GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 23 : HKS HSR Time Attack

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
Does this mean we have a confirmed alien to judge our times again this week? (fingers crossed)
Some of you guys I don't recognize, so I've lost track of what's alien and not lately, makes it hard for me to judge how well I've done.
It's good to see people coming back too. 👍

The only way to really judge how well you have done is when you finish a lap and all your body is shaking because you don't want to screw on the last turn and that you DO get it perfectly. That is when you must be proud, not if you reach other people's times! But I know if that specific lap is faster than your friend's one, it feels a little better :sly:

New Splits:
T1: 26.943
T2: 19.674

Wow, Usual Suspect, equal at the split and the sector times are very similar too.👍

new splits.

T1: 27.012
T2: 19.738

Finding 5 10 BB to be real sweet for the 2nd corner at the moment.👍

Also you cant get a great T1 without a great T3 at this track. Need a fast start.

Edit: yeah 20.012 is just wishful thinking. lol

new splits.

T1: 20.012
T2: 19.738
I think you need to edit T1 or tell me that T3 secret you have.:sly:

The progressive banking on this track really makes for some interesting lines where you can carry tons of speed. Really enjoying it.👍 And thank the lord for the curbing on the outside of the final corner.

Last edited:
Ugh, I pick the most frustraiting time to come back to WRS.

T1: 28.217

T2: 20.048

My one and only try on this. I'm just too terrible to try this again and I'm just fuming at how this comes from the only clean lap I can do and can't go any faster without hitting the wall:indiff:

Hey, when I save the ghost replay and then go view it in replay theatre using the Live Timing Monitor, it shows the T1 and T2 times, but seems to finish the replay before the T3 is displayed? The time shown when selecting the file to replay seems to be correct, but the big time display in gold during the replay is wrong?

Hey, when I save the ghost replay and then go view it in replay theatre using the Live Timing Monitor, it shows the T1 and T2 times, but seems to finish the replay before the T3 is displayed? The time shown when selecting the file to replay seems to be correct, but the big time display in gold during the replay is wrong?

If you didn't set it on your first lap you have to wait for the replay to go pass T1 and T2. Once you hit those times the previous times will be overwritten with the T times from that fastest laps.
As for the T3, posting times in here you only need to post the T1 and T2.
If you really want to know your T3 time...
Lap Time minus [T1 plus T2] = T3 time.

I hope some of that made sense.:lol:

EDIT: The time it shows in the replay is your previous best lap time.

First splits, fastest T1 :embarrassed:. Bad sector and not the best to the finish :lol:.

T1: 26.702
T2: 19.657

For the people struggeling I might aswell give some tips to make this even more close racing. First 30min I struggeled in T1, key is dont try and hit the apex in Turn 2, stay as wide as possible. If you are lucky the curbstone will 'bounce' you in the right angle (not the wall :dunce:).
Same goes for the last turn up to the finishline, stay as wide as possible no apex.

Hope this saves you guys some time figuring this out, if it doesnt I am a newb :dopey:.

New splits:
T1: 26.751
T2: 19.643

Mutch faster at the line, about 0.150 off :). Still no good sector 2 times :(.

Last edited:
Nice tips CICO will give it a try. I found that I need to stay high for all turns except turn 1, which I take high - ease low and then ease back up high again. Also found that staying in 5th and not dropping to 4th makes a big difference.

I'm going to pass on this one guys. I can't drive this thing through the S turns.
You guys have alot more patience and finese then me.

Just want to thank all the admins. for taking the time to make these events happen, good work!!👍

See ya next week.

Hey guys, quick question...

What is the exact layout we must use when sending the PM? Not sure with the new fetchbot thingy.... Thanks

Hey guys, quick question...

What is the exact layout we must use when sending the PM? Not sure with the new fetchbot thingy.... Thanks

Literally, the only thing in the PM should be -

Time: x'xx.xxx

Make sure you don't have any special formatting, etc.

Make sure you use the exact subject title noted in the first post as well.

EDK
Literally, the only thing in the PM should be -

Time: x'xx.xxx

Make sure you don't have any special formatting, etc.

Make sure you use the exact subject title noted in the first post as well.

So no splits?

So no splits?

No splits.

You post your splits here in the thread and the fetchbot picks them up automatically.

Same way you see everyone else doing it in here.

T1: 0'26.810
T2: 0'19.594

Phillip.

Sweet 👍

I'd also like to thank Phillip for putting my dummy back in. 👍

Some progress:

Now I'm not whining I've seen a couple of 26.7s and started getting in the 19.5s regularly. Can be frustrating though.... hesitate in turn 2 and Whoosh! there goes 4 tenths.

First attempt. What a weird lines this car wants, something to get used to. :scared:

First race in long time on the HSR and I noticed that the invisible walls are not so forgiving anymore. 👍

T1: 27.726
T2: 19.886

Going to try the "stay wide" suggestion and see what that does for me. It seems to want to be there anyway soooo.... :dopey:

Like many times, my quickest lap occurs within the first 5 laps that I attempt :banghead:

Getting to silly bits now so may not go again, never been one for chasing a tenth all week.

And your welcome Chris. 👍

T1: 0'26.785
T2: 0'19.584

Phillip.

Like many times, my quickest lap occurs within the first 5 laps that I attempt :banghead:

Yes, tires seem to wear-out quickly in GT5's TTs. :)

Ok. I don't really understand. I can barely do 27.6 with driving as fast as it will go.

Back