• Track: Original Circuits > High Speed Ring
  • Car Type: Arcade Only > Premium
  • Make: Japan > HKS
  • Model: CT230R '08

Vehicle Specifics:

• Power: 571 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1068 kg (Stock)
  • Transmission: Optional
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid: OFF (Those Found using this Aid will be DQ'd) - Be Careful - The Setting for This Aid is Whatever You Used Last - Be sure it's set to 'Off'
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • Other Aids (Traction Control, Active Steering, and ASM): Optional
  • Grip Reduction on Track Edge: Optional
  • Mechanical Damage: Optional
  • Controller Steering Sensitivity: Optional
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Optional (If Available)

HighSpeedRing_8.jpg

Race Specifics:

• The car used for this race is from the "Arcade Only" Section. Do Not use a car from the "Favorites" Section.
  • The event MUST be run using your GTP_Tag Account
  • The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects (Including Invisible Walls). Any contact with objects, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Be very Careful of the Invisible walls on track side right in the second turn and the last turn. We have zero tolerance for inivisiwall touches, and this was the most common DQ on GT5 Prologu
  • All Hard surfaces are track. This includes Tarmac, Rumbles, Cobbles, Concrete and tarmac over white boundary lines.

Steward's Comments:
We're taking this beast out and running it for its intended purpose this week. See the history of this machine here. This is our first visit to HSR since GT5 Prologue Week 105. I'm not a big fan of HSR, but I have to say that this is one of the most enjoyable combos I've ever driven on this track. I hope you feel the same. 👍

Viewing Your Lap Time Splits:

• You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

• To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Home' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay Theater' option.
  • While Viewing Your Replay, Choose the "Live Timing Monitor" To View Your Sector Times
  • To post your Splits, simply post the sector times that are shown in the live timing monitor.
  • The WRS Fetchbot has been updated and will now add your splits together!

pb060041mt3.jpg

Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your best lap/ghost replay

HighSpeedRing_5.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods
):

• Lap time
  • Any information which can be used to infer laptime

The following information can be discussed in this thread
:

• T1 and T2 times
  • Any settings discussion.
Number of splits: 2

HighSpeedRing_10.jpg

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 23 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, July 25th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

HighSpeedRing_11.jpg

Good luck, :gtplanet:
OLR Team

Almost first.... lol

T1: 27.494
T2: 20.036
(first to swing a leg :) )

I think I'll pick the red car for this one...... :)

Last edited:
I never liked this car in Forza 3 because of the understeeryness of it. It's a little better in GT5 but it still ploughs a mean field :)

Still - this is fun...and best of all - it's gonna be really tight since there aren't THAT many turns.

Anyway....

Nice T1 Lefty - I must be taking a dodgy line!

Also - where the hell is the 6th gear!!!! :)

I won't be able to give this one a go untill Sunday. But I guess that doesn't matter too much, so I'll give it a try.

Fortunately it's a relatively easy one so I can hold off till Monday night.

As always, I prefer stock tires, which means I prefer this combo. ;)

It suits you well, Kevin, that you also choose this track for a combo while I know you really don't like it yourself 👍
I do like it so chances are I'll spend more time here this week than on Fuji :)

Had a quick half hour run to take a break from Fuji. Power-on understeer... my favourite :scared:

No setups to worry about, so just pick your exit and mash the throttle. :)

Sorry Lefty.. :cheers: Won't be long before someone knocks that down though I'm sure.

I am certainly hoping to invest some time in this one this week.
Started out poorly last week in the RX-7 and didnt really get time to redeem myself.
This understeer prone beast looks like alot of fun.
Nice choice Kev!
Cheers All !!!

Gonna throw some initial splits out there, very weird not having a 6th gear on this thing, plus it handles like a truck through the esses, i can see this one being decided by thousands also!

slighty compromised T1 for a better T2

Last edited:
Busy week ahead so this might be my only session with this one...not really sure where to find more time. Fun combo. 👍

T1: 26.810
T2: 19.608

First splits:

T1: 27.348
T2: 19.744

Just trying to figure out lines and braking points for now. As much as I ran HSR on Prologue and previous GT's that was in my wilder but slower days where I mashed the throttle and used other cars to help turn. I'm not intimate with the track yet but will be by the end of the week.

Deceptively simple this week. Here's my best from 10 laps this morning.

T1: 27.604
T2: 19.978

Its a great combo. Such small changes in your line can make a massive difference.
Here are my splits from a quick 15 laps

Ummm..

Is everybody on sports soft tires? :scared:
I barely see any time at all...

Ummm..

Yes i was and from the splits looks like they on sport softs. ull be surprised as what was just said small changes in your lines and when u hit the gas can make up so much time!

Ummm..

Im glad someone else asked this, because I thought the same. I hammered round about 20 times and seem really slow in T1

Haha yeah, I just noticed that I'm last so I clearly need to um...do something....else...?

Back