GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 125 : Dream Machine - From The Original

• Thread starter MadMax
  • 146 comments
Tiny improvement. There's more there, I just can't put three good sectors together.

Thanks Al and Gayle, you guys combined with the very good time of Mitch, were all I needed to get motivated 👍

Oh, he'll catch us, I have no doubts about that. :nervous:

Sorry Mitch :D , do you know more things yet to come ? ;)

Last edited:
I was up by .250 going thru the last tunnel and got so excited that I totally screwed up those esses. :banghead: Needless to say, I will be on a mission tomorrow to get that time back. I'll be damn if I'm going to leave that much out there.

Edit: @Frank: As you can see, I still have some left in the tank....and I will get it back tomorrow. :sly:

Good run tho by you, just like I knew you would. 👍

Good night all, gotta get some sleep. It was a fun day today. We'll have to do it again tomorrow. 👍

Last edited:
I was up by .250 going thru the last tunnel and got so excited that I totally screwed up those esses. :banghead: Needless to say, I will be on a mission tomorrow to get that time back. I'll be damn if I'm going to leave that much out there.

Now this one I even saw comming .... never thought you would give up yet...good luck, I am sure you can improve...

I will probably submit with this time....and no seat time left on this combo...

I've switched to torque split of 30/70 and brake bias of 6/4, the car is now better powering out of corners and more stable braking into them.

I lost half a tenth or so in T3 by going wide coming out of the tunnel.

Nice sector 1 times Mj and Matthew 👍

Up a mighty 0.01 at the line. Threw away a 1'09.870 at T2 last night so still chasing....

30/70 is better for me too.

Pretty rubbish at sector one, never been below .190

Nice sector 2 though Matt. 👍

A bit more here:

Lost a tenth in sector 1 and half a tenth in sector 3. Chores to do now, then dinner... back to chasing this later I think. :)

Nice sector 2 though Matt. 👍

A bit more here:

Lost a tenth in sector 1 and half a tenth in sector 3. Chores to do now, then dinner... back to chasing this later I think. :)

Nice splits there Chris. You really set the bar high each and every week. Really don't understand why you're not D1 Gold yet, but its coming soon I think and it will be well deserved when it does. :cheers:

I agree, but most weeks Chris is the benchmark, so he's the unofficial 'gold' standard irrespective of stats :D

Very hard at this stage to improve on sub 1.5 handicap because of the lower spread of drivers. Even James and Ramon on perfect laps are often over!

Edit: ooh 1500 posts, how splendid

Appreciate that Mitch (edit - and Matt :sly:) but D1G aliens are pretty special and I've had some dodgy handicaps here and there.. plus I generally have to put a good few hours in to get a time that James (for instance) can get in less than 30 minutes. :crazy:

Evening session over...

Went a bit wide in turn 1 and lost maybe half a tenth. Lost a tenth in sector 2 but no mistakes... and a decent last sector similar to my best. Its good for a banker but I'd like one more tenth. Last session tomorrow night to see what I can muster.

Good luck guys :cheers:

Darn T1.... PB's in both T2 and T3! :) which equalled a whopping 3/10 ths at the line! I will give it another go and try to better my T1.

Al

Darn T1.... PB's in both T2 and T3! :) which equalled a whopping 3/10 ths at the line! I will give it another go and try to better my T1.

Your T1 looks fine. I think T2 is more important, and that's what I'm going to work on next.

Your T1 looks fine. I think T2 is more important, and that's what I'm going to work on next.

Thanks, I am happy with the lap, I reached my goal and a little bit more! But I have had a T1 almost 2/10 ths faster, darn turn 1!!!

Best t2 so far, T1 ws slightly slower, and T3 was near my best. I improved .4 at the line. Hopefully, I get some time before deadline tomorrow, to see if I can put them all together.

New splits.

Not quite what I was looking for, but an improvement nonetheless. Will try for the old "Hail Mary" tomorrow.

EDIT: Damn, just noticed that I have driven 2,206 miles in this TT. :crazy: Talk about dedication and determination. :lol: NGU!!!!

Last edited:

It's starting to come together for me, so I really hope I will have more time for this TT before the deadline...

It has become frustrating for me. I have to put it away for the night, Maybe! :)

I'm very slow in sector 1,but I can't seem to work out what I'm doing wrong. I think I'm submitting with these.

Question, outside of tunnel at beginning of bridge, white line and paved track beyond is part of track or out of bounds?

Last edited:
Back