GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 23 : HKS HSR Time Attack

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
All about the line mate so that you shorten the distance as much as possible without scrubbing off too much speed. As a starting point, run around the inside of turn 1 and the outside of turn 2, and iterate from there. I've only done 10 laps so far, but I think that will work OK with some tweaking to entry line on turn 1 to not scrub speed on the exit.

Hmmm... faster is faster, no matter how miniscule the improvement:

Up 0.1 at the line though. Looking for 0.2 on the lap as usual. I've had a 26.757 and a 19.581, I just need to introduce them to each other and hope they get along famously with my favourite T3.

First hour long session. Took half of that time just to find the optimum line.

T1: 27.211
T2: 19.877

Probably have a good amount of time to make up with as much tire smoke as I saw while reviewing the replay.

Ok. I don't really understand. I can barely do 27.6 with driving as fast as it will go.

I think the speed you carry out of the last turn across the start finishline will be a HUGE factor.
Given the length of the straight, every little bit will count on a track this short.

Getting to silly bits now so may not go again, never been one for chasing a tenth all week.

Phillip.

Unfortunately, I'm not that bright....and waayyy too stubborn.

New splits:
T1: 26.935
T2: 19.938

For an overall improvement of .007!:dopey:

Well done Hydro - I've won and lost positions on results day by less than that!

Wk8 - Peter (Sidplayos2) beat me by 0.002
Wk9 - I beat Phillip (Eriba) by 0.003 (the one and only time I think :lol:)
Wk11 - Barra beat me by 0.004

Every little bit counts :sly:

Last edited:
Hey Carlos, your stats are fun to read but the Leaderboards misinterpreted them... Or you have a secret that allows you to fly faster than speed of light? :sly:

Hey Carlos, your stats are fun to read but the Leaderboards misinterpreted them... Or you have a secret that allows you to fly faster than speed of light? :sly:

Fixed those. ;)

Here are mine -

I still stand by my original comment, this is an enjoyable combo, as combos at HSR go. :dopey:

EDK
Fixed those. ;)

Here are mine -

I still stand by my original comment, this is an enjoyable combo, as combos at HSR go. :dopey:

Kev... Is that only because this combo requires the least amount of controller moves/clicks to get started, so far? ( ie, HSR is the first track, the car is about 3 to the right, the tires are already stock...) :lol:

Just kidding. Only had a few laps on DS3 so far. Embarrassed about my splits, so will wait until I "get it" (and get a chance to wheel (DFGT) it up).

EDIT: Man, how do you find these combo's! Just perfect. Seems so simple, but I can see another 8+ hours needed for par...

Last edited:
So I was driving the X2010 for the first time today, and had the wheel unplugged cause I can't stand all the vibration, and decided to try this with it unplugged.

I still have no clue how to get .7's. But progress is encouraging. It's weird driving unplugged, nirvana

Has anybody else found smoking tires faster at all?

I'm going to sit this one out and watch from the sidelines - it's not my cup of tea. I've raced every week since week 3, I'll take a 1 week holiday :D

Right - who wants a cheerleader.... I'm not all that pretty in lycra but I can wave pompoms with the best of them

Finally saw a T1 of 26.776, pleased with that and improvement in T2 also.

I think that about does her fer dis one.:dopey:

I know you’ve been here a number of years Matt, this is not a user friendly DS3 combo but I’m sure you can make a reasonable time at the line.

You must have run this track time and time again over the years, reading back through some of the posts, for those that may not have, forget about T1 & T2.

From the moment you enter the dark side till being reborn into the light; your thoughts must be of one thing, how the hell am I going to master that last bend, when to turn in, come off the gas, do I run the cobbles on the exit, what’s the best line. So much time can be won or lost here; you can be 2 or 3 tenths down at T2 but still pip it at the line.

Phillip.

Starting to find the line just as I'm running out of time for me this week. Oh well.

Good luck to all.

I know you’ve been here a number of years Matt, this is not a user friendly DS3 combo but I’m sure you can make a reasonable time at the line.

You must have run this track time and time again over the years, reading back through some of the posts, for those that may not have, forget about T1 & T2.

From the moment you enter the dark side till being reborn into the light; your thoughts must be of one thing, how the hell am I going to master that last bend, when to turn in, come off the gas, do I run the cobbles on the exit, what’s the best line. So much time can be won or lost here; you can be 2 or 3 tenths down at T2 but still pip it at the line.

Phillip.

:lol: your words are now echoing in my head Phillip every time I go through the tunnel :nervous: And yet...

19.599 :cool:

It's a pain going back into GT mode every time you want to view a replay isn't it...

Last edited:
I'm having problems here. My game keeps freezing a second before the end of the lap, 3 times in a row now :confused:
Anyone have any advice?

I'm having problems here. My game keeps freezing a second before the end of the lap, 3 times in a row now :confused:
Anyone have any advice?

having the same problem as you just thought is was my ps3 on the blink but turns out to be another bug in the long list in this beautiful game.. As Carlos has all ready mentioned dont load the ghost and you will be fine..

Man I didn't reralize how frustrating this WRC was going to be.. Think I finally nailed T3 at last, first two sectors are much the same but am 300th quicker overall.. Just need to get into the 26s in T1... easier said than done though... I shall succeed, im not sure when or how this will happen but it will http://cache.gtpla.net/forum/images/smilies/ouch.gif

Spot on Phillip - another lap-time killer 3rd Sector. Exit speed from T2 counts there as well.

It's a pain going back into GT mode every time you want to view a replay isn't it...

Yep... what happened to Replay Theatre option being in the Main Menu? Some very odd omissions in GT5...

Anyway, stop creeping up behind me Jon, you're making me paranoid. :P

Nice T2 by the way Dominic 👍

And don't forget to avoid that pesky invisiwall. Although I do agree with Denur's comment that it seems much less forgiving than on Prologue. I think they might have moved it further out, so that you can't ride it without hooking your wheel on the other side of the rumble and setting off the "Next Lap Invalidated" warning, repeatedly. :lol: But still, beware.

I would say the greater danger is the wall on the right on the exit of turn 2 (Just before T2 split).

Another comment - For those of you struggling for time through the esses, brake at or just before the last marker sign, which seems too late. And take a very late apex line. The wider entry allows earlier throttle application without pushing you wide. And helps you set up for the second apex. I'm braking and steering aggressively to get the car rotated, trying to get close to the rumble without touching it, and mashing it as soon as able without hitting the tunnel wall on exit. That's a carefully timed maneuver. Essentially, your entry angle into the esses, and your throttle timing coming out will make or break the second sector.

I don't have the very fastest second sector, but I don't have the slowest. And I've had better than the 1 on the board. ;)

Back