GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 28 : Decisions, Decisions

• Thread starter EDK
  • 274 comments
Hopefully I should get some time in later today and tomorrow before deadline.
I have yet to start this combo and I've been looking forward to it.:(
Can't wait to try the 🤬 and mostly the 🤬.
D3 is looking good this week, hope I can do something.:)

Hope my fellow WRS East Coasters are staying safe.
The rain and wind has picked up here, but nothing too major yet.

Since the thread has been a little slow this week and not a lot of advice/discussion about the track, I'm going to do a little DHolland-style walkthrough of my lap. Obviously it won't be alien-perfect but hopefully it can help someone who's struggling or is late to the party.

For reference my shift points in all 3 cars are 115-140-185-235 km/h, using gears 2-6.

Sector 1: Stay as far left as possible

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks, Yanaran! Nice write-up! 👍

Not very happy with these splits, but I'm hopeful that a burrito willl improve them! :dopey:

Small improvements ...

This is the type of combo that you'd like 3 weeks to last in order to make enough miles to really get the hang of the track.

Still haven't decided if the standard LSD works better than the custom one. Thoughts, anyone?

Submitting with these splits, used Dom's tune and instant improvement, a few tweaks here and there. Don't think i'd get those kind of times in T3 Jon, nice 👍

See you guys next week.

Just started on this done about 50 miles in each car so far, will run all cars in then put some fresh oil in to thoroughly test all the cars.. After this I shall be picking a car and sticking with it for maybe 100 laps or so if I find the time.. Would of liked more time with this combo but unfortunately its bank holiday so time is a premium.. fantastic combo this week though

T1, 36.090
T2, 26.665
T3, 27.616

Last edited:
Just noticed that I had been logged back in to PSN without asking, so now my 4 best lap replays are all with the wrong driver tag. Don't know if I'll have the time or energy to try again, haven't been really close to my best lap in the last two days.

*sigh*

Did a few runs just to have something to submit, fumbled T3 but an OK lap overall. Still quite a bit from my previous best. :indiff:

T1: 35.341
T2: 25.926
T3: 27.149

edit: I was so distracted I didn't notice your splits Carlos, making a move for the D2 win? :)

Last edited:
Managed some splits.
About .1xx away from my goal, I know it's out there just have to get it.
Surprisingly the one I found the fastest for me was the last one I picked.

T1: 36.254
T2: 26.612
T3: 27.963

- - - - -

Manged to hit my goal plus about .2xx extra, so I am content with that...for now.
Going to submit with these splits just in case I don't get another chance to run this combo again.

T1: 36.276
T2: 26.484
T3: 27.659

Last edited:
Such a big dicision to make in so little time. Just got home from a short vacation. Did a first short stint with 2 cars and got pretty much simulair laptimes.

Why couldn't you dicide Kev. You only had to pick 1 car. Is that so hard to do :lol:

Question to you Kev. How do we submit our car choice. Can't find nothing in the opening post. Besides the standard submission format:

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    Time: X'XX.XXX
    (Example-) Time: 1'10.100
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the body: "get entry"
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the body of "remove entry".
  • If multiple times are submitted, only the last submission will be counted.
  • Please include in your submission PM your final lap time
  • The deadline is Monday, August 29th 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site. Beware of the US Daylight Savings Time Change, don't cut it too close.

Question to you Kev. How do we submit our car choice.

My names not Kev, but close. My names Kelvin but thought I would answer you're question :sly:

You can let everybody know which car you used in the results thread when this finishes tomorrow, no need to tell fetchy as I don't think he will have a clue what you're going on about :lol:

My names not Kev, but close. My names Kelvin but thought I would answer you're question :sly:

You can let everybody know which car you used in the results thread when this finishes tomorrow, no need to tell fetchy as I don't think he will have a clue what you're going on about :lol:

:lol: Did not know you were a Kelvin, reminds me of this.

kelvinator1.jpg

I think I'll add to the first post to PM me your car, and I will add to the results thread. Joost and Vaxen are working on a permanent fix, but for now, please don't confuse fetchy. ;)

EDK
:lol: Did not know you were a Kelvin, reminds me of this.

kelvinator1.jpg

I think I'll add to the first post to PM me your car, and I will add to the results thread. Joost and Vaxen are working on a permanent fix, but for now, please don't confuse fetchy. ;)

Cool under pressure :sly:

Think i decided the car i'm gonna use. Did a serious stint of about 4 x 5 laps and ended up with this splits:

Last edited:
edit: I was so distracted I didn't notice your splits Carlos, making a move for the D2 win? :)

That's certainly the goal this week, although I'm sure there are others that can beat my time...

