GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 129 : Harmonious Balance

• Thread starter EDK
  • 301 comments
Ok, making a comeback here......persistence is paying off, nevermind the bleeding blisters and blood on the wheel. I'm driving pissed....and its working. :lol: Who knew. :odd:

With a killer run to the line. NGU!!! Adjusted my tune a bit more also to fit my weird driving style. Things almost like driving a Cadillac. :lol:

EDIT: Ok, done for the night, gotta take care of my bloody hands now and clean off my steering wheel. :ouch: Will give it my usual "Hail Mary" tomorrow as there is some new found time left out there for me to chase down. Peace and good running everyone...learned a little bit more about things today. 👍

Last edited:

Still leaving 2-3 tenths out there but a good improvement tonight. Was irritated I couldn't get this lap last night. Submitting to fetchy so I don't forget this week. Maybe I can make a consecutive run like Al until GT6 rolls around. :cheers:

Tidied up the final sector, with a similar run through the first 3:

I saw a .0xx in T1 and a .6xx in T2, so I'm not happy with the .4 that I've left, but the Corvette @ Laguna was calling. :P

Had some time after the Vette. nice car and track, got promotion so not sure of division I'm in for this TT. Pretty good for Div 4, but fair in Div 3!

Submitted last night. Won't be able to have another go at this, Good luck everyone! Good luck Mitch. You might have me in T4, lost about .06 there from my ghost

I'm with Mitch, I have no idea how you guys took the first 3 turns flat out. I can take the first 2, but if I didn't lift on the lefty, it sent me into the wall. I was beginning to think it couldn't be done on a DS3 until I saw Spud's time. I'll definitely be checking that replay to see how he done it!! Lol

Last edited:
Have you guys watched my 1st sector video? That pretty much nails it. :)

Submitted last night. Won't be able to have another go at this, Good luck everyone! Good luck Mitch. You might have me in T4, lost about .06 there from my ghost.

Good luck to you also. 👍 I've also submitted with my last posted splits but still will have my usual last go at it in a bit.

Yea, my last sector was magic, spot on. Will never be able to pull that off again I don't think. And with the adjustments to my tune, I'm finally able to go flat out to the tunnel, but its still sort of a crap shoot for me. It will be close though. Best and funnest battle I've had with you yet and its been a joy my friend. :cheers:

@Chris: Yea, watched it many times...in awe. 👍 Like I said, I had to make many adjustments to my tune before I was able to flat foot it through there. For the life of me, I don't know how you are doing it with your setup (springs) tho. Not knocking your tuning at all, but for me that thing drives like an uncontrollable lumber wagon through there for me. Just different styles/preferences I guess and what each person is comfortable with. Nice run again this week, you continue to amaze. :bowdown::cheers:

Last edited:
Yea, my last sector was magic, spot on. Will never be able to pull that off again I don't think...

If I've learnt anything from the WRS since I started in week 8 its that if you've done it once Mitch (or anyone for that matter) you can do it again...

If I've learnt anything from the WRS since I started in week 8 its that if you've done it once Mitch (or anyone for that matter) you can do it again...

True that, plus you can even do much better than you thought possible :)

True that, plus you can even do much better than you thought possible :)

That is what I'm really learning about myself. Just when I think I've reached my peak, and after a little ranting, :lol: I always seem to do better after a bit.

@Chris: Yea, watched it many times...in awe. 👍 Like I said, I had to make many adjustments to my tune before I was able to flat foot it through there. For the life of me, I don't know how you are doing it with your setup (springs) tho. Not knocking your tuning at all, but for me that thing drives like an uncontrollable lumber wagon through there for me. Just different styles/preferences I guess and what each person is comfortable with. Nice run again this week, you continue to amaze. :bowdown::cheers:
The setup was actually optimised for the rest of the track so like I said earlier, sector 1 was a bit of a crap-shoot with it. I've done that 1st sector so many times, in so many different cars, it just falls into place more easily now. But cheers Mitch, its been a fun week.

I'm submitting with what I have - don't think there's any way I'm going to get a desperation run in tonight and even if I did, I wouldn't have much hope of nailing a magic lap in a short session.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Agreed Chris, good luck everyone. :cheers:

Submitted with current splits. Thanks much for the 3 main tunes, Chris, Praiano, and Baron. 👍

EDIT: Oops, forgot that escama and Porsche posted tunes as well, I just didn't have time to try them. :( 👍

Last edited:
Just missed the submition deadline
But here are my splits anyway ;-)

Got to work on the last 2 Sektors, but this is preety good for 6 hours driving.
The last time I raced was months ago, so I needed to get into the game again :-)
Hope I will never have to stop for so long again! :-)

Super tight races in D1 and D2! Lucas just will not let me keep that number 2 spot on the board! Killer T1 time there mate. Have no clue how one could possibly see a .0xx through there. I keep scrubbing too much speed making the left toward the tunnel. I found if I blipped the throttle halfway through the turn, I could actually make a good run into the tunnel, but .2xx was the best I ever saw.

