GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 11 : NASCAR - WRS Style

• Thread starter EDK
  • 459 comments
Assuming the run-off area on left, over the rumble and white line, between the last 2 (banked) turn is out-of-bounds, I'll be submitting my much slower lap. Only had an hour to run this.
Had problems saving clean laps due to saving my above dirty lap. O well, better to submit than to no-show. Forgot to jot down the splits though...

Last edited:
Assuming the run-off area on left, over the rumble and white line, the 2nd-to-last (banked) turn is out-of-bounds, I'll be submitting my much slower lap. Only had an hour to run this.
Had problems saving clean laps due to saving my above dirty lap. O well, better to submit than to no-show. Forgot to jot down the splits though...

The area to the left of the second to last speedway turn is not out of bounds.

Based on my experience from running GT Academy at this track, an earlier apex in that turn makes for a faster line. But I think my submission also has me running out to the left there. Theory and execution sometimes don't agree. ;)

EDK
The area to the left of the second to last speedway turn is not out of bounds.

Based on my experience from running GT Academy at this track, an earlier apex in that turn makes for a faster line. But I think my submission also has me running out to the left there. Theory and execution sometimes don't agree. ;)

Oh, cool, glad I asked. I'll re-submit with my faster time then! 👍

Thanks again, Kevin.

Fetchy says I'm good ta go........ come on T3 "SAVE ME"

Good luk to all

I never could beat my 800 Hp time, just amazing :crazy:

Stotty's setup: 👍

Seen better splits but couldn't hold it together, submitting again and I'm very glad that this one is over....

I don't know which sector is the most impressive! Incredible stuff Zoky.

I couldn't do any better with Stotty's tune, however, I think I'd just hit the mental wall of not believing I could do better.

Done with Kevin's suspension settings and Ramon's gear. Thanks for sharing. 👍

From last night, really bad T1 but best T3 i ever seen.

Not so good to line, but manage to improve .x60.

Submitting with:

T1: 22.491
T2: 20.912
T3: 17.706

Don´t have time to try the new tunes people been talking, so thanks to Chris for his 👍

Submitting with these splits:

T1: 22.291
T2: 20.823
T3: 17.778

Used Kevin/Stotty's setup. The car seemed to drive better than my setup. Unfortunately, I think I forgot the rhythm that I had earlier in the week. A slight improvement though.

Tried Kev's/Stotty's tune and...got the same result = talent wall! I could feel where the car was better and how it was better, but I don't have the resolution in my hands/feet/wheel/pedal combo to thread the needle. Submitting with the splits shown on page 21 (not the ones of the leaderboard which seems to be against me this week).

See you in Spain

Gave a last attempt with the newly posted settings but with the DS3 it was far too hard to control in the bends - however I saw some faster speeds at certain points, so with a wheel I can see how it would go well - my submission is with the splits that are on the leaderboard using the settings posted by Eclipsee - tonnes of thanks for sharing a cracking setup 👍

Good luck to everyone! Hope Chuks wheels came off in T4 or something ;)

Good luck to everyone! Hope Chuks wheels came off in T4 or something ;)

Good luck Millross, but I think Chuk would need to have gone the wrong way to lose his advantage in T4, certainly to me. A bad exit for him out of that last right though and you could be in with a shout.

Good luck to you both, and Mr Brinkley as well...:)

Tried Stotty/Kev setup with no improvement although my FFB seems to not be giving me much feedback with setup changes... so I'm kind of guessing from what the car does mid corner and under braking/acceleration.

Was starting to feel a bit desperate and I threw this setup together:

Gears:
1st 2345
2nd 1715
3rd 1312
4th 1026
Final 3519
Max 211

LSD 9/54/9

RH -20/-27
Springs 13.3/13.3
Dampers comp. 7/7
Dampers ext. 7/7
ARB 6/6
Camber 1.8/1.2
Toe 0.0/0.0

Brake 4/8
ABS 9
TCS 0
Active steering Strong

Chassis repair and fresh oil change

Did a few laps and matched my best a couple of times, then something broke and this happened:

T1: 22.330
T2: 20.696
T3: 17.843

0.1 off my best in both T1 and T3 but I reckon I'm pretty pleased with T2 :dopey:

Up nearly 0.3 at the line. Well happy and submitted with these splits. Don't reckon I'm going to top that now... exceeded my expectations by a long way this week :)

Thanks Red 👍 I've been enjoying T2 for a few days now but I wasn't expecting that... :crazy:

We will know soon....

I'm just going to lie down for a bit with a paper bag over my head... :nervous:

Submitted with splits:

T1 22.466
T2 21.054
T3 17.825

MadMax

The internet is off at the house, so I'm using the computer at the restaurant. I've still been driving, and logged in 2,458.4 miles on my main car. I changed the rear toe to .25, and dropped second to 50%. I then did a chassis refresh and engine rebuild, and will be submitting with these splits.
T1: 22.394
T2: 20.977
T3: 17.641

I went faster in the first two sectors, but this was my fastest total. I'm happy with it, though, and I'm only .012 off my goal. Great race everyone!!! I hope to be back on-line by Wednesday.

Hehehe... all the last minute laps are coming in 👍

Hehehe... all the last minute laps are coming in 👍

I wonder who's fault that is :odd:

:D Good call Chris 👍

Stunning T2, Chris.
Thanks mate.. I was astonished when I watched the replay, I can tell you.

Nice closing splits Chuck.. 👍 ..or are you still racing?

My pedals are really dying now. I would have give it another go, but yet again the brake pedal is stuck. And I think it's more serious now. :(

Submitted with mediocre splits on board. I hope I've fixed my wheel in time for week 12. If not I'll buy me a new one.

Last edited:
Splits for submitted time.

This would have been much more fun if sector 1 wasn't so tricky.

Everything seems to finally be unlocking.. have a bit more time in me.

Want to make sure to get this one in first. Still using Kev/Stot tune

T1: 22.238
T2: 20.722

Last edited:
sigh, work is killing me so I just submitted my time. No chance to move up. :-( hopefully next week I'll have more time. With the flooding going on around here, probably not though. good luck to all.

Everything seems to finally be unlocking.. have a bit more time in me.

Want to make sure to get this one in first. Still using Kev/Stot tune

Sweet 👍 ...but you're a swine. I don't wanna jump back on again now... really think I'm done, so it's yours if you get it mate. :)

Sweet 👍 ...but you're a swine. I don't wanna jump back on again now... really think I'm done, so it's yours if you get it mate. :)

Lol.. sorry. I can't say your T2 didn't inspire me. So, thank you for the inspiration.

I mis-typed my splits above, and edited them... but not sure fetchbot picked that up.

Latest Posts

Back