GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 1 : Old School Tsukuba - See Important Update to First Post

  • Thread starter Thread starter EDK
  • 1,215 comments
  • 145,096 views
Looks like the R/admin boys are in a no win situation then, unless..đź’ˇ they divide the participants into 2 groups.

Those that ran just the stock version,
Those that run the new modified version.

Its a lot of 🤬 around, I know, but its a thought. Whatever the verdict, I will abide by it by the terms & conditions of the AWP 👍

True enough... a situation like this is always going to upset someone, its just a case of whatever they decide between them is the most reasonable compromise. Its an unenviable position but I think most of us will just happily go with whatever they think is fair. :)
 
AGREED 👍

As I said above, I found about a tenth in T1+T2 but alot more in Sector 3. Of course I'm hoping I'm just that good today :sly:... but needed to see how everyone else is finding it.

Its 2am here, so I will look at this later.
 
I've run an hour so far. I have a goal, I have not come anywhere close to attaining it. I'm just getting warmed up. If we made a decision to only use replays that were done before the update, I probably wouldn't even submit.

Not that I would put my own interests above those of the entire group, but I'm sure someone is in the same boat as me.
 
SRF is showing as mandatory "Off" now but not sure what it was before. I only ever use ABS in the driver aids so that would not be an issue for me anyway.

Sounds only seem to change with exhaust and transmission - I can't hear any difference with air filter, or manifold changes.

Thanks for checking 👍

Then seems you can give yourself credit for your huge improvement in overall time ;)
 
Might be relevant... you were slightly quicker on your splits than before. The biggest indicator would be how much quicker was your overall lap time than your previous best. I absolutely hammered my previous best third sector and my overall lap was way quicker with no setup changes from prior to the update.



As I said above, I found about a tenth in T1+T2 but alot more in Sector 3. Of course I'm hoping I'm just that good today :sly:... but needed to see how everyone else is finding it.

My better splits are down to a better tune on the Suspension not to the update, record show I always improve my times as the week goes on, as most of the guys in WRS will confirm. But my condition (health) does change a lot from day to day.

Lets all just play the game as set out by Kevin and the admin team, they have been doing it long enough, and are more than Capable of ironing out any small problems. 👍

Phillip.
 
Its 2am here, so I will look at this later.
No rush mate - go get some sleep 👍

EDK
I've run an hour so far. I have a goal, I have not come anywhere close to attaining it. I'm just getting warmed up. If we made a decision to only use replays that were done before the update, I probably wouldn't even submit.

Not that I would put my own interests above those of the entire group, but I'm sure someone is in the same boat as me.
That's it exactly - there will be many in that position I reckon. At first glance it would seem more fair to extend the competition to allow more running time under the new "conditions" than it would to cut it off prior to the update.

To satisfy my own curiosity, I'm going to buy and tune a second Z28 as Ang did to see what I can do with that and what the differences are from my point of view and driving style.

Thanks for checking 👍

Then seems you can give yourself credit for your huge improvement in overall time ;)
That's what I was hoping but I didn't want to be hasty... :)

I'm gonna shut my pie hole now and let you admin chaps do your thing :)
 
It's a tricky one. That would probably upset folks who thought they had not yet done their best time or those who have not had a chance to do much running. Another option is just to accept that this is now "the rules of the game" and everyone has to try again under the new conditions, possibly extending the event to allow for the extra running time. Of course this would upset those who feel they have already given their best.

In the other hand, I know a lot of driver who were already done with that one, and didn't plan to rerun it again ;)
 
In my opinion starting over again would be very unfair for those who started since last sunday...maybe it would be better to have faith that no one is taking advantadge out of it...and if so, after WRS 2 will be very obvious who used this extra torque issue for improving their times.
Another one would be to PM the GTPers who have taken part already that doing the torque thing is illegal (but that would be more work to do).
Just my opinion, I have no part on this since I will take part in the March qualifier
 
My better splits are down to a better tune on the Suspension not to the update, record show I always improve my times as the week goes on, as most of the guys in WRS will confirm. But my condition (health) does change a lot from day to day.

Lets all just play the game as set out by Kevin and the admin team, they have been doing it long enough, and are more than Capable of ironing out any small problems. 👍

Phillip.

Always great to have you competing when you can, Phillip. 👍

Also, no one can use an iron like Kevin.

