GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 1 : Old School Tsukuba - See Important Update to First Post

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,215 comments
I still havn't even attempted this, I've currently got massive pain in my legs/chest and it's hard enough to drive a normal car let alone one in GT5.

I've got 22hrs so hopefully I can aleast submit a time.

GTP_MrJim
I used DualShock 3

T1: 16.246
T2: 36.803

Edit: capitalization error (t2), added gtp tag name

Submitting with these splits:

T1: 15.639
T2: 35.251

Did not enjoy this first WRS; I think I might just restrict myself to the non-tuning WRS events. Spent too much time wondering if I had the right tune, or if I was just slow :lol:

I still havn't even attempted this, I've currently got massive pain in my legs/chest and it's hard enough to drive a normal car let alone one in GT5.

I've got 22hrs so hopefully I can aleast submit a time.

What?! - you have 22 hrs to live! with massive pain in chest i would suggest driving to the doctors is a better use of your time!

Read this post

Regarding split posting

Hey Guys,

The board has just been updated, i've pushed 2 changes through:

1) The split posting has changed so that we can just post the sector times without the need to calculate the splits.

The format stays exactly the same, but now you can just use the sector times.So now you can just post like this:

T1: 0'15.xxx
T2: 0'19.xxx

2) It is not needed to have the 'PSN: GTP_Joost' in your profile. The board now extracts your username from the post and cross references this with the official registry. So it's enough if your username is correct in the official registry thread.

:cheers:

Joost

Read this post

Regarding split posting

Hey Guys,

The board has just been updated, i've pushed 2 changes through:

1) The split posting has changed so that we can just post the sector times without the need to calculate the splits.

The format stays exactly the same, but now you can just use the sector times.So now you can just post like this:

T1: 0'15.xxx
T2: 0'19.xxx

2) It is not needed to have the 'PSN: GTP_Joost' in your profile. The board now extracts your username from the post and cross references this with the official registry. So it's enough if your username is correct in the official registry thread.

:cheers:

Joost

Thanks Joost.
I'm done with this one. Got all I can get can't get no more.
Frustrating but fun.

T1 0'15.649
T2 0'19.792

Time to move on to the next challenge.

Submitting with the following new splits.

Good luck to everyone. :cheers:

I got a final session in tonight and improved a few tenths at the line. I really enjoyed this combo, and watching the replays is pretty bitchin'. I keep rocking the Dead Milkmen's 'Bitchin Camaro' . And Motorhead. I can't wait to watch everyone's replay, we could make a Metal Montage of them, in slow motion.

T1: 15.552
T2: 19.389

Great work Joost! Nice to see someone working hard so that others can be more lazy ;)

Although I said I was submitting yesterday, I had another go today. And it resulted in some nice improvement :). Lost some time in T1 do to a stupid mistake, changing gears to soon :(.

T1: 15.613
T2: 19.472

Fortunately you can submit more then once now 👍 (again, thanks joost and the other members of the WRSfetchbot team!)

Some late movers pushed me out of the top ten to T2.:( Hopefully my head is clear enough to check results tomorrow.:crazy:

Just submitted with my 'pre patch' splits. Had a quick session after 1.06 but I couldn't improve and didnt have the time to either. Difficult combo, with tuning not being my strong point. Still I used my own setup and can be quite happy with my results. Looking forward to next week 👍

I'll have to wake up earlyish tomorrow and see if I can squeeze any time in before the deadline at 11am. I'll have to learn fast.

Would it be worse if I finished with a slow time due to not having enough time to attempt it, or not submitting a time at all?

By the way, can anyone link me to a post/thread that has a setup some people are using? Cheers.

Just trying to get the bot to pick up my controller and country, same times as before :(

T1: 15.754
T2: 35.890

Finally something worth posting, Ramon thanks for that tune, I like it:

T1: 15.505
T2: 19.697

I'm not going to win prizes with it, but OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDK
The ride height "bug" is min rear/max front. It makes the car go faster in a straight line.

Kevin, there's no bug that gives you rocket speed or acceleration (you can test that by yourself), ride height is reversed in the menu, what is front there in fact it's rear and vice-versa, GT5 graphics get those reversed values from the settings menu, anyway car physics about ride height are fine.

We have used this kind of "low front" and "high rear" ride height since GT1, specially in the 4WD cars to get rid off the understeering, you can expect this kind of settings for FF drive cars as well.

IMO any car settings should be right since there's no bug in the car physics. (so far and crossing fingers)

For those who think that "maxing any settings is for noobs" I would tell you that the only noobs are those who say that.
GT5 car settings are BS and sometimes maxing some settings is needed, they don't reflect accurately real life car settings, this is a damn good game but not a simulator, I can't call "simulator" a game that don't bear in mind tire pressure and tire temperature aside of the ridiculous and cartoonish slipstream, so get the car settings and physics as they are or get a life.

I'm glad to have helped a bit with my car settings to those who find them useful, I'm not a car settings wizard though.

Time submitted with my current splits, good luck everyone. 👍

After a lot of effort finally a reward. New sector times:

Last edited:
I am going to try to make it home during lunch to check my final time and submit. Been busy with school and family member passing this weekend.

Back