GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 129 : Harmonious Balance

• Thread starter EDK
  • 301 comments
Running it down to the wire, I think ill submit with these splits:

If you don't mind me asking, did you use one of the posted tunes or your own? I'm trying to find out if its my driving style or if I need to adjust the tunes a bit to work with the ds3

My late run pays off. Pretty shaky sector 4, but still .11 better than anything I have had at the line. I may have another go at it, but I am happy with my time.

Thanks!! I'll give it a try later on to see if it would have made a difference

The three things that have been a plus on the ds3 are a higher ride height (I used 5/5), slightly softer springs (7/8.5) and the huge rear toe (-0.05/-0.60) this makes the first section doable, hit quite a few .1s

Going to the wire.

:scared:

The three things that have been a plus on the ds3 are a higher ride height (I used 5/5), slightly softer springs (7/8.5) and the huge rear toe (-0.05/-0.60) this makes the first section doable, hit quite a few .1s

Now does this generally apply to all tunes or just this track? Also does steering sensitivity make that much of a difference? I have it see to 7.

:scared:

Now does this generally apply to all tunes or just this track? Also does steering sensitivity make that much of a difference? I have it see to 7.

I don't really know to be honest, but my general rule is make the car oversteer more than a wheel setup :P yeah I have it set to 7 as well.

After I just helped you in the Corvette thread. :ouch: I think you just jumped Manu. :eek: Awesome splits there, Ron. 👍

Nice jump there too, MacGuyver. 👍

After I just helped you in the Corvette thread. :ouch: I think you just jumped Manu. :eek: Awesome splits there, Ron. 👍

Nice jump there too, MacGuyver. 👍

LOL :lol:(I know that speak isn't allowed, but I had to!!)

Damn it, damn it, damn it. I was just up by ,203 going into the last sector and somehow lost it all with the run thru to the line..arrrrrgggggg. Anyways, got to submit with the last posted splits. I've got blood on my wheel and skin hanging off my paddle shifters. :lol: My hands are raw with blisters and I'm spent. I don't think I have ever put so much into a TT before, just wow. Kinda worried about my last sector now tho. Maybe it wasn't as good as I thought. Sure did feel and look good tho.

Anyways, it was a blast chasing you down Wins. Honestly don't know how this is gonna turn out, but win or lose, it was great fun. Massive props to you for doing what you did with a controller. :bowdown::bowdown: A lot of respect for you and the rest of the DS3 users...awesome work you guys. Alright, gotta go tend to the blisters and wash the wheel down. :lol: Again, great run Mr. Wins...and to everyone else. Peace.

Thanks Lucas. Landlord is selling the house we're in so have to find another. This may be my last real race for a while (will try to get a few in the corvette) so I wanted to give it my best shot. Plus, I love this track and the car was a hoot to drive.

But the real clencher was I changed to a black paint job with the gold rims, I dont know what I was thinking trying to do it with a white car and all!

And Mitch, lighten up bro, you won your division for Petes sake!

Last edited:
Thanks Lucas. Landlord is selling the house we're in so have to find another. This may be my last real race for a while (will try to get a few in the corvette) so I wanted to give it my best shot. Plus, I love this track and the car was a hoot to drive.

But the real clencher was I changed to a black paint job with the gold rims, I dont know what I was thinking trying to do it with a white car and all!

And Mitch, lighten up bro, you won your division for Petes sake!

I think you are mistaken, I didn't win crap. Wins finished ahead of me by almost .200 and I highly doubt I made that up in the last sector. The win goes to Win. :lol:

I think you are mistaken, I didn't win crap. Wins finished ahead of me by almost .200 and I highly doubt I made that up in the last sector. The win goes to Win. :lol:

Go look at the results :) you beat me by 0.090. Fantastic job Mitch!! Great run!

You realise you can see the results before the thread is posted? ;)

Well then, you just made me feel like the biggest dumbass that there was. :lol::dunce: No, I was not aware that you could. My apologies to ConRollins then, I feel like such an ass right now. Very sorry my friend with my tone in that post. I'm just wound up still from the adrenalin rush with my last minute run. Think I may need to take one of my pills and relax a bit. :lol:

Well then, you just made me feel like the biggest dumbass that there was. :lol::dunce: No, I was not aware that you could. My apologies to ConRollins then, I feel like such an ass right now. Very sorry my friend with my tone in that post. I'm just wound up still from the adrenalin rush with my last minute run. Think I may need to take one of my pills and relax a bit. :lol:

Don't sweat it man. I am chuckling with you, not at you.:)

Don't sweat it man. I am chuckling with you, not at you.:)

Thanks friend for understanding. I just get so wound up, its hard to calm down sometimes. You know, the heat of the battle and all that. I just get so intense into these things, its like a real adrenaline rush for me whenever I'm running these, just gotta learn to calm down I guess.

@MacGyver & Wins: Thanks guys, appreciate it. Very intense battle with you this week Wins. Although admittedly frustrating at times, it was all great fun doing battle with you.👍 And like I said before, mad props to you for doing it on the DS3. :bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks friend for understanding. I just get so wound up, its hard to calm down sometimes. You know, the heat of the battle and all that. I just get so intense into these things, its like a real adrenaline rush for me whenever I'm running these, just gotta learn to calm down I guess.

@MacGyver & Wins: Thanks guys, appreciate it. Very intense battle with you this week. Although admittedly frustrating at times, it was all great fun doing battle with you.👍 And like I said before, mad props to you for doing it on the DS3. :bowdown::bowdown:

Yea it was great. I knew my Time wasn't great when I lost 2 tenths in T3 and another .06 in t4. I gave it my best, and to quote you from the lotus on week 116, we know who the better man this week is ;) great job though! Hopefully I'll get some time in on the 'vette! I told you, I'm gonna push you right up division by division!

Mitch 1
Brandon 0

Yea. I'm starting it!

Yea it was great. I knew my Time wasn't great when I lost 2 tenths in T3 and another .06 in t4. I gave it my best, and to quote you from the lotus on week 116, we know who the better man this week is ;) great job though! Hopefully I'll get some time in on the 'vette! I told you, I'm gonna push you right up division by division!

Mitch 1
Brandon 0

Yea. I'm starting it!

And I'm going to do the same to you. 👍 Together we shall conquer all. :lol: (Damn, after reading that, that just sounded corny as hell. :lol::lol:) At any rate Brandon, it is sincererly great fun having our little battles each week and really makes things interesting. May get into the 'Vette in a bit, just gotta wait for my hands to stop stinging a bit. :ouch: Peace.

Back