I'm about to jump on, my initial impression (if it's worth anything) of the changes would be that we ban using the power restrictor, it's un-WRS imo, it may be hard to monitor in terms of clarification of it in replays, but unusual results will make it obvious, even if some people do abuse it, I'd rather race without it. For this week, keep it as it was pre-patch, we'd have to ban gear ratio changes, as people will have submitted already, any other new changes as well (weight balance?), this may all have to be done on faith, but that's not a new concept to the WRS anyway.

Whatever the final decision, some people won't like it, but I know the Admins will produce a solution that is best for the competition. 👍
 
Alright...well in the face of all these changes, here's my pre-update splits..I really don't know where I could get more speed, other than some more tuning..but family time comes first!

T1: 0'15.610
T2: 0'35.455

...not bad for first WRS, I think!
 
Just ran a few laps with the car exactly the same as before. (I didn't save the game after the post-update testing I did earlier.)

Absolutely NOTHING is different about the car and I was easily able to beat my previous best time, even with a few tenths slower T2. The car just seems to accelerate better. Could this be due to the new transmission settings? (Fully adjustable gears)
 
...Could this be due to the new transmission settings? (Fully adjustable gears)

No I don't think so - I'm not even running the adjustable transmission. For me it just felt like I was getting better traction out of the corners.
 
Just out of curiosity, did you also try your untuned Z28 today to see if there were any differences from prior to the update?

I did for ten laps or so and although it seemed like it was a tiny bit easier to get into the 15.2XX T1s I was not particularly close to my best T2 so it was quite inconclusive.
 
Just ran a few laps with the car exactly the same as before. (I didn't save the game after the post-update testing I did earlier.)

Absolutely NOTHING is different about the car and I was easily able to beat my previous best time, even with a few tenths slower T2. The car just seems to accelerate better. Could this be due to the new transmission settings? (Fully adjustable gears)

No I don't think so - I'm not even running the adjustable transmission. For me it just felt like I was getting better traction out of the corners.

Very interesting, DC & Vag if this is the case I'll not be submitting this week, as its not in the sprit of WRS if members make changes that they couldn't make before.

I'll wait to hear what Kevin and the admin team say, but thanks for you input.

Phillip.
 
No, this is just for the leaderboard. To submit your final time you must PM it to the race admins as explained in the first post of this thread. 👍

Yes I did this.
"Time:1'**'***"
Which was rejected Quoting
Your private message could not be processed due to an invalid body. Please make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the WRS thread and try again.

So I went & read.
Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
(Example-) Time: 1'10.100
Again.
So I did & got the same message again.
Do i post my Split times? As I read It I just post my total lap time.
 
Just tried the suspension setup from 'dranddad'
Did 10 laps and improved my best lap by almost .2s !!! Didn't change anything else, is it just the setup or is the update causing this .... ?! :sick:
 
Yes I did this.
"Time:1'**'***"
Which was rejected Quoting
Your private message could not be processed due to an invalid body. Please make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the WRS thread and try again.

So I went & read.
Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
(Example-) Time: 1'10.100
Again.
So I did & got the same message again.
Do i post my Split times? As I read It I just post my total lap time.

"Time:1'**'***" should probably have been "Time: 1'**.***"
 
Interesting twist.

I'm sure i'll have another go before the deadline, but if I dont change any settings I'll be suprised to be going faster.

Just an idea but could we put this week down as a pre WRS test? Maybe change the thread title and get things underway next week when no spanners are being thrown around!? I'm up for continuing as normal but there seems to be people here already trying to bend the rules:

EDK
In Event Tuning Settings: Optional - NOTE: Any tuning gimmicks that offer an unfair advantage are not allowed.
 
Yes I did this.
"Time:1'**'***"
Which was rejected Quoting
Your private message could not be processed due to an invalid body. Please make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the WRS thread and try again.

So I went & read.
Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
(Example-) Time: 1'10.100
Again.
So I did & got the same message again.
Do i post my Split times? As I read It I just post my total lap time.

It looks like you're doing the correct entry.
I submitted just after lunchtime in the same manner, and had no problem.
 
Isn't improving your times as you run more a natural part of WRS? The power upgrade issue has merit, but no physics updates were called out by PD. Improving by 2 tenths after running multiple sessions is hardly evidence of a physics change.
 
