GT5 is released.

Not in official GTP_Events, no. GTP_Tagged drivers only. This is for many reasons.

- And what about unofficials events? where are the correct place to open them? this is for gt5p and for GT5? maybe here?

You have the correct place for GT5P. But I very much doubt many will be playing in 4 weeks time for a new competition to run. When GT5 is released a new sub forum will open for Race Events, so keep looking for that when game release has come.

- Who is the moderator I need to ask the permission to eventually open an unofficial race event? (in case we decide to do it)

There is nobody you have to ask to start a new event. We monitor new events to make sure they are running smooth and being handled well. If organisation is poor, events can get out of hand very quickly. This is when mods step in and try to get things back on track. We try to steer clear of this though.

- Is there any chance to orgnize racing events like our club vs. gtplanet drivers? or our club vs. another one? a club tournament or something like that?

You can try all sorts of events. Anything you think of and believe it will be a sucess, feel free to post. Make sure everything is thought of and that you have a clear set of rules though.

Hope that helped, Jack.

Thanks for your answers Crazytortise and Jack! Much appreciated, you explained everything, I'm particulary happy about all the effort you put on the "clean race mentality" this is the best way to run! Once GT5 will come out and after some testing, expecially to the online things (private lobbies.. rules etc) we will open something intresting. Thanks again for the support see you on track!! 👍

Unfortunately when my last PS3 died I'd forgot to write down or remember my password for my GTP_Crooky account.... If I create a new account would it be ok just to change where it says GTP_Crooky in the registry to what ever new name I pick?

Unfortunately when my last PS3 died I'd forgot to write down or remember my password for my GTP_Crooky account.... If I create a new account would it be ok just to change where it says GTP_Crooky in the registry to what ever new name I pick?

Yes,send me a pm with the new name and I will change it.

just joined up, PSN ID - jimantonic, looking into the GTP register, looked through the registration method and got a question: Is the RX7 to be used with no quick tune, sorry, just realised there is no quick tune on time trial, mucho dumbo on my part!

EDIT:

hi guys, wanting to submit my application for the GTP_ register, not able to message yet as this is my first post! will attempt to submit my lap time later today. PSN ID jimantonic

just made div. 2 bronze... SWEET!!

Hey, I'm interested in joining the WRS but I have a question about this sentence:

All drivers must create a GTP_PSN tag. You can simply copy your current GT5P game save to the new account.

I can make the new GTP tag...but how do I copy my current GT5P game to the new account?

Hey, I'm interested in joining the WRS but I have a question about this sentence:

All drivers must create a GTP_PSN tag. You can simply copy your current GT5P game save to the new account.

I can make the new GTP tag...but how do I copy my current GT5P game to the new account?

Create the new account, go back to your old account and highlight the game save and press triangle. You will then be given the option the copy the game save to your new account.

I am going to run my qualifier when I get home in a few hours. I think I am fast enough to make it in the slowest spot. It's kind of late to be doing this but I want to see where I stand before gt5 comes out. Looking forward to hopefully earning that gtp tag.

Made div 4 bronze!

Last edited:
Back