GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 125 : Dream Machine - From The Original

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 146 comments

Been faster in both sectors by several tenths but I must have just crushed T3 as this is a good half second quicker than my previous best. Might have another half in me if I can hit it all together.

Hey Chris, what is your line through rolling left in the very beginning of sector two? It seems slower to hit the top of the curbs on the right of the middle of that turn. I want to take it lower and exit on the gas. Am I making any sense?On another note, are you using any E-brake touches anywhere?
You're right - running high and using the curb on what appears to be the racing line is slower. Exit speed is higher but you lose too much momentum. Stay roughly in the middlle of the track and use the curb on the left on exit. 👍 Also, no, I never use the handbrake on any combo... even rally events. I know a few people have found an advantage in using it here and there but I can't bring myself to do it. :P

You're right - running high and using the curb on what appears to be the racing line is slower. Exit speed is higher but you lose too much momentum. Stay roughly in the middlle of the track and use the curb on the left on exit. 👍 Also, no, I never use the handbrake on any combo... even rally events. I know a few people have found an advantage in using it here and there but I can't bring myself to do it. :P

Thanks Chris!! Appreciate that!

No worries. :)

Pretty good 1st sector, lost about 0.15 in sector 2 and another tenth in sector 3... Bloody love this combo. 👍

Lost a tenth or two in T2 skidding going into the first tunnel.

The car appears to have quite a bit of understeer, I've found that changing down going into some corners helps the car to turn. Tricky to grasp as I've been doing the opposite in GT Academy :rolleyes:

I had a wonderful sit down with this combo today. What a dream to drive!!!!! :sly:

Al

Wow there's a lot of people in div 3 running thus week. I think I need to try and give Mitch a run for his money ;)

Just watched Chris' video. Jeez- it's flying even in chase cam. Need to call it the UFO instead of FTO.

Wow there's a lot of people in div 3 running thus week. I think I need to try and give Mitch a run for his money

I will give it a late go. But I only got one day, so I'll give it my best shot...

Looks like I will need lots of practise.... :)

Last edited:
Damn, I feel like I'm running thru bear country with 20 fish tied around my neck with a pack of hungry bears chasing me. :lol::lol:

Easy guys, a crippled up old man can only run so fast. :lol::nervous::scared:

Damn, I feel like I'm running thru bear country with 20 fish tied around my neck with a pack of hungry bears chasing me. :lol::lol:

Lol Mitch, you can not fool us anymore now, you are the defenite leader of the pack, and they get chased (followed) all the time, so get used to it my friend :D

I need to run again, so you're not the only one out of practice.

Found some improvement, and the combo is so much fun that it is worth to skip the academy for this weekend :)

New splits.

Tune is dialed in, this bitch is ready to run. 👍

What's your tune ol buddy ;)

I will give it a late go. But I only got one day, so I'll give it my best shot...

Looks like I will need lots of practise.... :)

If I run this week, it won't be much of a run either. Heck, I've only been able to do about a hour of the academy since it came out.

Don't worry, if I beat you, you'll still win. I can't submit any times. My wife loaned our laptop to her brother to do his college work for a couple weeks.

I need to run again, so you're not the only one out of practice.

Yeah, it's really blossomed since I went for a break. I remember Div 2 having 10 contenders most weeks. How things have reversed with promotions.

That's good though! I see quite a few new faces. Hope every week turns out like this ;)

Lol Mitch, you can not fool us anymore now, you are the defenite leader of the pack, and they get chased (followed) all the time, so get used to it my friend :D

Found some improvement, and the combo is so much fun that it is worth to skip the academy for this weekend :)

Nice improvement Frank. 👍

I too have decided to skip the Academy....altogether. My skill level is just not up there yet to compete with the "big boys" so just decided to quit wasting my time with that. Maybe in another year or two I'll be where I need to be to be a serious contender, but until then then, I'll just keep practicing and learning from the people that know. I'm having much more fun here with you guys anyways and learning from everyone here.

EDIT: Thanks for the kind words Frank but I'm hardly the leader of the pack. I'm just an old man trying to accomplish a goal and sometimes along the way, I get lucky, that's all.

Last edited:

Just can't wait until I can get back to it again. Talk about crippled up Old Man. Lately it's been pain or meds keeping me from doing any serious racing. Hopefully with surgery on my lumbar the 18th it will fix things and I can enjoy my racing with you guys! :ill:

Just can't wait until I can get back to it again. Talk about crippled up Old Man. Lately it's been pain or meds keeping me from doing any serious racing. Hopefully with surgery on my lumbar the 18th it will fix things and I can enjoy my racing with you guys! :ill:

Hope all goes well Gayle with your surgery, recovery, ect. Miss seeing you out here with us. The pain and meds has just became a way of life for me anymore and just continue to race on regardless. Hell, maybe that's whats holding me back, all the damn meds I take. :lol: More times than not, I feel like a drunkin' sailor trying to play this game. :lol::lol:

Anyways, hope to see you back and running with us soon Gayle. Good luck with the surgery. 👍

We should make a racing league of our own, 'grumpy old men' :D

@Mitch, I understand youre thoughts on the academy, same here. We all know that you have good skills when it comes to TT, no need to denie or be modest about that, you will get there for sure...just need to believe in yourself 👍 I really would love to race you online, maybe it'll happen in the next edition ?!

For myself, I hope to be able to finish the last races in GT5 under division 2 flag, would make myself veryproud to see I started 18 months ago in Div 5....

So puttin' some more effort in this one to realise that goal ;)

Hell, maybe that's whats holding me back, all the damn meds I take. :lol: More times than not, I feel like a drunkin' sailor trying to play this game. :lol::lol:

Anyways, hope to see you back and running with us soon Gayle. Good luck with the surgery. 👍
That's exactly how I feel, like a drunken Sailor! But worse. Hell stay on the Meds Mitch, you're kicking everyone's butt as it is!!! :sly: Thanks for the well wishes.

My first 35 laps on this combo (at franks place, switchin from one ps3 to another :) ) :

Left 0.2 in the first sector, but combined with my best second sector and an avarage last one, these splits give me my actual best lap time...

Back