GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 105 : WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 169 comments
Yeah, I'd definitely avoid chassis reinforcement on this car as it's already got way too much understeer.

Some improvement - I don't know how, thought I'd reached the end of what I can do, but a few days break does wonders:

Been managing some quicker times today, made up nearly 3 tenths on my previous fastest lap :)

T1 16.489
T2 25.870
T3 21.566

Could maybe find one more tenth in the first sector if I manage to keep on the perfect line and maintain a higher average speed.

Worked out a tune with max rear, min front ride height, it feels really stable in the corners, but under braking for the left at the end of the back straight in particular it takes too long to slow down. So went back to Chris' tune.

I did this yesterday but forgot to post cause I was busy packing for a trip. Will try and improve Monday but I think the time off may make it difficult. Good luck everyone

First ten laps gave me these:

Need to figure out sector 1 it seems :)

Oh yeah I'm still at 435 bhp maybe that's a factor too

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to have another run at this.... Real life is really intruding on my GT time recently. :sly: Managed another tenth-and-a-half gain tonight anyway and hopefully I'll get another go tomorrow. Not likely I'll get a go Monday but I think tonight's lap should do as a banker.

About another 2 tenths lurking out there...

Finally, some decent splits:

I lost 0.25 in T2 by being a bit tentative accelerating out of one of the turns.

EDIT - new splits:

It's going to be tough to find any additional improvement; combining my best splits there's only 0.2s out there.

Last edited:
Finally had a couple of hours to throw at this one. Using Chris' tune but, for some odd reason, left the brake bias at 5/5:boggled: and ABS set to 5.

Splits look like this:

Best sectors all around except T2 but only .040 off my best there so over all pleased. Hope to get a few more hours in as I think I can squeeze another tenth or two out of this one.

A quick last run before retiring for the night:

A .084 gain through the sectors but nearly 3 tenths at the line.

Last edited:
New splits,

T1 16.378
T2 25.978
T3 21.551

Made a huge 0.002 at the line lol! Should have been half a tenth up, but lost time in the final corner.
Still a tenth left in this for me - almost lost it in the right hander at the start of t2.

*edit*

I just wanted to let you guys know a problem I've found at trial mountain - that has also been mentioned as happening online as well in the current seasonal tt forum.

If I load one of my old ghosts, then go to the track and do a few laps, then quit to look in the replay viewer at my sector times.
Then return to the track again, my game freezes when I cross the start/finish line.
This has happened a few times over the week, and also just now. I was surprised to see its been happening also online for the current seasonal tt at trial mountain as well.

Just thought id mention it incase someone doesn't save their best lap replay straight away and returns to the track and their game freezes.

Last edited:
Annoying that they still have issues like this after so long and so many updates.. :ouch: But good arrows for pointing it out anyway Lou 👍

Huge gain for me today as well... an awe inspiring 0.067! 👍

Still about 0.15 left in theory but I'm fairly ok with the lap I have I think. Great fun combo and alot more relaxed than when we ran this track with the Supra. :dopey:

Shot the last corner of T3 all to pieces but still my fastest overall by a good margin. Gonna throw this one at fetchy and call it done.

Another small gain:

T1 16.445
T2 25.995
T3 21.455

Pleased with how Im getting through sector 3 now, just seem to be too far to the right coming out of the tunnel at the start of sector 2 to really get the best exit speed. Still a tenth left there I think, will try again tomorrow.

Nice gains over the week though Lou 👍

Another small step:

See plenty of 16.0 1st sectors but not once do I follow it with a good 2nd sector :dunce: Still about a tenth or so out there but getting tricky to sew it all together now. I think that's me for the night and not sure I'll have time for a run tomorrow. Good luck all. :cheers:

Nice gains over the week though Lou 👍

Another small step:

See plenty of 16.0 1st sectors but not once do I follow it with a good 2nd sector :dunce: Still about a tenth or so out there but getting tricky to sew it all together now. I think that's me for the night and not sure I'll have time for a run tomorrow. Good luck all. :cheers:

You're making me nervous now :nervous: I was fairly comfortable when the gap was 0.075 but 0.007 is a bit close for comfort :lol:

May the best T4 win! :cheers:

Man, what a beat down! I am going to change my user name to Crozz-Slow. I need to work on this tomorrow but alas I have to travel the US for the next 5 days. I would post my splits but I might get drummed out of the league. I am still going to send Fetch my best lap however, I figure it is best to be real than only entering my good days...Have a great week fellow WRS'ers!

Ran this one again, T2 suffered some but better times in other sectors.

Set the brake bias closer the Chris's original and am astounded at the difference. It's baffling to me, however, that having more rear bias can help you turn in even on corners where there is no braking involved!:odd:

Anyway new splits. Personal best in T1 and T3 but not real happy with my T4.

After many attempts at bettering my best it will have to do. Sure is a pretty lap though. Gonna keep this replay...;)

Away on business for 2 weeks. First crack at this tonight. I'll try to improve tomorrow. :crazy:

Scott

Improving slowly. No more time tonight. Maybe tomorrow. This TT will help with my first Rookie race anyhow. :-)

G'nite all.

Scott

I think the fine white line is considered to be the 'edge', as your back inside wheel is not even touching it, I would say it is dirty.

Okay, I should beat it again before the deadline so will update my splits again some point today, it would be nice if one of the admins could say for certain if it is clean or not though 👍

To me it looks as if the bit of track just outside the white line is a faded kerb although it could be the lighting, I know white lines don't tend to mean much generally on this track :confused:

Okay, I should beat it again before the deadline so will update my splits again some point today, it would be nice if one of the admins could say for certain if it is clean or not though 👍

To me it looks as if the bit of track just outside the white line is a faded kerb although it could be the lighting, I know white lines don't tend to mean much generally on this track :confused:

Yeah I know what you mean, as they say : 'It is a thin line ......' :D

As for myself in this tt ; did only do some 'beginners' laps and did not find anymore time to find some seattime on this combo(due to this weekends endurro), so no submittion for me this week. Good luck to all who still tryin to beat their ghosts.

you really want this win ehh, good luck mate 👍, I've never really been able to understand TM, for me there seems to be tarmac there but covered with some dirt, its always hard to tell where there tarmac ends though. Anyway I'll try and get some time to do this tonight and see if I can improve but given I havent driven here since friday and the the thought of bouncing around and understeer may just deter me from even attempting it again.

Back