I was using Praiano's tune for the longest while (not the one he posted in this thread, but the one he has up in his tuning thread). I liked the stability. I switched to Chris's tune and thought it was a little loose, but I found it pretty quick once I adjusted. Switched to Baron's tune late, but found the taller gearing was just too much and kept losing too much time coming out of what I call the carrousel (the large hairpin after the long tunnel) and then the left in front of the lake.

After adjusting the gears to more my liking (standard - set to min speed then adjust gears blah blah blah), I was rather pleased with it. Was looking forward to running a few last laps, and then got a call this morning to come in and cover for the boss. If I can get home soon enough, I'll run one more session to see if I can climb back ahead of Lucas.

If not, good luck all and see you at the finish line.

It's been fun clawing our way up to Manu. :D Good luck with getting that banzai run. 👍

The setup was actually optimised for the rest of the track so like I said earlier, sector 1 was a bit of a crap-shoot with it. I've done that 1st sector so many times, in so many different cars, it just falls into place more easily now. But cheers Mitch, its been a fun week.

I'm submitting with what I have - don't think there's any way I'm going to get a desperation run in tonight and even if I did, I wouldn't have much hope of nailing a magic lap in a short session.

Good luck guys. :cheers:

Ah, I see. I guess that would explain why it indeed felt better on the rest of the track. :lol: I never tune that way, for a specific part of the track, but I guess it has its advantages. 👍 Still have a lot to learn I guess. Thanks for your insight. 👍

Just had my second run at this - really wished I started earlier/ found more time, its a really fun combo, but Im working 6 days a week currently.

Also cut my steering thumb on a box at work lol - really lame sounding ds3 injury. :P

Good luck to those still running, my s4 isn't great, but still looks close going into the results from the board. Good luck to those still running.

Wow, very close for D2, good luck guys 👍 somehow my .5 advantage vanished :(

Got nervous in sector 3 :scared: crossing fingers for a good sector 4. Good luck to late runners

Last edited:
I've reached my limit with this track. Just when you think the perfect lap is upon you, anxiety kicks into high gear and the car spins on the last sector. I do get a little chuckle out of how hard the car hits the wall though.

Submitted last night. Won't be able to have another go at this, Good luck everyone! Good luck Mitch. You might have me in T4, lost about .06 there from my ghost

I'm with Mitch, I have no idea how you guys took the first 3 turns flat out. I can take the first 2, but if I didn't lift on the lefty, it sent me into the wall. I was beginning to think it couldn't be done on a DS3 until I saw Spud's time. I'll definitely be checking that replay to see how he done it!! Lol

Unfortunately I just beat my time by a hundredth, with my T1 being my worst sector!

That was a tough one indeed. At least it was hard to master for me. Lots of ups and downs. Just started on Thursday - but pretty much raced the 🤬 out of me :)
And also I'm kind of dissapointed of my performance. The gap between my theoretical best and what i've done is much to huge (0'00.6xx).
But i didn't gave up, analyzed my laps and learned a lot. That's good. Just had also a lack of luck in putting it all together in one lap.

As this was my 1st TT here in the WRS, I really would like to say a big thanks to the guys who makin all this possible here. It's great.
And also a big THANKS to all the guys here who share their knowledge (with setups, videos etc.). I really appreciate it.

A nice evening to everybody :)
Mac

Still a few tenths for me to find, if I can hold it together for a great lap.

Didn't gain much, but I'm hitting my limit now. Going to submit with the lap these splits.

Last edited:
I've reached my limit with this track. Just when you think the perfect lap is upon you, anxiety kicks into high gear and the car spins on the last sector. I do get a little chuckle out of how hard the car hits the wall though.

I know what you mean Grieco. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but sometimes if I crashed hard, the system would act like I had damage on. Could crank the steering wheel a full turn and the car would not turn..even at slow speed. Looked at the car symbol but it didn't show any damage (because the damage was off) but the car acted as though it had heavy damage. Very strange!

I know what you mean Grieco. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but sometimes if I crashed hard, the system would act like I had damage on. Could crank the steering wheel a full turn and the car would not turn..even at slow speed. Looked at the car symbol but it didn't show any damage (because the damage was off) but the car acted as though it had heavy damage. Very strange!

It's a glitch with this car, and it's been there since the beginning.

Yup, I noticed it too. It didn't appear to have damage if you wrecked within the first few laps. If I hit the wall to hard after five or six laps it wouldn't turn left. Very weird.

Back