GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 3,006 comments
Not allowed to discuss the division splits in any threads, but take a look at the Fuji RX7 online time trial records. If you can break into the top 100 you're doing very well 👍

If you can break into the top 100 you're doing very well 👍

Very well indeed, it's one of the most hardest TT's out there! So don't become desperate if gaining good positions in "RX-7 / Fuji F" feels harder than others. It is. :scared:

Does this mean by me carrying the GTP_ACCORD name plate people will not bash me off the track cause i dont see that happening.I would like to use GTP_ACCORD but i dont want to beat the game for a forth time and i dont have a flash drive maybe ill have to pick one up!Is it a must to change your online id? So its like were all one huge race team?lol

Does this mean by me carrying the GTP_ACCORD name plate people will not bash me off the track cause i dont see that happening.I would like to use GTP_ACCORD but i dont want to beat the game for a forth time and i dont have a flash drive maybe ill have to pick one up!Is it a must to change your online id? So its like were all one huge race team?lol

Welcome Accord

Unforunatly that's not the case. There are always poeple on the track that will punt you off the track. Aslong there are no private rooms you can end up with everybody on the track, also with punters. But other tag drivers will notice you when you carrie your GTP tag and know that you have the intension to race clean. You can find topics here where you can find organized online races. The more poeple show up, the smaller change of having those punters around.

About transfering your save game to a new account on your PS3, you need a UBS indeed.

If you are making another account on the same PS3, I'm pretty sure you don't need a USB. Just find the save game file, press triangle, select copy and choose the new account from the list, no USB needed at all.

If you are making another account on the same PS3, I'm pretty sure you don't need a USB. Just find the save game file, press triangle, select copy and choose the new account from the list, no USB needed at all.

Though you are correct about not needing an USB stick to transfer your own game save, participants need an USB stick to post podium replays.

It's about time these GTP_Registry threads gets moved to the GT5 section now, don't you think? There should be a sub-forum for the GTP_Registry IMO.

It's about time these GTP_Registry threads gets moved to the GT5 section now, don't you think? There should be a sub-forum for the GTP_Registry IMO.

It is a war zone in the GT5 section right now :),when GT5 is in our ps3,this will transfer in to a GT5 registry with a new qualifier.
Also a subforum is a good idea,it crossed my mind also 👍

As long as the GTP Registry qualifier is run using Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, in my opinion it belongs in this forum. Sjaak is right, the time to move it is when the qualifier uses GT5 proper.

All the best
Maz

I created a new account with the username GTP_FastM3. Until I formally register am I strictly to use this account for time trial at Fuji only? Should I continue to use my other account for any other online activities until I'm formally registered? I'm not clear on this point

On a different topic. Man are there some fast racers out there

I created a new account with the username GTP_FastM3. Until I formally register am I strictly to use this account for time trial at Fuji only? Should I continue to use my other account for any other online activities until I'm formally registered? I'm not clear on this point

On a different topic. Man are there some fast racers out there
You can do everything with your account, you can even compete in this weeks WRS. When you're registered you should put your controller and division in your signature. You can put your version in it too. Don't know if this is all And welcome to the WRS.:cheers:

EDIT: There are certainly some fast racers out here. Don't expect you can compete with the best at first. I can't either.

I just qualified for the registry

The PM I was sent had a password for a members area. I'm starting to think I'm blind because I've looked and looked and I can't find a members area. Can someone help me

I just qualified for the registry

The PM I was sent had a password for a members area. I'm starting to think I'm blind because I've looked and looked and I can't find a members area. Can someone help me

It's a sub-forum of the "Race Events" section.

Link

As it appears that the game saves in GT5 are copy protected (see this post) has any thought been given to continuing to use GTP_PSN id's for official GTP online racing & the WRS? Obviously it won't be a problem for people who only use their GTP_PSN id but it would mean you couldn't copy the game save from your main non-GTP PSN id to your existing GTP_PSN id and anyone wishing to join the WRS would have to start a new game to create a GTP_PSN id.

I've been asked about it in relation to the thread in my sig but I've also seen other users commenting on it elsewhere in the forums.

^ That is what I am wondering. Will I need a new PSN to play if GT5 can not be copied? Hopefully this could be answered asap. I would hate to start the game, and then have to start over to participate in GTP events.

The game saves in GT5 are copy protected ,hmmm,also between 2 of your own accounts?

Hope to get a conformation soon from Amar.

Also the possibilities of the online features are not fully known yet,concerning clan tags I mean.

^ it seems that copy protected saves can't be moved onto a memory stick individually like GT5P saves could but are included in a full backup to an external HDD although the restore may not be able to move the save onto a different PSN_ID. Hopefully Amar will bring some good news on this issue.

It is a war zone in the GT5 section right now :),when GT5 is in our ps3,this will transfer in to a GT5 registry with a new qualifier.

So will re-qualifying be a) optional, b) required, or c) not allowed?

So will re-qualifying be a) optional, b) required, or c) not allowed?

B is your answer.

A new qualifier will be required when GT5 is in our hands. When and what is still yet to be decided so keep watching and an update will come when we finally have full details.

As to the tags, we don't know. GT5 may have a 'clan tag' system the same way a game like Call of Duty does, or it might be the same as GT5:P. Until the game is shipped we will have to wait and see.

Saves are protected and can't be copied says Amar in his thread. So the choice will be made after the game comes out?

I hope there will be some way for people to participate in the GTplanet events, even if we chose not to have a GTP PSN ID.

There are many of us who likes to collect PS 3 trophies and, if its not posibel to play under our old PSN ID its really a shame. Because this will mean we will eather have to skip playing in the GTplanet events, or we will have to abandon our old PSN ID with all our trophies for our other games to be able to participate in the GTplanet events.

But I gues we all just have to wait and see, if there are some way to identify one self as part of GTP communty within the game it self.

For me, the GTP tag enables me to spot fellow clean and respectful racers. Yes there are plenty out there without the tag but I don't want to have to wait until turn 1 at Fuji to find out if they are or not!

Back