GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 105 : WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 169 comments
you really want this win ehh, good luck mate 👍, I've never really been able to understand TM, for me there seems to be tarmac there but covered with some dirt, its always hard to tell where there tarmac ends though. Anyway I'll try and get some time to do this tonight and see if I can improve but given I havent driven here since friday and the the thought of bouncing around and understeer may just deter me from even attempting it again.

Thanks, I've still got a couple of tenths to find :D Should be fun this evening :) I have only just come back to it after setting my previous time on wednesday so anything is possible ;)

Thanks, I've still got a couple of tenths to find :D Should be fun this evening :) I have only just come back to it after setting my previous time on wednesday so anything is possible ;)

Possibly but there's a lot of time I need to find and that will take time to string everything together. I left 2 tenths out there which I think I know how to get but given that after work and gym on Monday I'm usually exhausted it will be a bit tough to find, but hey you never know :)

Urgent question guys, is this perceived as still having two wheels on the tarmac? Is my rear inside wheel just on the grass?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92792462@N07/8505584141/in/photostream

If it is clean then my new splits are:

Had this same dilemma - is that considered track or not. But I just avoided it next lap, and got a better time. But I still don't know.

Okay, I should beat it again before the deadline so will update my splits again some point today, it would be nice if one of the admins could say for certain if it is clean or not though 👍

To me it looks as if the bit of track just outside the white line is a faded kerb although it could be the lighting, I know white lines don't tend to mean much generally on this track :confused:

This says it all:

All tarmac is track,white lines are not in play.

Urgent question guys, is this perceived as still having two wheels on the tarmac? Is my rear inside wheel just on the grass?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92792462@N07/8505584141/in/photostream

If it is clean then my new splits are:

This is the rule:

Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. This includes also the yellow painted tarmac.

Also Sjaak answered in an earlier post:

"Run of areas are parts of tarmac which are not considered track.
You can find them in Fuji and Suzuka but not on Trail Mountain.

Each week can be have different track rules so read the OP carefully.
In short,the race specifics overrules the standard clean OLR.

Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. This includes also the yellow painted tarmac.

All tarmac is track,white lines are not in play."

So as long as you are not touching the wall, I see no reason to consider this out of bounds.

However, as you are obviously not a level 2 driver ( I don't think you are even a level 1 driver, perhaps a level .5 maybe) you should just not post and boycott all events until the admins create Division .5 for you.:lol:

This is the rule:

Also Sjaak answered in an earlier post:

"Run of areas are parts of tarmac which are not considered track.
You can find them in Fuji and Suzuka but not on Trail Mountain.

Each week can be have different track rules so read the OP carefully.
In short,the race specifics overrules the standard clean OLR.

All tarmac is track,white lines are not in play."

So as long as you are not touching the wall, I see no reason to consider this out of bounds.

However, as you are obviously not a level 2 driver ( I don't think you are even a level 1 driver, perhaps a level .5 maybe) you should just not post and boycott all events until the admins create Division .5 for you.:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for clearing that up, I think I will still see if I can find those 2 tenths though, just to be safe ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for clearing that up, I think I will still see if I can find those 2 tenths though, just to be safe ;)

ConRollings is right,

I checked the part of track on your picture and your wheels are still on tarmac.
I used fotomode to look from above and there is tarmac on both sides of the white line.

Be carefull though,the tarmac stops at one point.

ConRollings is right,

I checked the part of track on your picture and your wheels are still on tarmac.
I used fotomode to look from above and there is tarmac on both sides of the white line.

Be carefull though,the tarmac stops at one point.

Thank you :) I always edge on the cautious side when it comes to absolute track limits but on that corner I had a bit of oversteer :lol:

Seen some improved sector times, finally hitting sector 2 a bit better and had a 16.26 through sector 1.

T1 16.493
T2 25.797
T3 21.494

Still definitely a tenth left, as I went quicker by a tenth on a previous lap, but just marginally got 3 tires over the grass on turn 2 after analysis.
Will have one more run this evening.

Guys,give those TT skills a try in the online race for Wednesday.👍

WRSOENew3D3.png

Presents...

WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

An Online Race based on Week 105 : WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

TrialMountainCircuit_16copy_zpsa2a671e8.jpg

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

February 27, 2013

European Time Slot

3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific / 20:00 GMT

img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

The following links will allow you to check your local times:

EU Event

NA Event

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM '00 @ Trial Mountain

car_tvr_tuscan_speed_six_00.jpg
track_trial_mountain.jpg

Stewards Notes
Part 2 of the 10 year celebration! Watch out for the monkey!

TrialMountainCircuit_8copy_zps74822a5f.jpg

Another half a tenth shaved off, still three and a half tenths out there on track for my perfect 'alien' lap but I think I will submit my time now :)

New Splits:

One quick session from me:

Replay of the TVR is absolute great to watch,beautiful car.:)

Replay of the TVR is absolute great to watch,beautiful car.:)

👍

On my latest improvement I got close to the grass on turn 1, however at least 2 of my wheels did remain in contact with the track/kerb during the kerb. I have uploaded a photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92792462@N07/8507419269/in/photostream

As you can see it is close but I still have my front tyre half on the kerb, although it looks with the angle the steering is at that at the very next moment the car will go off track, I can assure you by watching the replay that due to the understeer the car carries on in a straight line and this is the closest it gets to being off track. Thought I would just make it a bit easier for people viewing the replay by getting a photo of it :)

Good luck to everyone who has submitted this week :) :cheers: :gtpflag:

Last tries of the day

Submitting with:

Man, I wish I could understand that sector 1 better..

Last edited:
11th hour desperation run...

Up a tenth at the line but still missing just over a tenth, which will have to be declared MIA at this point. I'm done and submitting with this. Good luck guys. :cheers:

Back