Yes I did this.
"Time:1'**'***"
Which was rejected Quoting
Your private message could not be processed due to an invalid body. Please make sure you follow the guidelines outlined in the WRS thread and try again.

So I went & read.
Please submit your time in the following format on a single line: Time: X'XX.XXX
(Example-) Time: 1'10.100
Again.
So I did & got the same message again.
Do i post my Split times? As I read It I just post my total lap time.

If your lap time is 1'06.500 then your submission should look like this.

The header of the pm should say:

GTP_WRS Week 1 Submission

and the body should say:

Time: 1'06.500

That's it. Please note that this is different from the submission format in WRS in GT5P so it might also be a simple mistake in the first post.
 
"Time:1'0*.***" Is how I submited It.
In this thread The example Is Time: X'XX.XXX
In the example here > GTP WRS Comprehensive Guide It Is "Time: 1'10.100"
Do I submit the time with speech marks?

Think I've done to much at work & not slept enough to be honest.

*EDIT* No worries my time Is now accepted, Thanks for your help guys.
Just for the record don't use " " either side your submited time as shown In the GTP WRS Comprehensive Guide. If your thick like me.
 
Last edited:
Please note that this is different from the submission format in WRS in GT5P so it might also be a simple mistake in the first post.

The first post is correct.

You have to be sure the subject field and body match EXACTLY.

I suggest using the copy/paste function.
 
EDK
Isn't improving your times as you run more a natural part of WRS? The power upgrade issue has merit, but no physics updates were called out by PD. Improving by 2 tenths after running multiple sessions is hardly evidence of a physics change.
Thing is, I spend hours/days running the combo with almost no improvement. Now today I did 10 laps and suddenly I'm beating my old time fairly easily it seems ... I don't know, maybe it's just between my ears :sly:
 
something is surely up since the new update even without touching anything since before the update i can notice a huge difference in drivability.

my VERY first lap trying since the new update, excact same settings as before, nothing touched at all i took .200 of a second off my overall lap time lol even with .200 of a worse T1!

not sure what they did but its different for sure.

T1: 15.8
T2: 35.613

I struggled so much before on T2 yet suddenly i could take almost .2 off my previous best? something is fishy.
 
EDK
Isn't improving your times as you run more a natural part of WRS? The power upgrade issue has merit, but no physics updates were called out by PD. Improving by 2 tenths after running multiple sessions is hardly evidence of a physics change.
I wasn't trying to suggest anything, just wanted to clarify... I suddenly went alot faster today. I'd been stuck at the same T2 of about 34.7xx for three days and a total mileage of 773.5 since Sunday - my improvement over the entire lap was significant this morning... it made me suspicious :) One hopes to make such sudden leaps but it rarely happens...

Anyhoo, I just tried out another Z28 with the Sports package upgrades (air filter, manifolds, exhaust, cat' converter) and limited the HP to 294 as Ang did... I can't get anywhere near my ghost from this morning. Far from finding the extra torque an advantage, I feel it is a hindrance and as a consequence, I was having more trouble getting the power down out of the hairpins. I was, in fact, about a tenth per sector slower than this morning. Speaking for myself, I would continue to run with my car as it was before with stock engine and an oil change only.

Then I tried my standard Z28 again and also can't touch my ghost from this morning...:crazy: Back in the 34.7xx's. I think I had the driving equivalent of an epiphany and then got amnesia. Still faster than I was with the tuning parts in place though.
 
Last edited:
Thing is, I spend hours/days running the combo with almost no improvement. Now today I did 10 laps and suddenly I'm beating my old time fairly easily it seems ... I don't know, maybe it's just between my ears :sly:

I also spent hours without any improvement until yesterday where it suddenly became almost easy to hit the laptimes I struggled to set earlier in the week. I'm certain it's just the laps paying off in the end.
 
Personally, I dont mind what the admins decide. Even if they decided to just call the 1st WRS void and we start again with WRS 2, thats cool with me. They are the ones that set the rules, and they are the ones that we ALL follow!

A physics change in the update?! I haven't run any laps yet today but when I get home from work I'll stick some laps in and see what happens... I haven't yet been able to get under 15.5XX for T1 yet, so will be interesting!
 
I can't wait to see if I can feel a difference in the car. I kind of doubt it, but if I get a 15.3 right away, that will convince me as I've never seen lower than a 15.455.

Jerome
 
Back