You should be, nice splits.👍 I'll have to put in some more time, I don't know if I can match the 27.2 T3 but the other two splits I can match or better.:)

My T1 is weak, but good for me if that makes sense. The rest of the lap is pretty solid though :) If you beat it, you deserve the win 👍 (but I'd prefer it if you didn't :sly: )

Not very happy with these splits, but I'm hopeful that a burrito willl improve them! :dopey:

FYI, the 2nd half the burrito just didn't do much for me and I just spun my wheels all yesterday (literally and figuratively). Today I made a little traction with a much more balanced lap and a tenth and a half quicker at the line:

T1: 36.040
T2: 26.561
T3: 27.595

Lost a bit from my previous lap in T1, T2, and T4. 👎 But T3 was 0.4 quicker and finally up to par. 👍 👍 I had two recurring glaring mistakes in T3 and I've corrected those pretty consistently now. At this point it's down to shaving 0.05-0.10 off of at least two out of the three other sectors.

I've got one more session in me before I call it quits.

Update. I'm done and hit my goal for the week of beating a minute and a half to the T3 marker. Submitting with these new splits:

T1: 35.832
T2: 26.589
T3: 27.512

It's a clean lap because the white lines are in on the exit of turn 4... Glad that rule got clarified as I almost had a breakdown when I read in the OP the white lines were out :nervous:

I think I've come a long way on this track. Turn 4 is still the hardest part to nail and the key to the entire lap... the rest of the lap I'm pretty consistent, but turn 4 is from hell. Should would be nice to use all of that nice runoff right there :dunce:

Just checked and I put 986.7 miles on "this" car. Add to that just a few miles on "that" and "the other" means I must have run over 1,000 miles for this combo :dunce: Good thing the wife and kids have been away this week. :lol:

Last edited:
Finally some progress 👍
Gave up on the constructors championship and chose the car I really want to be the best :D.
Not very scientific, but it's working.

:)

Last edited:
I politely accepted invitations to dance with Wilimina and Winifred, but I stayed true to Wanda.

Got a second session (first session I cleverly only recorded two sectors :dunce:):

T1: 36.522
T2: 26.196
T3: 27.793

Many thanks to CSL for the base setup(s!), and to yanaran for the writeup!

Now, if only I could drive well enough with all that generous help to fix T1, and de-timidify sector 4. Time will tell, or the lack thereof.

Last edited:
Quiet around here...

Maybe so, but there's quite a lineup in the splits leaderboard... D3 has 15 drivers with posted splits (16 actually because Unkymo's division isn't shown properly) ! Fall is in the air.

@Ealirendur & @Hydro: Those are smoking T2's... holy cow... If I could have pulled those of I'd be up there with Lynx_Can. I must have mucked up Dunlop or something to lose that much time.

PS. Looks like unkymo has some issues where the LB is getting confused with his two names GTP_unkymo1 vs. GTP_unkymo

Quiet around here...

I'll gladly chime in..

Finally getting the hang of this... GT5 that is :dopey:
Hopefully I'll get one last try in before the deadline. 👍

... D3 has 15 drivers with posted splits (16 actually because Unkymo's division isn't shown properly) !
Impressive D3!
It's going to be quite a finish I'm sure!
Good luck everyone :cheers:

Excellent splits Marc - how's the 🤬 running?

:sly:

Thanks Jon, clearly I'm lovin' the 🤬.
Should have just followed my instincts all along :dunce:

You are having quite a week yourself 👍
Here's to a strong finish :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back